Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Support Guardian help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Support Guardian help 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaishinamon » December 14, 2013 8:51am | Report
I main support Guardian, i always call tank duo/long lane at the beginning, i keep finding that at the start either pre chat or beginning of the game the mid laner role, wants to go duo lane and i find myself left in mid or solo alone to fill the gap.

I often see them fail and as a tank build i can't contest alone so we lose long lane and mid really early.

So what do i do? I need to build tanky for the team in later team fights, but i can't push a wave off my tower without taking pokes pushing me really far behind in terms of exp and gold due to returning to base. If they have a good jungler i find i am taking more damage when they decide to try and kill me.

Is solo tank build viable? Do i build damage and forsake the tank role? Or do i try and ride it out and hope for the best? Or something else? I'm finding myself solo too often and i just don't know what to do.

Kaishinamon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 14, 2013 9:20am | Report
You can't solo as a tank; most solo-ers get a few damage items, but then you're not really a tank, right?

I don't understand your last statement. Are you forced to pick solo lane, does your lane partner die, making you solo, or what?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaishinamon » December 14, 2013 9:33am | Report
Mid lane or solo lane decide they want to use their god in duo lane at the start, so instead of 3 of us being in the long lane, because the mid and solo don't want to leave i have to go mid or solo. I don't go there by choice i am left there.

Kaishinamon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » December 14, 2013 9:36am | Report
I've NEVER seen that problem before... I suggest making a friend or two in-game, then partying with them, so this problem is literally solved at its roots.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaishinamon » December 14, 2013 9:45am | Report
I guess thats one way to resolve it, it seems to happen to me once every 4 games, its quiet common for me.

My last game, we had me on Athena, Thor duo lane, Bakasura jungle, He Bo mid, Hel solo. When we all locked in He Bo said hes going duo with Thor and i should go mid or solo, they (thor and He Bo)said He Bo isn't a mid god (Athena is?) luckily an enemy left during the picking stage and we didn't play, but i frequently get this.

I guess i'll wait till the last moment to lock in, if i find i'm going solo then i'll switch to a solo god and we will have to do with no tank.

Kaishinamon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 14, 2013 11:57am | Report
Eh, it *can* work, it just requires a bit of..finesse. My first conquest ever in the game, I went duo lane with my friend as Poseidon and Ao Kuang, respectively, facing the old Guan Yu and Apollo. By playing safely, and waiting until 5, we got into late laning phase without a death and could nuke the apollo whenever I caught him in a whirlpool. So sometimes mages CAN be viable in the side lanes. It's not nearly as viable, but if people are stubborn on it, you really don't have a choice.

But onto what the mid should do. There's, in my opinion, only three tanks viable in mid lane: Hades, Athena, and Ymir, in that respective order of power.

Get CDR Boots instead of reinforced greaves, and pick up a polynomicon with voidstone. Past that, you should be able to build tanky and not do that horribly. Your main downfall is mana, as you're doing to have to use your dash through the minion wave, turn around, and auto attack through the minion wave, to effectively clear. But *NEVER* underestimate early game athena's damage. If they have an Ao Kuang or Anubis, bully him heavily with the 1+3+2+Reproc-of-3 combo.

So yes, you ARE going to have to build a bit of damage to stay relevant, but it is worth it in the end, for since you're forced into the mid lane from a mage being in long lane, you want to win the lane. You'll still be useful late game, as long as the short lane does even remotely well. As athena, try to give the long lane some ganks whenever possible - a mage with a support being ganked pretty much guarantees a kill.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }