Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Athena Patch Notes 06/04/2013

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Athena Patch Notes 06/04/2013 56 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » June 4, 2013 4:49pm | Report

Meet Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom

by Hirez Maria | Jun 05, 2013

New God:

Athena!

Reach (Passive)

After using any ability, Athena's next basic attack is a ranged attack, hitting all enemies it passes through, and dealing additional magic damage. Damage: Basic Attack (+50% of your magical power).

Preemptive Strike
Athena powers up for a dash. While dashing, Athena will pass through minions and stop and hit the first enemy god she encounters, dealing damage and slowing all she hits. If she hits an enemy, Athena gains one stack of Block (max 3), absorbing the next basic attack from any god that hits her. Damage: 80/13/180/230/280 (+50% of your magical power). Slow Amount: 25%. Slow Duration: 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0/2.25s. Cost: 60/70/80/90/100. Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11s.

Confound
Athena releases a shockwave of power from her shield, taunting enemy gods, and forcing them to fight or chase her. Taunt Duration: 1.0/1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0s. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 18s.

Shield Wall

Athena summons a group of Athenian warriors who do damage upon arrival, and after 2s strike for additional damage. Initial Damage: 40/75/110/145/180 (+50% of your magical power). Secondary Damage: 80/150/220/290/360 (+50% of your magical power). Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 14s.

Defender of Olympus
Athena picks a single allied god anywhere in the world, and launches herself up into the air, landing next to that god 4.2 seconds later. During that 4.2 seconds, the allied god mitigates 50% of the damage it's taken. Enemies nearby when Athena lands take damage. Damage: 350/500/650/800/950 (+100% of your magical power). Allied mitigation: 50%. Cost: 80/90/100/110/120. Cooldown: 90s.

New Skins:

• High Counselor Athena
  • Golden Poseidon

New Voice Packs:

• Athena
  • Cupid
  • Ne Zha

General:

• The free god rotation has been changed to Anhur, Anubis, Ao Kuang, Sobek and Thor
  • You may now view your Friends Stats and Clan Members from the the STATS | PLAYER PROFILE page.
  • Further improvements to the Stats feature are planned for future releases.
  • Fixed several issues with the AI for jungle creeps.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing the Play screen to populate oddly in some cases.
  • Fixed an issue in which Artemis' death FX were black.
  • Fixed several FX bugs.
  • Fixed an issue with Thor's wall pushing out targets the wrong direction.
  • Fixed an issue with Bacchus Chug when cc'd it would not cost him mana or cooldown.
  • Fixed an issue with Bakasura eating minions and not getting effects.
  • Fixed an issue with Bastet pounce and cc immunity.
  • Fixed an issue with Isis Spirit Ball interrupted and auto firing next time.
  • Fixed an issue with leaps and stuns on start up.
  • Fixed an issue with Character Builder and using default items where they would be purchased out of order (backwards).
  • Fixed an issue with Party invites not showing while the in game web browser is open.
  • Fixed an issue with Vamana Colossal Fury where he was unable to cancel once he entered extended duration when hit by a god.

Spectator Changes

The camera now snaps, rather than blends, to a new view target when viewing in 3rd person mode.

Items:

Bumba's Mask - Fixed several bugs.

Gods

[/list] [/columns]
Belly Flop
  • The amount of time between Bacchus jumping into the air and landing on the ground has been increased approximately 30%.
Blight
  • The FX that play on blighted enemies are more prominent.
Spirit Ball
  • The time delay before the earliest detonation has been decreased from .2s to .1s, allowing Isis to detonate it earlier than she had before.
Flaming Spear
  • Reduced bonus attack speed from 15/25/35/45/55% to 15/20/25/30/35%
Celestial Beam
  • The time between casting and the beam appearing and dealing damage has been reduced by approximately 40%.
    Divine Light
    • The time for the slow ramping up and detonation has been reduced from 3s to 2s. This allows for faster building up of the slow stacks and a quicker damage application than before.

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ReeledSkye » June 4, 2013 5:27pm | Report
If these patch notes are correct then athena's ultimate is going to be ridiculous.

ReeledSkye

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » June 4, 2013 6:29pm | Report
I'm already predicting Athena to be a top-tier pick just for the utility provided by her ultimate alone.

Those power scalings on her abilities are also pretty damn impressive for a tank too, could be a strong bruiser.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » June 4, 2013 6:33pm | Report
Sunfall wrote:

I'm already predicting Athena to be a top-tier pick just for the utility provided by her ultimate alone.

Those power scalings on her abilities are also pretty damn impressive for a tank too, could be a strong bruiser.

I was hoping she would have potential for a magical bruiser :)

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kraziub » June 4, 2013 8:18pm | Report
God reveal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGmnS14KHmI
Click the sig to find my Sun Wukong guide.

Kraziub

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 4, 2013 10:24pm | Report
I hate that Bacchus change already :(

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » June 4, 2013 10:28pm | Report
Im not bacchus is a pain in the as to lane against and probs still will be even after the nerf :p

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 4, 2013 10:34pm | Report
HollowsEdge wrote:

Im not bacchus is a pain in the as to lane against and probs still will be even after the nerf :p

I agree, but this wasn't the nerf he needed

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kraziub » June 4, 2013 10:39pm | Report

I agree, but this wasn't the nerf he needed
imo he should've gotten either the bonuses on his passive nerfed a bit or belch of the gods stun for less time.
Click the sig to find my Sun Wukong guide.

Kraziub

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 4, 2013 10:44pm | Report
Kraziub wrote:

imo he should've gotten either the bonuses on his passive nerfed a bit or belch of the gods stun for less time.

If I think about it I don't even think he needs any nerf, Ymir and Sobek are much more powerfull than him, because Bacchus' manaproblems there is only so much he can do. Ymir is straight up S tier and he NEVER got a single change, and Sobek can help his carry get fed in the first 5 mins already. Bacchus might be the most irritating tank to play against, but I don't think he is the one who is the most powerfull and everyone's favorite *stares at Ymir* Bacchus isn't even played as much as the other 2

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }