Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hi-Rez Studios Introducing New Arena Game Mode

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Hi-Rez Studios Introducing New Arena Game Mode 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » November 1, 2012 4:10pm | Report
ATLANTA. November 1, 2012. Hi-Rez Studios, independent developer of AAA free-to-play online games, today announced that the action MOBA game SMITE will get an additional game mode with the next patch.

The new mode, called Arena, is a very action-oriented, team death match and takes place on a brand new map with a Colosseum setting.

Arena is played 5 versus 5 with minions and side-objectives including buff camps and Gryphon Guardians. But rather than a single end objective, in Arena your team earns points for killing enemy players and minions with the first team to deduct 500 points from their opponents being crowned the winner.

"SMITE is all about action combat," says Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer Todd Harris. "So we wanted an additional game type that allows players to get into the action even faster. One of our level designers took the initiative to put together this more open Colosseum map concept on his own time. We've enjoyed playing it so much that the team has worked overtime to get the new mode quickly into the hands of our Beta community and we look forward to their feedback"

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by [deleted] » November 1, 2012 9:23pm | Report
This looks awesome! And very appropriate for the story and such as well. ^^

[deleted]

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LeetShadow » November 1, 2012 11:59pm | Report
Well, I guess I'll have to take down my blog post now >.<

LeetShadow

Remarkable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShadowDragon627 » November 2, 2012 12:21am | Report
Can't wait to test it out!!

ShadowDragon627

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » November 2, 2012 2:23pm | Report
LeetShadow wrote:

Well, I guess I'll have to take down my blog post now >.<

It's fine to leave it up! Haha. Some people might check blogs that don't check the news section. :)

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mike » November 4, 2012 8:04am | Report
This mode is AWESOME!! I don't think I can really play the normal mode again after this one. This mode is just so much more calm and casual and I'm glad I'm not getting yelled at every 5 seconds like I would be when I play Conquest.

Mike

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 17, 2012 10:44pm | Report
I know it's a bit too early to judge, but thank god it didn't end up like dominion from LoL. Dominion took 8 months to develop or something like that, and look how big of a flop it was.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jovy » November 23, 2012 3:04pm | Report
I actually prefer it to the normal games atm

Jovy

Notable (3)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }