Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Does Korra Learn Metalbending? Legend of Korra Season 3

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Does Korra Learn Metalbending? Legend of Korra Season 3 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 17, 2014 4:25am | Report
I'm not sure how many of you follow Avatar and the new series and all, but I just found something I completely missed in the official trailer.

Play from 1:15 and you can pause at around 1:20 to see that it seems although Korra is metalbending :o. I've been watching these episodes like a fanatic and can't believe I missed that! What do you guys think?

Also, what do you think of the double episode premiere Nick is doing every week? Personally, I don't like it.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » July 17, 2014 4:54am | Report
would be awesome if she learnt all the advanced bending such as metal bending, magma bending and "sparky sparky boom man" bending

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 17, 2014 5:37am | Report
Mordo wrote:

would be awesome if she learnt all the advanced bending such as metal bending, magma bending and "sparky sparky boom man" bending

Well it's weird.

Earthbending has two extremes with metal bending and magma bending
Firebending has two extremes with lightning and boom boom technique
Water has two extremes with healing (I guess) and bloodbending
Air has one extreme with astral projection.

Although astral projection requires some spritual knowledge as well. And I guess if airbenders wanted to, they could just airbend the air out if your lungs instantaneously killing you. But, since they're peaceful I guess they can't do that. Except the fact Zaheer is out there.

I think its fine and all if Korra becomes a metalbender but I don't think she'll master any other extremes other than healing (she's done it before) and spiritual stuff.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » July 17, 2014 6:55am | Report
The whole Zaheer not being as pacifist as the other air benders does worry me, there are alot of nasty things you can do with air if you put your mind into it, sucking the air out of someone like you said, combine this with fire and you get an inferno.. who knows what the future will hold

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 17, 2014 11:13am | Report
Well what about sand bending? Does that count as an extreme of earthbending?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 17, 2014 11:40am | Report
Oh yeah, you're right M4xiimus

And I guess magma bending isn't an extreme for earth bending, since it's just a phase change. Like water bending can go through ice, water, and vapor/steam/fog

And waterbending has the spirit calm thingy

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » July 19, 2014 4:24pm | Report
I don't care about korra learning metal bending I would much rather see Bolin learn it, also Korra already learned it anyway and we saw more character development out of Bolin watching her learn it anyway :(

There is just never any character building with Korra did she learn anything from losing her Bending in season one NO, she just cried and Aang showed up to fix the day there could have been a lot of character development there but there wasn't. Did she learn anything from learning how to metal bend no she just started doing it.

I'm beginning to think she is just the biggest MacGuffin of all time.

I love Korra for everything but Korra
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 19, 2014 5:51pm | Report

I don't care about korra learning metal bending I would much rather see Bolin learn it, also Korra already learned it anyway and we saw more character development out of Bolin watching her learn it anyway :(

There is just never any character building with Korra did she learn anything from losing her Bending in season one NO, she just cried and Aang showed up to fix the day there could have been a lot of character development there but there wasn't. Did she learn anything from learning how to metal bend no she just started doing it.

I'm beginning to think she is just the biggest MacGuffin of all time.

I love Korra for everything but Korra

So yeah, this was posted before the episode came out, but I guessed it. HA! I'm not sure I like the pacing of Korra. We need more episodes like Tales of Ba Sing Se, appa's lost days, cave of two lovers, etc. Nick is rushing this series with double episodes a week and less episodes in each season.

SPOILERS BECAREFUL

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » July 19, 2014 9:09pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

So yeah, this was posted before the episode came out, but I guessed it. HA! I'm not sure I like the pacing of Korra. We need more episodes like Tales of Ba Sing Se, appa's lost days, cave of two lovers, etc. Nick is rushing this series with double episodes a week and less episodes in each season.

SPOILERS BECAREFUL

Yeah the pacing is very fast and as I said in the other Korra thread, in episode three we find out the earth queen is harboring Airbenders to use in her army. While Bolin and Mako get stuck in the lower ring with zero cash, no passports, or anything to help them get back to the upper ring. It took Aang almost half a season to find Appa, but it took Mako and Bolin 30 seconds to get out of the slums and back to the upper ring and then they saved the Airbenders the same episode. It's so rushed it's not even funny.

And back to Korra when she learned metal bending that could have been a time to learn more about her but instead we learn more about Bolin, "Guess you're that one out of a hundred" "I have been trying to learn metal bending ever since I heard about Toph" we see his struggle and his short comings as an earth bender, think about it. His brother can sub-bend fire into Lightning, and Bolin is a talented earth bender at best but by no means is he a master or a prodigy. Bolin wants to be the best he can be but he is embarrassed of his failures and has doubts that he will ever be able to do it. I just wish Korra had more character to her because to me everything she ends up doing is just a Macguffin to explain more about the Avatar universe and the other characters

Same goes for Tenzin when it comes to Korra's stubbornness it has done way more for Tenzin's character to evolve and grow over the seasons. We have seen more way more growth, want's, ambitions strengths and weaknesses for Tenzin's character then we have seen for Korra. Think about when Tenzin's wife explains to him about the new airbender's failing and wanting to go home she said something along the lines as that "they need more time as air-benders before they start feeling like Nomads" and Tenzin's reply's was "Now I know how Korra feel's when I talk to her" Korra's stubbornness has done far more for Tenzin's story/character then it ever has for her

And now about the spoiler that you posted I really hope that
Spoiler: Click to view

I know I'm dissing the character of Korra a lot and I kinda went of on a tangent about Korra, but it's still my favorite series of all time and I can't wait for the next episode
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }