Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The most Toxic Community?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » The most Toxic Community? 13 posts - page 2 of 2

Poll Question:

Which of these 2 are the most toxic?
Gamers
Youtube People.
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 6, 2013 8:58am | Report
While I did choose YouTube, I understand people picking gamers. Gamers can be very toxic people, especially in certain game such as, surprise surprise, Call of Duty. I actually saw a video once of some kind of competitive tournament where at least one side (I think it was focused on the one team more than the other) would constantly jump up and start talking **** to the other team across from them and try to act tough. And sadly, that kind of behavior isn't uncommon. Granted, CoD is pretty much the bottom of the cesspool with that kind of stuff, but pretty much all games have toxic players who will talk **** to you and go so far as to threaten you in some way. Hollow threats, obviously, but threats nonetheless.

Hell, I remember playing some MMO years and years ago where some guy told me he hopes my whole family dies of cancer on numerous occasions, lol.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » December 7, 2013 10:53am | Report
Well if gamers weren't at least a contender this would probably be more of a 'whining about YouTube' thread ;) Really it dials down to peoples personal experiences. I suppose another way of looking at it is that YouTube your mostly just watching, but when your gaming it affects your experience more. You can ignore the comments on YouTube, you can't always ignore other players.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » December 28, 2013 2:55am | Report
Youtube. Just Youtube. I cannot tell you the amount of times I have been razed with death threats for defending CoD, or playing Smite, or being threatened with death. Jesus, at least Smite doesn't have World War Pony going on 95% of the time. The most I've got in a game is a death threat and being called a "Latvian Bastard" (which is incorrect, though incredibly racist), while on Youtube I literally had a guy who gave me multiple death threats and also, the trolls who never go away. Grrrr. Man, I try to stay out of the comments for a reason you know.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }