Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Adding M. Power to Basic Attacks?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Adding M. Power to Basic Attacks? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 8, 2013 10:35pm | Report
Basically, I was wondering if there could an item like that. Let's say an item's passive added 20% of your magical power to your basic attacks as innate damage, and effects like this do not stack. So Chronos can't have 75% of his magical power to his basic attacks.

What's the point? Basically, with Nu Wa on board and all, I thought it would be nice to have basic attacks be a decent alternative to normal mages.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 8, 2013 11:09pm | Report
They already scale off MP though
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 8, 2013 11:16pm | Report
Well, yeah, but more so. So the new damage would be Base + 20% + 20% of magical power. Still not as good as Freya and Chronos, but still possibly worth looking into, especially for gods like Hades or Nu Wa.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 9, 2013 1:06pm | Report
The thing is that the skills that are casted by magic users are usually stronger than the ones casted by physical gods. While phys gods need to auto attack things to get kills, Kuang or anubis or whoever the **** can destroy anybody by just casting ****.

Of course glass cannon assassins can do a huge ammount of damage by skills like, say, ne zha's ult and stuff. But if you want to boost up the auto attacks from agic users, you would need to boost up the damage from the skills that are used by phys gods.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 9, 2013 1:22pm | Report
Shavul wrote:

The thing is that the skills that are casted by magic users are usually stronger than the ones casted by physical gods. While phys gods need to auto attack things to get kills, Kuang or anubis or whoever the **** can destroy anybody by just casting ****.

Of course glass cannon assassins can do a huge ammount of damage by skills like, say, ne zha's ult and stuff. But if you want to boost up the auto attacks from agic users, you would need to boost up the damage from the skills that are used by phys gods.

Are you, by any chance, related to ICEN?

Like Telkhine's Ring/Demonic Grip/Fatalis/Etc, this item will make you sacrifice magical power. 40% of your magical power + Base isn't bad. It's roughly around the same level as a normal physical god if you have Rod, and slightly worse otherwise. You definitely won't be as strong as a pure MP mage.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by artski » December 9, 2013 2:06pm | Report
Yeh would be awesome if there was an item that affected this in some way.

artski

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }