Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Taking Break From Smite (Warning son)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Taking Break From Smite (Warning son) 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 8, 2013 7:31am | Report
I am taking a break from smite after today.
I might stop playing smite for good soon.

I am just going to take like a 1 week break from the game but I'll still check the forum.

Smite and the computer in general is wasting time/life.
Smite/computer along with sleep is secretly crushing dreams so I have to stop being a no life and go back to real life where I once had some ****ing dreams and goals.

On a serious note others should do the same unless you are young and have nothing to worry about, but even if your young you should still think like me on this one.
Games/computer really does F you over little by little, you think its not big deal but it really is when your not paying attention to what you are doing.

Many people I know in real life even think the same as me that being on games/computer starts to make you in a depressed mind state and gives up your goals/dreams. It ruins your sleep schedule ect. Not depressing as some suicidal **** but the game itself being played over and over, then you realizing wtf why have I been wasting all this time of my life playing this game called "smite" when I could be achieving real life goals/dreams or have something to work for?

This is why I am taking a break. None of you will admit it but some of you probably feel the same way in your own way, maybe not how I think but something is the same

When I was in 9th grade high school years ago when I was around age 14ish, my dream was to be a rapper (I'm 21 now)(sounds gay I know :D) but thats what I liked doing and me and my 1 friend who also rapped worked hard to becoming a rapper. I had so much dedication that I was failing grades because I would write raps instead of do work, I would skip class and sit in the hall writing raps, I would come home and write all day. I had literally GARBAGE BAGS full of paper.

My point is that when I got out of school and graduated real life comes, and slowly your dreams/goals will die. Video games only ****s up your dreams/goals worst, being on the computer all day makes you realize where the **** did my dreams go???

You say to yourself, my sleep pattern is already F'd up for today so I might as well stay up all day since I am already up, this messes up your dreams because you won't try to achieve goals since you are tired and don't want to do anything when you aren't even thinking clear.

Everyone has their own dreams, usually you start off actually believing and knowing you can achieve a certain dream., but when you see that you still haven't achieved your dream/goal it makes your dream die. When you play video games and sit on the computer all day your dreams start becoming less of a reality and you start questioning the same dreams you were working on.

That is why I am about to stop playing smite, I might sell my account since I have $160 worth of stuff on it at a later time when I feel ready to say bye bye.

To sum it up, working towards a dream is the best feeling especially if you know you are trying to achieve it, but when you realize that you are slowly letting your own dreams down thats what makes you depressing, whats depressing is when you see yourself not working towards a dream you once had, you still have that dream but the games, being on the computer and sleeping during the day ruins the time for your dream.

By me playing smite I am giving up and throwing away a possible chance to achieve what my dream is. People like me who dream hard "think" and thats all we do. Knowing that you CAN GET something you want if you try long enough is the thrill of obtaining your dream and making it a reality. Knowing that it will be unlikely but you still have a chance and your chances increase the longer and more effort you put into your dream.

I used to walk out a night time just because I like to walk, now I don't even do that
I used to write all day, now I don't even do that
I bought tons of stuff for my studio and I am letting it go to waste
If I was good at what I do than I am making it go to waste
I let my dream go to waste
But thats the thing, you are LETTING it happen and it can always be changed.
This eventually makes you feel not at your full YOU because you ain't trying to achieve the thing that makes you most happy but you are putting it aside saying "I'll do that later on or some other time" then you eventually never get to it.

I guess I am saying one should not let their dreams die, it sounds gay and stupid but you slowly lose whatever your dream was every time you play your video games, stay up late and browse the computer all day saying you will get to it later.

Thats why I am taking a break... I want my ****ing dreams back and the feeling I had when I used to be out and about rapping with tons of people. I used to have so much fun running the streets and hanging out with people to where everyone is working together on the same dream, thats the best part is when you know someone that has the same dream as you and you are working together to get to that dream.

For people that are younger, whatever dreams you have now or future dreams you have, don't fall down into this endless void and make sure you stick to what it is your working towards or want.

Trying your whole life to achieve a dream and failing is one thing
but letting your dream pass bye without trying and then looking back wondering if you really tried to achieve it could you? Will haunt you forever.

So lets put this into perspective, I wanted to be a rapper when I was about age 14 and I am 21 year old once it turns Decemeber 11th. That is 7 years but the last year I haven't really been working on my dream much any more to be a rapper because I thought oh I will get to it later. Well I worked for those 4 years in high school non stop to be the best rapper out of anyone I knew in school who could write. Then I got cocky and started thinking I can just take a break for a while because I am so much better than everyone I know that I can get back to it when I want. Well after I graduated high school I started slacking because I forgot WHY I wanted to be a rapper in the first place. I forgot what it felt like to even be proud of what you do any more of lacking to do it for an entire year or two strait. 1-2 years of a dream going to the drain after about 4 years of non stop work is unacceptable to think of.

If it means never touching a video game I will legit give it up, its getting to the point to where my WANT is a NEED, you wouldn't understand unless your older because you literally will start thinking "wtf have I been doing these past years" I can understand why fifty cent made his album get rich or die trying, I can understand why people made titles called the hunger for more.... because all humans think a like when they are at a certain point in their mind, and that get rich or die trying mentality is starting to slowly engrave to the point if I don't start seeing my dreams fulfilled I am going to have to die getting it... at any means possible

One day I will come back to this forum in the future and say "how do I look on tv"?
And you will all have to recall the day I made this post thinking "suuuuuurrree"

~ ONE

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 8, 2013 7:46am | Report
If it obstructs your life, then I agree that you should stop playing video games. However, as long as you properly moderate yourself, then there is no reason to go cold turkey. You can work, provide for your family, try new things such as foreign languages, and still have time to play games occasionally. When you find yourself placing video games at the front of the list is when there's a problem, not if they're on the list at all.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 8, 2013 8:11am | Report
Well that kind of is the problem... I have almost put my life on "freeze" as if I stopped time thinking I can just unstop time and go back to what I wanted to do. I don't even know why the hell I am playing the game at all and wasting time. I don't find it more enjoyable than recording music, going outside or walking at night time yet I continue to play it and repeat the cycle of getting nothing in return. You get a few hours of satisfaction just to return that with a few minutes of intense regret and realization of the day you just wasted.

I think its once you get stuck into a pattern you just tend to adapt to it and continue the cycle even if you don't want to, you just follow it just to follow it for no real reason or meaning behind it. Its almost like how people say I f'd up this much I might as well F up some more.

You get the point, its not messing up its just a pattern that you can get stuck in that does no good really and you just stay in it wasting time.

Step #1 - Take a full break from all games
Step #2 - Sit on my damn bed and think about all things that needs to be thought
Step #3 - Clean my room and entire damn house so I don't have this cluttered feeling and repeat the same old cycle (my room isn't dirty just unorganized) have things misplaced
Step #4 - take a damn bath so I feel as everything is brand new yep yep
Step #6 - Write Goal down and what you need to do to achieve it
Step #7 - get to work on it !!!
Step #8 - walks outside... this sounds mad gay as **** but I always like walking around at night just to be outside it clears my brain and makes me feel not cluttered and more free like I can do anything
Step #9 Get the crew back togetha son!

I used to have 2 people I rapped with, one just rapped and the other friend made beats/like a producer. Both have recently moved from where they been living at. My main friend who we both live in the same area, had to move about 1hr away (walking wise) so now I can't go hang out and do things as much, we used to do so much now it ****ed it up being I have to walk now to go hang out, and its snowing in december. My other friend moved a town away.

I guess I like the feeling of openness, friends around me, all doing the same stuff.
When you have all your friends moved away and start staying in the house because of it, it ruins things. 1hr away isn't that bad of a walk but still it used to be I could just walk 1 minute to record things now I have to accept walking time!

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 8, 2013 8:19am | Report
If you're having regret after playing, then you definitely should take a break. I don't see how you could possibly spend your free time doing something less enjoyable and less productive - if you prefer recording music and think it's a valid career path for you, get the hell off Smite and record, lol!

I have never had this feeling of regret from playing Smite because I make sure to place my education and job ahead of it. As I said before, if you prioritize your free time too much, then there's a problem. But at the same time, there's nothing wrong with however you spend free time, as long as it's not excessive.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 8, 2013 3:51pm | Report
Well. If you have a stable job that can supply your hobbies. You wouldn't need to worry to much about money. But if it's a dream or goal then it does need your full attention.

Good for you.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » December 9, 2013 2:39am | Report
Im not going to bother reading that entire library... anyway.

I am still young, I game ALOT.
a few of my irl friends are my friends because of gaming. LAN's are a frequent sosial event for our grade after I (trendsetter in some ways) started having small casual LANs with close friends.

I am one of the most sosial kids in our school and I participate in most things at school, while gaming.

I think this should only apply to SOME out there.

There are those who completely forget about the fact that there is such a thing as a life out there.

My dream is to become a MOBA game programmer. At best, I have started learning some basic coding and have completed some online tutorial. I have recently coded my first choose your own adventure style game (text base only atm) and rock paper scissors. Small steps but they all help.

I probably wont ever quit gaming since I don't want to go out and play rugby like all the other kids in this damn country.

No my question is... Do you think your rant still applies to someone like me? Should I stop gaming?

I have seen addiction and try to avoid playing 1 game for longer than a month. I own almost every MOBA out there on PC and I try to play 3 different games per day/session that I play.

My grades are double the average.

I just felt like sharing this and asking... Should I quit?

~Firefly --X-0
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 9, 2013 2:49am | Report
Don't ask ICEN for advice. Ever.

If that was as question to anyone, just look at my two replies.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 9, 2013 9:04pm | Report
I never said for people to stop playing?
I said don't let dreams die by losing focus from playing games because they are fun

Anyways I am currently not taking a break from smite because I have fixed the issue.
I spent 11 hours today writing and finished. This has put my mind frame back where it needs to be and I currently thing I took a poo poo on all the songs I ever did so far. Of course I have more than 11hours of writing to do, I have to write another 1 hour because its like school, I write raps in a ugly rough draft then I make a final version that has no scribbles, ect then goes into my folder.

I plan on playing smite after I re-write everything I wrote (which is annoying) you don't know how many times I wrote something trying to make it look perfect in pen then I realized I missed a word then it pisses me off because I have to either re-write it or say F it and keep it like that :D

So I will only be playing smite AFTER I do writing or when I am not writing. This balances things better. I wonder how long it takes a normal rapper to write a song, I always wondered because it takes me 11 hours for 1 chorus and 2 verses... I didn't even do the normal 3 verses.

I always assume that the nubs write 1 hour raps and think they are the best.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }