Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITE arriving soon on the Xbox One

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SMITE arriving soon on the Xbox One 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 12, 2014 11:03pm | Report

Microsoft and Hi-Rez Studios to make Xbox One the next Battleground of the Gods.

COLOGNE, Germany, AUGUST 12, 2014. Today during the gamescom 2014 Xbox news briefing, Hi­-Rez Studios announced that SMITE, the acclaimed free-to-play 3rd Person Action MOBA for the PC, will arrive on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program in 2015.

"SMITE's high-action gameplay makes it unique among leading MOBAs in that it is incredibly fun and engaging to play on a console controller," said Todd Harris, Chief Operating Officer of Hi-Rez Studios. "The Xbox One provides the perfect platform for us to bring the Battleground of the Gods to console gamers around the world."

"As a third-person action game, SMITE is perfectly suited for the Xbox One controller", said Chris Charla, Director of ID@Xbox for Microsoft. We're excited to feature a MOBA that fits our console audience in gameplay and look forward to Xbox gamers around the globe battling for dominance."

Since launching on the PC in Europe and North America in March, 2014, SMITE has quickly established itself as one of the top games in the rapidly growing MOBA genre, with over 5 million players. Themed around gods of mythology, and offering a third-person camera and more game modes than any other leading game in its genre, the game provides a unique, action-packed experience that puts the player in the thick of the action.

About SMITE

SMITE is the online Battleground of the Gods, a mythology-themed action game for the PC and, soon, Xbox One.

About Hi-Rez Studios

Atlanta-based Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment, and is now one of the largest video game studios in the southeast United States. Its games include the squad-based shooter Global Agenda, the critically acclaimed Tribes: Ascend, and SMITE, the Battleground of the Gods.

For more information, visit www.hirezstudios.com or contact [email protected].

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ChocoZero » August 20, 2014 9:08am | Report
Cool, idk about the controls yet though :P

ChocoZero

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 20, 2014 9:52am | Report
ChocoZero wrote:

Cool, idk about the controls yet though :P

Many people already use controllers for SMITE. Just buying items is impossible, which would probably be coded a button = i. And then up/down analog stick will select items.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » August 24, 2014 11:34pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

Many people already use controllers for SMITE. Just buying items is impossible, which would probably be coded a button = i. And then up/down analog stick will select items.

Voice commands it's the way of the future. *waves hand though the air like a Jedi* I just assume they will have the Kinect involved with this

But really I am so glad I will never buy an XBoxOne because I would never want to flap my arms around like an idiot just to buy a pair of Midas Boots while playing Smite.
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 25, 2014 12:10am | Report
I honestly don't think they're going to have voice commands but in-game conferences because you can't really type, can you?

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » August 29, 2014 11:19am | Report
Could someone buy me an XBOX though? K cool thx
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }