Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Some help choosing a jungler to learn

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Some help choosing a jungler to learn 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Halcyon66 » August 4, 2014 4:09am | Report
Hi, I'm a pretty new player and I've been playing mostly the Hunter ADC role (started off with AMC and now am enjoying Rama). I need a bit of help with choosing which jungler to spend my favour on next time I get enough to buy another god. I'm currently stuck on whether to choose Bastet or Hun Batz.

What I've concluded so far: (correct me if I'm wrong)
- Both seem to be strong junglers, though Bastet seems faster in terms of early game clear time.
- Hun Batz is very strong throughout the game because of his ult and his passive.
- Bastet has Insane 1v1 and mid teamfight pickoff potential.
- Bastet seems to also be more flexible in terms of role as she can be played mid as well due to her strong harrass and strong push with her ult.

What I'm not sure about:
- What's Bastet like lategame? Is she still relevant or does she drop off?
- When playing Hun Batz is he so ult dependent that you're pretty much just waiting for your ult and then doing something?
- In general is Bastet that useful in a teamfight or is she pure pickoff?

Also if any of you vets have some experience with them, who would you say is subjectively more fun to play?

Thanks a lot
Some Scrub

Halcyon66

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » August 4, 2014 4:39am | Report
Bastet's late game falls off a tiny bit, but it's still viable. It's no way near Arachne's or Thanatos', but it's not as strong as Hun Batz's. To put a little bit more emphasis, her late game would be 6/10, where as Hun's would be around 7.5/10.

Hun Batz is ultimate reliant, but it doesn't mean he can gank or fight without it. The 50% slow on Somersault could be used to set up abilities when ganking, and his burst damage can just skyrocket beyond the very early game. With his passive and his basic abilities, his burst damage is amazing. Just follow up every ability with an auto attack and then immediately cast another ability. AA > Ability > AA > Ability etc.

Bastet is useful in team fights to initiate, be a distraction and bruise. This is done with her Pounce. You jump in, apply the bleed, slow, auto attack a little bit if you can, and then jump back, or stay, depending on the situation. What I can say is that she is a very good clean-up-er. You can wait for the team fight to begin, and engage just after every has burned most of their abilities and ultimates, and then clean up.

I am quite bias, but I have to say that Hun Batz is more fun, in my eyes. I have played a lot with him and a few games with Bastet, and I like the monkey better. His kit's flow just feels better. Though, most members around here will tell you that Bastet is more fun, because she is their waifu.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jthamind » August 5, 2014 6:48am | Report
i just watched this Top 5 Assassins video and thought it was pretty interesting. maybe it can help you make your decision:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTZHbHRJzI

jthamind

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Halcyon66 » August 5, 2014 5:37pm | Report
Thanks a lot to both of you for your input, have some rep :)

BTW Jordenito you have a quality Hun Batz guide there.

Halcyon66

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 6, 2014 10:52am | Report
I would say choose one depending on how fun you found them when you had played them (If you have). Myself do I recommend hun batz. He is more team oriented and is really helpful in teamfight (and safer because most of his abilities reach a bit further then bastet's. And because he can teleport in AA then use it's 2 aa maybe use it's ult aa and then jump out again)

Oh and he isn't really a walking ultimate. but in teamfights that ult is a game changer

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }