Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Alternative 'Meta' Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Alternative 'Meta' Idea 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 11, 2014 3:18pm | Report
Basically, here is an alternative team arrangement that could compete with the traditional meta without overshadowing it.

Hunter mid, Tank jungle, Support Mage/Burst Mage duo, whoever solo.

Advantages: Hunter mid gets more farm, Burst Mage in duo makes it easier to gank, tank jungled gives CC to lanes who might need it, Two mages remove the need for HoG, solo does his own thing.

Disadvantages: Hunter will need HoG, XP will be more even in duo lane.

Of course, very few hunters can mid, and fewer tanks can jungle, but I believe this combo can work, judging by my own experiences with tank jungling, hunter midding, and squishy supporting.

Remember, I don't think this is strictly better or worse than the current meta, just different.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 12, 2014 7:54am | Report
Personally, using your meta, I think that you don't necessarily need a tank to jungle. Forcing someone to go somewhere when they aren't necessarily better just for the sake of being more different is, well, bad. I mean, already sending a hunter down mid is already different, so why change up everything if it's simply difference you're looking for?
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 12, 2014 1:52pm | Report
Mainly because having tank jungle, well...let me explain.

I play Thanatos jungle and Fenrir jungle pretty often, and ganking certain lanes are impossible.

For example, as Thantos jungle, it is very hard to gank duo lane, since your nuke is the most easily bodyblocked thing in the game. Fenrir jungle has similar issues, especially when gods like Sobek can interrupt your Brutalize, leaving you virtually helpless.

If you have a god that needs to hit with one, instant ability to deal the most damage (not literal damage, you know what I mean), that solves this issue. It also helps with ganking certain gods like Apollo, Neith, or Agni.

Also, most teams need some kind of front line, and the jungler is it. I guess some tanks could solo instead, and let a bruiser jungle. I mean, the tank will get HoG either way.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » January 12, 2014 10:15pm | Report
The thing is that this is not about "Doing the job" but about "Getting farmed".

A tank has little to no push, and because of this, he will get outpushed in the solo lane. That means that he won't have the exp and gold that he needs to be relevant, while the opponent, some guy with better push, farms all he wants.

The thing about the tank being in the duo lane is that he can defend the carry and set up kills while getting gold and experience thanks to the carry.

Same thing, I believe, with "full tank junglers". With no clear speed whatsoever you'll take AGES to catch up the people farming in lane, not to mention the enemy jungler.

It doesn't matter if you can't gank for **** a lane. It's about farming. And if you can't gank a lane with thanatos because whatever, you can always try to get one of the other two lanes.

PS: Sorry if I misspelled something. I have an awesome fever right now.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 12, 2014 11:58pm | Report
Shavul wrote:

The thing is that this is not about "Doing the job" but about "Getting farmed".

A tank has little to no push, and because of this, he will get outpushed in the solo lane. That means that he won't have the exp and gold that he needs to be relevant, while the opponent, some guy with better push, farms all he wants.

The thing about the tank being in the duo lane is that he can defend the carry and set up kills while getting gold and experience thanks to the carry.

Same thing, I believe, with "full tank junglers". With no clear speed whatsoever you'll take AGES to catch up the people farming in lane, not to mention the enemy jungler.

It doesn't matter if you can't gank for **** a lane. It's about farming. And if you can't gank a lane with thanatos because whatever, you can always try to get one of the other two lanes.

PS: Sorry if I misspelled something. I have an awesome fever right now.

If you think tanks can't clear quickly, you've never seen Ymir jungle. Sadly, I think he's the only tank so far who can build pure tank and still have a decent clear speed. Of course, if you go for the bruiser route, Athena, Sobek, Vamana, Odin, and a bunch of other tanks begin to have good clear speeds.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » January 13, 2014 12:54am | Report
I think Athena has the same clear speed as ymir and even fastwr than some assassin

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 13, 2014 1:03am | Report
Her clear speeds are alright, I suppose, but Ymir's damage skill has a way lower cooldown, and his basic attack damage is doubled.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }