Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best jungler?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Best jungler? 35 posts - page 2 of 4

Poll Question:

Best jungler all round
Arachne
Bakasura
Bastet
Fenrir
Freya
Hun Batz
Kali
Loki
Mercury
Ne Zha
Nemesis
Odin
Thanatos
Thor
Tyr
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » April 21, 2014 11:24pm | Report
Well, sort of, but Thanatos is so dominant and strong that 70% of the times if not more, he does get kills.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 22, 2014 12:31am | Report
The fact that many people are voting for thanatos and loki makes me sad, but understanding of the relative skill/elo/w.e level of our users
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 22, 2014 12:39am | Report
I'll elaborate to not seem like a douche, heh.
We're talking all around here.

Thanatos has weak early ganks (he relies ENTIRELY on pure damage - 0 CC or gap closers) meaning it's hard to start him off, and he'll actually lose trades early vs most junglers. Finally, his teamfight phase is abysmal - he only works well if someone's low, meaning you've already won the fight and he is void, and when he goes in with ult he dies near instantly because he has nothing afterwards. He's a pubstomper, but he is not at all the best all around. He's a damage machine, that's it.

Same with loki. He does nothing but pick off MAYBE one person and be useless.

As for my vote, it'd go to Tyr, followed by maybe Nemesis. Tyr has early game base damage, late game relevant damage, tankiness, and CC, all which are decent speed and relatively easy to use, plus he can adapt to either a warrior-assassin or a bruiser-tank depending on if he's ahead or not, plus his early ganks DO have weight, as a fearless combo will kill anyone WHILE ccing them. He's VERY flexbile.

Nemesis is less so, but can still be built either way, can assassinate a squishy, yet most importantly, still has survivability with her shield and still has a decent escape, plus she's near IMPOSSIBLE to avoid as a mage. Like her speed and gap closers are GROSS. If she's behind she's iffy, but a very good counterinitiator with her cone nuke/slow and her *always* relevant assassination.

That's my two cents, and I can defend/explain much more if anyone wishes to know why I think thanatos/loki are garbage, why these 2 are my choices for top, or why anyone else is not top that hasn't been mentioned.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 22, 2014 1:06am | Report
Bakasura, he has an ok jungle clear, pretty good damage and his ult can even contribute to a teamfight :)
He is good early-late which is already more than some other junglers can do.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » April 22, 2014 4:26am | Report
Spoiler: Click to view

This is exactly what I tried to explain :)! (except for the early ganks part)

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » April 22, 2014 6:19am | Report
Raventhor, I'll have to disagree about Thanatos.

His early ganks are insane. I don't know if by "early ganks" you meant level 1-4 or 5-9, but nonetheless, his early ganks are ridiculously powerful. Death Scythe is nearly unavoidable at point blank, and deals 50% of a squishy's health if not more. He has 2 forms of hard CC, one being Soul Reap for a silence and one being his ultimate, which stuns. 2 forms of AoE hard CC is more than nothing - almost no assassin has these. Also, his Death Scythe slows.

He actually has good gap closer. Scent of Death provides great movement speed + slow immunity, and Hovering Death... self explanatory.

Sure, late game he falls off, but he is not useless, unlike Arachne. And his early game is even stronger than Arachne's.

I'll put it this way;
If Chronos had an even slightly more viable early game but his late game stays as it is now, he'd be overpowered. Chronos' poopy early game and ridiculous late game balance off each other. I'd say he has 2/10 early game and 8/10 late game.

With Thanatos, it's more 10/10 early game and 4/10 late game. Arachne is 8/10 early game and 2/10 late game, approximately.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » April 22, 2014 6:34am | Report
Jordenito wrote:

Raventhor, I'll have to disagree about Thanatos.

Death Scythe is nearly unavoidable at point blank, and deals 50% of a squishy's health if not more.

It is deadly, but only if it hits. You sat it's unabidable at point black range, but then it's your fault for letting him get so close. Tyr can lock you down (probably making you die) at point black range. Bakasura wrecks you with Butcher's Blade when at point blank range.

What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't let him get close,just like all other junglers. When at medium range, Death Scythe is avoidable, which takes away at least 30% of his dmg.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » April 22, 2014 6:50am | Report
Guess I phrased it vaguely.

Every skill shot is unavoidable point blank, true. But thing is that Death Scythe has the range of squall and the velocity of declaw. Now, I wouldn't have a problem with that if it didn't take down 50% of your health early game. My problem with Thanatos is that he literally has everything. Like I've said he's dangerous at both long range and closr range, he has 2 forms of AOE CC, high mobility, damage & burst. The one thing that he doesn't have is disengage.

Just because something has counter play and is avoidable - Death Scythe - doesn't mean that it should be so powerful. It's a long ranged skill shot, on a melee assassin, that slows, massively heals and does ridiculous damage. He is a melee assassin with super-strong auto attacks that also has abilities that hurt A LOT.

Ho would you feel if at level 1 squall would take down 50% of your health? And that's on a Mage.

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » April 22, 2014 7:03am | Report
Spoiler: Click to view

I didn't mean Thanatos isn't op, he is :P
I just disagreed on the part of unavoidable.
Just like his ultimate, it is avoidable with jumps and aegis. Hell, I even avoided it with Thor's 1 once. On top of that, if he misses his 1/3 the cooldown is very long.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » April 25, 2014 3:23am | Report
I voted for Thanatos, but I will say the scariest ones are Bakasura, Kali and Mercury lategame. They can beat the **** out of you if you find them lategame and if you do NOT find them they're destroying your towers and phoenixes in two seconds.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }