Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Support Gods

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Support Gods 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shyzer » December 23, 2013 10:15pm | Report
Fore-note: I'm not exactly a "new" player, but I figured this thread fits more in the "New Player Help" sections rather than the one for general information.

Hi,

I've been playing a wide variety of games (and genres) for a long amount of time and one thing that I've kept consistent is my affinity for support roles. I have played Athena, Hel, and Aphrodite, but I want to broaden my options.

So, what gods can fulfill a 'support' role?

I almost exclusively play Arena casually, with a little bit of conquest on the side, and I'm just wondering what gods can do support. If it helps eliminating variables, I'm level 27 and consider myself well-adapting and competent. I know this isn't LoL, but I'd really like to play support in a similar fashion. And if it helps even more, I haven't touched LoL at all, I'm just familiar with the game.

And another note: Tank gods don't really fit my perspective as "support"

Thank you!

Shyzer

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » December 23, 2013 10:46pm | Report
I was about to say "all tanks" or something, until I read the end. :P
Anyway, for support classes, I suggest Eset and Chang'e (in addition to what you already listed).
Isis has really nice support because of her stuns ( Spirit Ball) and her slow+silence+protection steal ( Dispel Magic). Her ult can turn a whole teamfight around with its healing and damaging.
With Chang'e, she has decent heals, crazy sustain, and the best support ult in the game. (Dat five second stun)

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 23, 2013 11:14pm | Report
Firraria wrote:

I was about to say "all tanks" or something, until I read the end. :P
Anyway, for support classes, I suggest Eset and Chang'e (in addition to what you already listed).
Isis has really nice support because of her stuns ( Spirit Ball) and her slow+silence+protection steal ( Dispel Magic). Her ult can turn a whole teamfight around with its healing and damaging.
With Chang'e, she has decent heals, crazy sustain, and the best support ult in the game. (Dat five second stun)

Well, there trying to take Chang'e out of support and into the Mage game. Isis is a strong champ who could support, but isn't really a support. And since your play mostly Arena, a support isn't really necessary. But if you have to have one for arena try tanks even though you don't consider them support. Or I recommend Eset she is really powerful with her CC.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HerdOfTurtles » December 26, 2013 10:00am | Report
I would recommend Isis sense you said you play Arena. Her passive is great in Arena sense people are dying left and right with you basically seeing all of them.

HerdOfTurtles

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by 3laze » December 13, 2014 6:25am | Report
I have learned that according to Smite community only Ymir is support,so idk...

Using my own mind,Change(since shes basicly Sona),Sylvanus(can build a tank or a mage),Guan Yu(healing tank),Nu Wa,even Ra and Cupid but thats me.

3laze

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » December 13, 2014 7:18am | Report
Well, supports main job is to CC (crowd control) the enemy team so your team can shred them. So everybody with good bunch of CC can work as a support if built tanky (that is important because your 2nd job is taking damage). Also gods with heal work as support but I prefer most of them in solo/mid (because their healing scales with magical power, and as a support you won't have much).

Just try every "Guardian" except Hades and maybe Cabrakan. They are more of "magical warriors" then supports. Also you can try Odin,Hercules,Sun Wukong. They are great if you love doing damage but still being tanky. If you love that try Ares for sure. If you have any more questions I will gladly help you

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 13, 2014 7:32am | Report
..... Can anyone read the date?....... But i wonder why no one said Aphrodite

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 13, 2014 7:37am | Report
Its never to late to necro
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » December 13, 2014 7:56am | Report
oops. My bad :D Sorry guys

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 13, 2014 2:58pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

..... Can anyone read the date?....... But i wonder why no one said Aphrodite

see Op and damn almost 1 year lolz

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }