Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Guide Cleanup (Suggestion)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Guide Cleanup (Suggestion) 30 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » January 20, 2015 12:16pm | Report
GeouZu wrote:

I had an idea just to start learning and playing gods that lack new guides here and write guides about them, but well, due to my game problems and Hi-Rez support being OP (waiting for an answer for 3 weeks already) I can't do that. But well that might work when you think about it.

That would definitely be much appreciated, although we don't expect you to play / write guides for gods you don't like etc. Still, man that would be nice. :D

Sorry about the support thing. :( They are super busy with the S2 stuff probably...

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » January 20, 2015 12:27pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

That would definitely be much appreciated, although we don't expect you to play / write guides for gods you don't like etc. Still, man that would be nice. :D

Sorry about the support thing. :( They are super busy with the S2 stuff probably...

Yeah, I think they are just too busy, so I am still waiting for the e-mail :D . Firstly there was The New Year, then SWC, not Season 2, so I guess everybody is too busy.
But hopefully my 2nd comp still works and I can play Smite when I have time and comp is free :D At the moment I'm waiting for S2, to see all the changes and then probably I will write another guide and update the existing ones.

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 20, 2015 2:21pm | Report
I still get comments on guides like my Ra one that I haven't touched in a year...it makes me really embarrassed. So I'll work on this myself.

My problem is some guides are labeled 'outdated' despite no new information affecting it. Like Scylla - she hasn't had anything major done to her or the items she uses to where I'd really want to change my guide, and it results in it being labeled stale or expired, so I have to edit my guide extremely superficially just so it's viewable.

There's no easy common ground between keeping solid guides alive and making sure expired guides are actually kept under control. I suppose we'll just, as a whole, work to keep our guides updated.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » January 20, 2015 3:05pm | Report
Well said Raventhor. That is an issue indeed, and no clear / easy solution.

I didn't mean to call you out or anything, I just happened to check Ra since I saw him as a god that a lot of newer people use, and was sad there were no updated guides, haha. Don't feel obligated to fix it just because I mentioned it (though it would be nice!).

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 20, 2015 3:10pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Well said Raventhor. That is an issue indeed, and no clear / easy solution.

I didn't mean to call you out or anything, I just happened to check Ra since I saw him as a god that a lot of newer people use, and was sad there were no updated guides, haha. Don't feel obligated to fix it just because I mentioned it (though it would be nice!).

Oh I didn't even notice you mentioned Ra, I just happened to get a comment on it and noticed how lackluster my guide was xD

But eh, it's not just that it's a suggestion, it's a personal desire to do it too.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » January 20, 2015 4:41pm | Report
Actually I'd be happy to help GeoZu carry out his idea. As far as I can see, that's the best way to carry this out.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » January 20, 2015 4:44pm | Report
I'm currently making a huge update the my guide so I haven't been doing anything lately. I will finish it again to let it be seen by the public, but until then it remains archived until the big release.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » January 20, 2015 5:23pm | Report
Ok, I think I could get a decent Poseidon, Apollo, and Sobek guide up by next Sunday.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » January 20, 2015 6:36pm | Report
Keep in mind they're going to do a huge itemization change soon, so it'd be good to start with the gameplay sections and leave the items section till we at least have the items on the PTS.

It makes me so happy there's new guides in the works! :D

If you guys use Twitter you can tweet 'em @SmiteFireGuides and I'll check 'em out / possibly retweet 'em.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » January 20, 2015 6:38pm | Report
I've been wanting to get on track with with my guides actually and right when I was, took a trip to India and didn't really have time missed a week of school and spent a lot of my free time making up work :/. Now I should be able to get to them especially with a week off for me next week.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }