Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Assassins in the Mid Lane

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Assassins in the Mid Lane 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » August 1, 2014 11:18am | Report
So I've been playing a lot of lol recently and am kind of addicted to mid assassins like Zed and Talon. So, I thought, what about mid assassins in smite?
So I've come up with a basic criteria for mid lane assassins.
They must have at least:
1) decent wave clear
2) good poke.
3) strong- burst.
4) decent+ escapability.

Based off this criteria I've so far come up with 4 assassins that are good in the mid lane.

Freya:
An obvious choice, seeing as she is also listed as a mage, but I'll always consider her an assassin. She's probably one of the strongest mid assassin choices. Here's the specs:
1) Strong wave clear.
2) Good+ poke.
3) Strong burst.
4) Decent+ escapability.
So she is an excellent choice.

Loki:
I know, that's another assassin already played in the mid lane, but it's easier to start off with the ones already tested.
1) Good- wave clear.
2) Good+ poke.
3) Strong+ burst.
4) Strong- escapability.
So he's a good choice.
(Note: I gave him good poke instead of strong because of his need to use his main escape ability to execute a full poke.)

Thanatos:
Now it gets to the ones that haven't already been played in the mid lane. I thought thanatos would be good because of his low mana usage and high nuke capability.
1) Good- wave clear.
2) Strong poke.
3) Strong burst.
4) Good+ escapability.
So he is also a strong choice when you factor in his ability to stay in lane forever with his low mana usage and lifesteal on his 1.

Bastet:
Bastet may seem a weird choice, but trust me on this, she can go pretty ham on a lot of other mid laners. When you also add on her very strong push with her kitty katz of doom she is quite strong.
1) Good wave clear.
2) Strong poke.
3) Strong- to strong burst.
4) Strong- escapability.
So she is also a very strong choice.
(Note: the reason why I gave her more escapability than thana with his wings of death is because no one ever remembers about where she leapt from, so you can just fly back and walk happily away.)

If anyone else could help me out with testing that would be great, especially since I'm going on a 3 day trip sunday. Thanks!
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » August 1, 2014 11:26am | Report
Hehe... Ne Zha.... try it and laugh as your enemies fall before your glory.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » August 1, 2014 11:43am | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

Hehe... Ne Zha.... try it and laugh as your enemies fall before your glory.

I feel like that could work, but his wave clear and escapability would suck pretty hard. His poke could be good if you poke with 3 basic basic walk away, but it puts you in a lot of risk. But damn that burst tho. I'll definitely try it.
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Iyashi » August 2, 2014 1:02pm | Report

I feel like that could work, but his wave clear and escapability would suck pretty hard. His poke could be good if you poke with 3 basic basic walk away, but it puts you in a lot of risk. But damn that burst tho. I'll definitely try it.

Ne zha mid actually works really good, there are some vids on youtube. As for the others, I'll try them out sometime, seems fun mid assasin :p

My Builds

Iyashi

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 3, 2014 12:55pm | Report
get a mage to waste his abilities on the minion (e.g. Poseidon's Whirlpool) and then attack him

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Minscinno » August 14, 2014 11:00am | Report
As Ne Zha start with Death's Toll and Hand of the Gods, with Universe Ring Toss/ immortal spirit, you have great clear, sustain and damage. If you manage to use the Universe Ring Toss right(make it bounce at a minion and then at the god) and do the Armillary Sash + Flaming Spear AA combo with perfection, your poke will be incredible strong, and your combo at level 5, with Wind Fire Wheels... it's so strong. Of course, it is a high risk/high reward, but it's so much fun and can snowball you a hell lot.

Minscinno

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 15, 2014 1:26pm | Report
Minscinno wrote:

As Ne Zha start with Death's Toll and Hand of the Gods, with Universe Ring Toss/ immortal spirit, you have great clear, sustain and damage. If you manage to use the Universe Ring Toss right(make it bounce at a minion and then at the god) and do the Armillary Sash + Flaming Spear AA combo with perfection, your poke will be incredible strong, and your combo at level 5, with Wind Fire Wheels... it's so strong. Of course, it is a high risk/high reward, but it's so much fun and can snowball you a hell lot.

still like I said if the mage doesn't use an abilitie to clear you can better watch out otherwise your dead.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » August 16, 2014 9:54pm | Report
If you play Loki in the mid-lane you are a terrible person with a special seat in Hell reserved specifically for you.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 17, 2014 6:32am | Report
Sasquatch180 wrote:

If you play Loki in the mid-lane you are a terrible person with a special seat in Hell reserved specifically for you.

Thanks for the personal message <3

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }