Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite Headed to Latin America

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Smite Headed to Latin America 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Alan LaFleur » June 5, 2014 2:55pm | Report

Hi-Rez Studios announced today that they have partnered with Level Up to bring Smite to Brazil and Spanish-speaking Latin America. Level Up brought innovative content from Asia, Europe and the US to Latin America. They have partnerships with Gravity, Nexon, Perfect World, and Crytek to publish games in the region.

“We are thrilled to bring SMITE’s unique action gameplay to this growing and vibrant market,” said Todd Harris, Chief Operating Officer of Hi-Rez Studios. “And we are especially excited to partner with Level Up, whose local presence and expertise in Latin America allow us to offer the best possible experience to our players in these countries.”

Players from the Latin America region already playing on the North American or European servers will have the option to switch to the new servers once the localization is complete. The transfer will include Gods, skins, XP, favor, gems, and mastery levels.

Along with the partnership was the unveiling that the top team from Brazil and the top team from Spanish-speaking Latin America will join North America, Europe, and China for the World Championship in January 2015.

“The Latin American players are extremely competitive, and SMITE brings such a thrilling and refined level of competitiveness that fits our tastes. That’s why the game has already proven very popular within our market” said Julio Vieitez, CEO of Level Up. “With local, dedicated servers and support in both Spanish-speaking Latin America and Brazil, we believe SMITE will be a leading game, for professional gamers and casual players both, in Latin America.”

Timelines for the Latin American and Brazilian beta of SMITE will be announced later this year.

What do you think about the strategic partnership between Hi-Rez and Level Up? Will you be playing on the Latin American server when it is launched?

Alan LaFleur

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » June 5, 2014 3:42pm | Report
1. HiRez could find someone superior to Level Up games, because this company sucks ***. Their published games are full of hackers, pay-to-win thingies and stuff.

2. Nope. I'll remain on NA.

k bai.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by vitorjpc10 » June 9, 2014 6:13pm | Report
Agreed, also if they actually open servers in south america make me a favor. Allow players to stay in NA as well as NA players in South America.

Level Up has the worst hosting in games I ever seen in my life !!!

vitorjpc10

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 10, 2014 7:35am | Report
well I don't know level up but sounds a lot like gameforge here in europe

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » June 10, 2014 12:41pm | Report
I hope these servers will be ready soon, I am eager to see NA clear of every player who won't speak freaking Enlish in favour to Spanish/ Portuguese, no offense.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » June 10, 2014 4:00pm | Report
Romanians wrote:

I hope these servers will be ready soon, I am eager to see NA clear of every player who won't speak freaking Enlish in favour to Spanish/ Portuguese, no offense.

Hey, you were less offensive about it than I was so you should be good.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }