Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Random Lag

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Random Lag 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AngrySlic » March 10, 2015 2:23pm | Report
Usually I get about 50-70 fps, but every 10 or so minutes the fps will drop to 15-20 and after a few minutes it will go back to normal. What can be causing this and how can I fix it? Any help is appreciated.

AngrySlic

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » March 10, 2015 3:13pm | Report
I've had a similar problem before. It could be because your computer is overheating. If you're using a laptop, you can try touching the mousepad to feel how hot it is. There are multiple programs you could download that will tell you if you're computer is overheating or not.

Also, spring is here and the weather getting is warmer, so that may be why you're suddenly seeing the FPS drops now, as weather can cause your computer to get too hot.

I advise that you place a fan near your computer, and also try taking it apart so you can clean it out. Dust buildup can contribute to overheating.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 11, 2015 1:17pm | Report
If dust is the problem make sure you clean the part that reroutes the electricity because if your pc decides too spontaneously combust it's mostly because of that location having some components that heat up quick (it has it's own fan too)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }