Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Remove old builds and items?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Remove old builds and items? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sorlux » September 27, 2013 10:22am | Report
Im not exactly sure where to put this thread also if this has been done before then sorry for the repeat.

So I was going through Guan Yu guides and Freya guides and still see Magical/Tank builds for Guan Yu and Hybrid/Physical builds for Freya. These builds are so out of date and the people who made them don't seem to be active on SmiteFire anymore to archive them, so I was wondering could we just remove them completely or have a system where you could vote to remove and so many votes would have the build removed/archived? I know this would take a while perhaps (I don't know how long coding these things take) but it would be a great feature and clear up useless guides.

Another thing is when creating a guide and picking items to go into the build I noticed some items that are no longer in the game. Now some of these do say "item no longer in game" but some still say what they do and are not in the game anymore. Why not just remove them completely?

If these things just take a large amount of time to do then I understand, but it still would be great/helpful.
IGN:Sorlux

Sorlux

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 27, 2013 10:58am | Report
Part of your .gif looks like a butt when it's seen at that pace.

Anyhow, I agree that there should be some method to hide or remove moldy (way beyond stale) guides. Maybe a sort-by-last-update feature?

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sorlux » September 27, 2013 1:47pm | Report
Great now im changing my gif :(

The only reason it does that is because its not the full gif its just cut.

Sorlux

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 27, 2013 2:17pm | Report
The guides cannot be removed, only archived by their maker or unpublished be a moderator. All of those outdated guides would have to be updated by their makers, which is highly unlikely at this point.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sorlux » September 27, 2013 2:38pm | Report
Exactly why we should just get rid of them or make a voting system that would archive them automatically.

Sorlux

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » October 4, 2013 9:07am | Report
For the items thing, I think that is a bug where it's showing deleted items for some reason. Could you give me a few examples?

For the guides. Since there's no feature to remove guides that aren't updated, if a guide is so outdated it literally doesn't work we can look into removing it. I was asked to remove Guan Yu guides when he got his rework, but I wanted to give the authors a week or 2 to update their guides before I did that. I will look into this.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }