Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help! Smite will not start anymore!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Help! Smite will not start anymore! 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Whattheduece » January 19, 2014 5:19pm | Report
On the 13th of the this month I had successfully downloaded, installed and played SMITE, being able to complete the tutorial only (without any problems) before logging out since that was all I had time for. The next day, I come home and try to launch SMITE. However, after pressing the green PLAY button in the launcher, the only thing that popped up was the "Hi-Rez Studios" banner and nothing else - it just sat there and did nothing with the banner. So after this I decided to open the icon's properties and run it as administrator - that didn't work either. I also ran it in compatibility mode for Windows 7, with the same unfortunate results. Aside from a frozen banner, I would also get the occasional crash report message popup after the program .exe "stopped working" according to Windows 7. The message said that I ran out of visual memory and to fix this I would have to clear up some space in my primary hard disk (C) - strangely enough, there is 16.1 GB remaining....

In addition, I have completely re-downloaded and installed this game twice, and ran the pre-reqs multiple times. My computer should handle it because it did on max settings with at least 45 fps when I played tutorial, so it cant possibly be hardware related (and yes I have up-to-date drivers). Please help! I want to play this badass game, and I havent yet :(

Whattheduece

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 20, 2014 1:11am | Report
Hey Deuce,

Welcome to the forums.

First off - Virtual Memory is not the same as the memory located on your hard disk (or, to what it's usually binded to, C://).
Virtual memory usually is the hard drive space allotted to the operating system for use when RAM is full or almost full to handle larger files and processes.

Since this is a RAM related issue (probably indirectly, I doubt your RAM is really the one at fault here). I would like to know your specs.

Secondly, see if you did any changes to your system in between the two days. A bad/unsupporting GPU Driver can very commonly cause this issue also. You might want to consider down/upgrading your driver.

ps: Interesting read about your issue - if I don't respond fast and you can't play SMITE, you might as well educate yourself a little, right? http://www.windowsanswers.net/articles/fix-virtual-memory but don't download the the file they recommend at the end, it's usually trashware that's only half useful.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 29, 2014 12:30am | Report
Help needed: What to do if smite password isn't working? Tried to recover password from hi-rez website but no mail has come for 2 days though it says "an email has been sent to you". The problem is with a friend of mine.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by T4ngo » February 18, 2014 10:07am | Report
I have the same problem, Running Win 7 and played it for a few days and now it wont start.

It says that the game runns out of Virtual memory, I allocated 3-6GB (from 3)and still it wont start.

Intel i5-3570 CPU
8 GB RAM
Windows 7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX760

T4ngo

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }