Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Numbers and formulas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Numbers and formulas 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by yra111 » August 19, 2013 7:18pm | Report
Is here info about ingame numbers and how they calculated?
for example:
1.Whach will be simple basic hand attack damage of mage if he had MagPower=100 ?
2.How calculated protection reduce of damage?if i got 100 dmg vs 20 protection, how many dmg will be inflicted?
3.whach is stats (damage.att speed,HP.Mag and phys protections) of minions,towers etc?How they are change upon gametime and gametype?
4. how inflicted att sped? 3 vs 1.5 in 2times faster ?
5.order of inflict some buffs/debuffs(example - wanguard make -5 dmg after damage is reduced by protects?)
5.how the auras stacks?
6.debufs affect only base stats , or fully upgraded stats ?(example: Phys power=100 base +100 foritems, auras,etc=200 , if enemy affect him with -25%PhyPower he got 150 Phys power or 175?)

yra111

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 19, 2013 7:20pm | Report
All I know is Basic Damage = Magic Power x .35
Debuffs affect all stats.
Auras always stack, but dual auras have no double effect. That is, for example, you can't be affected by 2 Soul Eaters at once, hence why you should always have only 1 of an aura per team.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by yra111 » August 20, 2013 2:27am | Report
2 different items`s auras both give u MP5 , they will stack?

yra111

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 20, 2013 3:52am | Report
yra111 wrote:

2 different items`s auras both give u MP5 , they will stack?

no they won't.

2 aura items can stack but the same aura items can't.

i can have Bracer's of Replenisment's and Soveregnty's effect on me but not 2 bracer effect's on me.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by yra111 » August 20, 2013 4:07pm | Report
example: u had gem of isolation(+25% slow when hit enemy by ability) and use skill which slows enrmy by 50% .So then enemy got 75% slow ?

yra111

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by yra111 » August 20, 2013 4:28pm | Report
Basic Damage = Magic Power x .35

not only this coz at beginnig, when u had Mpower and Ppower =0 yuors attack more then 0.

also when i add item with 20Mpower(80 to 100) my basic attack to mobs rise from 42 to 44

yra111

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aidiakapi » August 24, 2013 8:11am | Report
Your questions:
1. What will the basic attack damage be of a mage that has 100 MP?
50, see the bottom of the post for the maths behind it

2. How do protections reduce the damage? If I have 100 damage and the enemy 20 protection, how much damage will be inflicted?
Protections are calculated a divisor.
actualDamage = originalDamage / (enemyProtections / 100 + 1)

This graph shows the actual damage for the protection you have if the unreduced damage is 200. The X axis is the protection, the Y axis is the reduced damage.
And this graph shows the actual damage for an enemy with 20 protection. The X axis is the original damage, the Y axis is the reduced damage.

3. What stats (damage, attack speed, HP, physical and magical protections) do minions, jungle camps, towers, phoenixes and the minotaur have? How do they change over time and are how do they differ per game type?
I don't know this at all, I do know towers and phoenixes are unaffected by most abilities, however the minotaur is only immune to CC.

4. How does attack speed work?
Attack speed scales additive, it depends on your base attack speed. (The attack speed you have at level 0. You cannot actually have level 0 but you can extrapolate the value.) It is measures in attacks per second.

Your attacks per second = baseAttackSpeed * (1 + item1Percentage + item2Percentage + ...) + (level * attackSpeedGrowth).

For example Artemis has a base attack speed of 0.9, with a growth of 0.01. At level 10 without items she has 0.9 * 1 + (10 * 0.011) = 1.01 attacks/second.
If she picks up The Executioner she gets 20% (0.2) bonus attack speed. Now her attackSpeed = 0.9 * (1 + 0.2) + (10 * 0.011) = 1.19 attacks/second.

This graph shows her attack speed at level 15. The X axis is the sum of all percentages of attack speed on her items, the Y axis is the attacks/second.

Attack speed items are more effective on gods with higher base attack speeds.
For example on Anhur who has a base attack speed of 0.85 (and growth of 0.0125) an item that gives 15% attack speed adds 0.1275 attacks/second, however on Artemis with 0.9 base speed it adds 0.135 attacks/second, a difference of 0.0075 attacks/second.
The difference is so little you should focus on improving your aim and juke-anticipating-abilities instead of this.

5. In what order are buffs, passives and debuffs applied? (For example, Mark of the Vanguard reduces all damage taken by 5 after it is reduced by protections or not?)
In your example it is true that Mark of the Vanguard reduced all damage taken by 5 after it is reduced by protections. This makes sense since it's a flat reduction.

In general for buffs, flat values are added first, then percentages are added.
For penetration, flat penetration is calculated first and then percentage penetration is calculated.

I don't know what the order for all debuffs, auras and such is, you'll have to test them individually.

6. How do auras stack?
Auras of different item types stack. Two Soul Eater's won't stack with each other, but a Soul Eater and a Pythagorem's Piece stack just fine.

For debuff auras this is also true, two Void Stones or Voidblades don't stack.
The only thing I'm not sure about is how a damage aura works, I think two Mystical Marks do stack, and indeed deal 80 magical damage per second.

7. Do debuffs only affect base stats, or also upgraded stats? (For example, physical power 100 base and 100 from items so in total 200, if an enemy gives him a -25% physical power debuff is the power now 150 or 175?)
I'm pretty sure it affects the final stats (just like the damage buff also affects the final stats and not the base stats), and I think if it'd affect base stats that'd be mentioned.

If you have a -25% physical power debuff and a -50% physical power debuff the results could be a -62.5% physical power debuff or a -75% physical power debuff.
From the way buffs stack I'm guessing it's the same for debuffs and it's a -62.5% physical power debuff, but I don't know entirely sure, because I can't solo test this.

Raventhor wrote:

All I know is Basic Damage = Magic Power x .35

For magical basic attacks the damage = 25 + 0.25 x MP, with the exception being Isis, who has damage = 35 + 0.25 x MP

For physical basic damage the damage = PP
When you're accounting for critical hits the average damage = (critChance + 1) x PP
And if you have the Deathbringer passive (critical damage increased by 50%) the average damage = (1.5 x critChance + 1) x PP

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

yra111 wrote:
Example: you have Gem of Isolation (25% slow when you hit an enemy with an ability) and then use skill which slows enemy by 50%. Does the enemy get a 75% slow?

The resulting slow is most likely (1 - 0.75 * 0.5 = )62.5% as I explained on question 7.

Aidiakapi

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by yra111 » August 29, 2013 5:21pm | Report
TY for answers.Its bad that this information is not aviable in game and even oficial site.
"dmg=Original damage*100/(100+amount of protection-amount of penetration you have)"
is it right?

yra111

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aidiakapi » August 30, 2013 7:04am | Report
yra111 wrote:

TY for answers.Its bad that this information is not aviable in game and even oficial site.
"dmg=Original damage*100/(100+amount of protection-amount of penetration you have)"
is it right?

I couldn't agree more, I think SMITE should release some info on it's mechanics. I contacted their support asking for accurate god stats (because the values such as for example Artemis' attack speed shown in-game, and on the website are rounded), it's been closed without a real reply.

As stated in my response, actualDamage = originalDamage / (enemyProtections / 100 + 1)
If you extend that with penetration (and I've seen claims that penetration can go negative, however from my tests they cannot go negative against NPCs, however I haven't had the opportunity to test it against players), the resulting formula is:
actualDamage = originalDamage / (max(0, enemyProtections - myPenetration) / 100 + 1)

It's only a different amount of writing it, in the formula you quoted both the dividend and the divisor are multiplied by 100, resulting in the same outcome.

Aidiakapi

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by yra111 » September 12, 2013 8:43am | Report
1.are u sure about penetration formula? looks like 30 pentration mst give u ability to ignore 30% of enemy armor.So enemy with 300armor get damage like he had 200 armor. effARMOR=armor-(armor*pen/100)
Why i think so? look at noombers: penetration cap is 50, armor cap is 325. usually 1 penetration item give u 15 penetration.armor item give u 50+- armor + armor for levell-up hero. so if formula effARMOR=armor-pen then penetration becomes useless...

2.1 physical heroes had attacks and skills both damagetype physikal?
2.2 they got physikal lifesteal only from atacks?
2.3 phys penetrations works on physikal skills?

yra111

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }