Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Artemis right now

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Artemis right now 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaden » April 22, 2013 9:37am | Report
Heya, wanted to share some opinions and get some back, Artemis my once fave god and what she has been reduced to now. is there any merit to playing her now?

i kind of feel that any and all other range carries outshine her. this comes across in base damage as well as skill set synergy and nuking.

especially today when i played her again, even with full items i noticed her auto attack damage is subpar compared to other carries.

her skills are lackluster for a few reasons and im not saying everything needs fixing but, her passive with the new passives coming out is a little weak.

her traps are a joke, tbh even when i play squishy gods i will go stand in them to break them because they are that worthless, maybe add a bleed or something to it as well as a few seconds of cripple after they are out, because of the difficulty in using it in a fight. and running up to use it as a follow up to boar isnt practical for a range god.

her speed buff 75% while it is the fastest, maybe should add something else because her auto attk speed is pretty slow and using 75% buff you are still far far slower then other gods which is kinda weird and sad.

3rd skill is still nice, its a fairly decent nuke although the slow is only 25% for a mere 2 secs.

i would say given shes supposed to be a hunter and that she has barely any escapes, maybe changing her kit to be more of a cripple god would match the lore and give her a more unique role to the game. even if her boar didnt change targets and instead attacked 1 person for longer while crippling them it would feel more like a hunt then spastic overgrown dog.

opinions?

Kaden

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 22, 2013 10:32am | Report
I think she is kinda worthless, she needs a rework since she is so weak. She might be OK in pubs but absolutely terrible for the rest. I think she isn't the weakest god but I would pick any other carry over her

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 22, 2013 11:28am | Report
I actually like her, I would use her as my anti Anubis anytime.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » April 22, 2013 12:41pm | Report
Artemis isn't necessarily bad, she just falls into the category of being a hyper carry. For those of you unfamiliar, it is a term from other MOBAs that was used to refer to characters that had very high-risk, high-reward playstyles: they often had to deal with some crippling weaknesses early on and were heavily dependant upon getting their build maxed out before they could really shine. If you survived to the endgame with plenty of farm and without dying, you could usually carry the rest of the game effortlessly because of how well they scaled with a full build.

Generally speaking, hyper carries are usually not picked often simply because they are so risky. The people who do play them in competitive play are usually very good at them, and they have to know how to avoid getting shut down too early in order to remain useful throughout the game.

Another problem with hyper carries is they tend to be the most vulnerable to powercreep. The moment anyone else shows up that can do their job even slightly better, or with much less risk, their usage falls off significantly. Artemis has been going through just that simply because there are now more carries who can do almost as much DPS (or even just as much) as her, but with far less risk involved. The only thing she has really gotten in terms of improvement is the new Blink ability, which is actually pretty good on her for initiating against an enemy (Blink near an enemy so they are within range of your boar), but anyone can get that too, so that point becomes rather moot.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » April 22, 2013 1:02pm | Report
She's certainly not worthless, considering her high damage output. However, she is high risk as Sunfall said.

I quite enjoy playing her and I main her, but if there are problems with her it's that she can easily be outpushed by Gods like *****-Neith or *****-Dragon. Nevertheless, Artemis' skill depends entirely on how you play her.

No one can deny that Suppress The Insolent is a great ability and it can easily take out the archer minions around level 8-10 and at skill level 3 or so. Aside from that, it works as the ULTIMATE POKE. If in mid lane I go up against a God like He Bo, I can easily wear him down with it. It works against a large variety of Gods and is one of the tools that can really up her early game.

The rest of her is most learning to combine her basics with disabling the enemy with her skills. Drop a Transgressors Fate or a Calydonian Boar, turn around, pop Vengeful Assault, and you can kill most Gods in that small amount of time right there. If not, finishing them off with a Suppress is so satisfying. SO SATISFYING.

The thing about Artemis is that most people assume that she's an easy pick, and she is if you think that spamming Suppress and using the Boar whenever possible is the only way to play her. She takes a combination of skills in order to be played well, but you also need a sense of carefulness. Artemis can be swarmed very easily, and has no escapes unless you are fortunate to drop a Transgressors Fate and someone gets stuck, in which case you could probably get a kill.

She's a good God, she just needs to be sustained until she can wreck people in late game where she skyrockets, as Sunfall said. Truthfully, that's not hard to do. Get some lifesteal, hit your basics, etc.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaden » April 24, 2013 1:25am | Report
while i can understand her being a hyper carry i still think other gods can deal far more damage quicker then her, also why is it that every god with a steroid has 6 secs while artemis has 3 maxing out at 5 secs =( hardly seems fair, especially as a carry in a fight, 3 secs puts her as a ganker, although ganking gods have 6 seconds making them more useful for longer in team fights.

also to get decent damage you need to basically line up the full combo of ulti, insolent, trap and steriod, honestly for getting a full combo in, and a combo thats fairly broken since your ranged and need to get close to actually fully utilize it, the damage isnt that amazing, especially considering xbalange presses 2-3 combo for massive damage and it keeps him at a safe distance.

in order to fix her without a complete rework of the skills, whats everyones opinions?

traps need a massive overhaul though, close range skill to be useful but even after the stun it gives its fairly worthless.
also would you add anything additional to her steroid skill?

those 2 skills i think are what ruins her.

Kaden

Remarkable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }