Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Trying to learn how to play conquest effectively

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Trying to learn how to play conquest effectively 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerrigan » February 12, 2015 6:42am | Report
I've been playing since Beta, and I have a good grasp on how to actually play with gods, but my issue is I just have no concept of how to play conquest. I don't know when to rotate, when to push objectives, when to stay in lane or when to leave, and very specifically, I am a TERRIBLE jungler. I usually play ADC (Chronos mainly) or support, but I've played every role to some extent. Lately I've been trying to jungle and failing.

Anyone out there want to play some games with me to give me an idea on how to actually play a conquest game? General tips for all roles and lanes are great, but eventually I would like some tips on jungling since I tend to fail at it so terribly.

Zerrigan

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryansalt » February 18, 2015 5:53pm | Report
This is late but you can feel free to add me (Ryansalt) and I will try to help! I generally play with friends but if i'm ever just on alone then I can help! I'm not professional or anything but I consider myself to be relatively competent.

As for advice that I can give through text:

Objectives - Generally you want to push objectives when one or two of the enemy team is down AND you have good ward coverage of the surrounding area. If the enemy team doesn't have Wrath of the Gods then you can relax a bit but not too much!

Gold Fury - You should probably start to look for the Gold fury at about the 15 minute mark but don't push it too hard, keep it warded and contest if they try to get it (sentry wards will let you destroy their wards so use this!) It is also mainly the job of the support and hunter to handle the gold fury (that is why they start on the long side (partially)) but the jungler can help if necessary.

Mid Camps - You only have to worry about these if you are either: Mid, Jungle or support. They spawn at 3 minutes and give a large gold and xp boost. The mid laner should ideally attempt to to get them with the help of the support (on long side) and jungler (on short side) but if the duo lane is losing (pushed back) then the support might not feel it worthwhile so ask if you are the mid laner or tell them if you are the support. As a jungler, no excuse - help your midlane get that mid camp!

Fire Giant - The biggie. This mofo can win or lose you a game. Generally you want your entire team (At least 3 people) there unless you are anubis, he is special! You absoluted NEED to have somebody with wrath of the gods up to take this comfortably and again a sentry ward will help. This buff should be taken under a few different circumstances :

1: You win a teamfight and cannot win the game because of the towers etc. You should get to the fire giant if 3 or more of their team is down (including their Wrath carriers!) so they cannot contest it well.
2: You are really far ahead but cannot quite bring them down. So you have every lane pushed to phoenix and one phoenix down but they are all tower camping - you go to fire giant and ward the route so that they can't sneak up on you. You take the buff and now you are in a position to go on to win.
3:You are anubis. You get to level 20 and full(ish) build. You walk up to the firegiant and you put your hands down, ultimate it and use your swarm of locusts if necessary. 3 second firegiant! (This is assuming you build a lot of power - keep a support with you just in case!

I plan on answering the rest but i'm posting this just in case!!!

Ryansalt

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryansalt » February 18, 2015 5:57pm | Report
Lane - To stay or not to stay

For the purpose of this the towers are T2 (Furthest away). T1(middle) and P (Phoenix)

T2 - If you manage to take your T2 lane tower then you are now free to rotate a lot more freely! You push the lane up beyond mid way and try to get it to tower, you then go for a mooch and help other people.

T1 - If you manage to take your T1 lane tower (assuming they didn't get yours too) then well done, you won lane! This means you are more or less free to do as you please, push the minions everyone once in a while (passing by teammates should help, if they are good) Try not to become careless and let their mid lane catch up though

P - Yeah, if you get phoenix then you are doing great, apply a lot of pressure to other lanes or group up and go for the win if you think you can!

Important notes:

For every tower and phoenix left standing the titan gains additional protections! So taking down more towers and phoenixes helps you to win!

Ryansalt

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryansalt » February 18, 2015 6:04pm | Report
Rotations

Rotations are the absolute single most important thing in conquest games! You can be atrocious but if you rotate well then your team wins!

If you notice a nearby lane (Mid if you are in solo/duo and either solo/duo if you are mid) getting pressured by multiple enemies and you don't have anyone in your lane then push the lane (Clear minions) and get over there pronto! Otherwise they can tower dive and secure a kill! Always take safe(Your side of the map) routes (preferably warded) because they will give you less chance of running into someone. The support and jungler in particular have to be rotating to any lane that is in trouble as quickly as possible. In general solo lane just sticks to their lane until about 15-20 minutes so don't expect them to rotate too much unless you get ahead.

Below # refers to the word 'number'
The most important thing here is to call if your lane leaves! VFF (Enemy missing) or VF# (1 = left, 2= mid, 3=right) lets people know that they have to be careful. If you hear this call from an adjacent laner and you don't have ward coverage then back the **** up :P

Another good command (Sorry if im being patronising, im covering everything!) is VI# (same order ^^) which is enemy incoming ______ and should be used if you know where an enemy is headed.

TL;DR Rotate when your lane is safe and another lane isn't

Ryansalt

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryansalt » February 18, 2015 6:21pm | Report
Jungle - Oh sweet jungle

Now I am NOT the best jungler in the world so maybe people will me that I am wrong but ....

The jungler has a few crucial roles, namely:

Help cover/pushing lanes when requested by a teammate
Putting pressure on enemies with ganks
Killing buffs for teammates and telling them to pick said buffs up
Counterjungles keeping enemies from getting buffs (Kill their buffs)
Keeping the team aware of enemy positions using their own vision, and putting down wards. (If your jungler doesn't ward then ask him to, he should!!)

Starting the game:

Mid furies no longer spawn at the start of the game so you start by either grabbing the speed buff or the damage buff for yourself with the help of a teammate. This depends on the god you play - Bakasura for example takes speed buff and hun batz takes damage buff .. learn your god.

So let's assume you start with speed buff. This spawns on the solo lane of the map and is probably the buff you will get to start. Your solo laner helps you to grab the speed buff and you, in turn, help him to get his mana buff. The mid laner will get the damage buff with the duo lane so that it isn't just wasted. If you want damage buff then reverse this.

So what now?

Now you sit in your solo lane until you hit level 5 or until about 2:50 then head over to mid furies to get their at the 3 minute mark and help your mid laner get the solo lane mid camp. Immediately after go to the speed buff and kill it, refreshing your buff. Head over to the mana buff and help your solo laner to kill that. Now you turn back on yourself and kill the xp camp on your side of the map and proceed across mid lane to the other xp camp, kill it. You head to damage buff and kill that, telling your mid laner to pick that up. Finally you should head over to the purple buff and kill that with the support and tell the hunter to pick it up. If your support didn't get the mid camp with the mid laner then check if it is there, if it is then get the mid laner to help you kill it. ---- I'm not sure if my jungle order is correct here, don't trust me 100% if somebody disagrees, they're probably right!

From now on you try and keep all of the buffs down in the same rotation and keep handing them to your teammates! Whenever all the buffs are down (or if an enemy gets brave) then feel free to gank a lane!

A gank is when you attack somebody who is pushing up far away from behind and try to kill them or force them to recall. Don't do it without asking your laner first! A bad gank doesn't help anyone! The command is VG#(Gank____ lane) (maybe following with VVP - 'please?') .. if they say No (VVN) then don't! If they say 'Yes' (VVY) then do .. if they say VVW (Wait) then urm.. wait :D

As I say i'm not a great jungler but this is about how much I can help. .. Try watching Lassiz stream! He is a great jungler

Most importantly!!! Have Fun!! Smite is a game so it should be fun :D

Hope this helps, bye!!!

Ryansalt

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 19, 2015 12:13pm | Report
c-c-c-c-c-c-c-combobreaker. You know you could have used spoilers do you

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }