Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Issues Installing SMITE

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Issues Installing SMITE 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BobtheGuy » January 7, 2014 6:29pm | Report
Hello, first time on the boards here.

I seem to be having a very serious issue re-installing SMITE to my computer. At first everything was okay, installing as it should, then when I started the SMITE client to begin patching, it declared that there was an issue that the diagnostics and support needed to fix. I gave it the go ahead, but after some really buggy loading bars, the diagnostics came back with "Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service is not installed on this machine".

I went and tried un-installing and re-installing the game under admins, but whenever I try to re-install, it says that there is an existing installation where there is none. On top of that, I tried finding the "Authenticate and Update" service install on Hi-Rez's website and came up dry. It's highly possible I'm an idiot, but even so, is there anyone out there who has had this problem?

BobtheGuy

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BobtheGuy » January 11, 2014 5:02pm | Report
Although I didn't really receive any help from Hi-Rez on this problem, I did manage to find a solution.

I went through every part of my computer (shortcuts, program files, registry, etc.) until I had deleted every part of Hi-Rez software that existed on my computer, then tried re-installing. It seems that the new install must have been glossing over the older parts and was failing to install key parts of the game. Anyways, if anyone else comes by this problem and wanted to know how I solved it, here is how.

1) Delete everything regarding SMITE/Hi-Rez from your computer.
*Note that simply asking the Control Panel to un-install will most likely not be enough.
2) Try installing again.
3) Hope it works.

That's all, I hope this helps anyone who reads it.

BobtheGuy

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 11, 2014 5:36pm | Report
I'm sorry that you weren't able to get help. I'm clueless when it comes to technical issues, I'm afraid, but it's good that you were able to fix it.

Oh, and +1 rep for being willing to share. Welcome to Smitefire.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }