Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New to Smite and trying to improve

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » New to Smite and trying to improve 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BroknessMonster » February 27, 2015 12:02am | Report
Hi everybody,
I'm new here to the forums and pretty new to Smite. I've been playing for a few weeks(currently lvl 12). I've just recently starting playing conquest and have been struggling a bit. I've been playing mostly in the solo lane, but I'd like to eventually learn to play each role at least somewhat effectively. If anybody wants to play, and especially if you're willing to help a newbie learn the ropes, add me. My IGN is BroknessMonster and I have Curse. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

BroknessMonster

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » February 27, 2015 1:30am | Report
I have a few guides in my signature that may help, and I'm also up to playing with you if you want. My IGN is Firraria.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BroknessMonster » February 27, 2015 11:43pm | Report
Hey, thanks for the reply. I read you beginners and Sun Wukong guides, and they were great! I sent you a friend request in game.Looking forward to playing.

BroknessMonster

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » February 28, 2015 4:07am | Report
Hey there! I guess I got here second but I'd also be more than happy to help you! I've written 1 comprehensive guide to awilix so far and I'm working on a comprehensive guide to Bellona which will be released when I learn of any nerfs coming to her. If I can help in any way please feel free to add me. IGN = PrincessEsti

Regards!
PrincessEsti: Leader of (ESNCE)

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeekyFatKidd » February 28, 2015 12:00pm | Report
I am also new but ill tell you what I think has helped me so far. Anyone else feel free to disagree with any of this as I am not sure I am right. I play almost exclusively conquest so this is coming from that games mind set.

First thing I did was try and pick 1 or 2 gods for each job. solo, mid, adc, support, and jungle. I did this so no matter what my team picks I can feel somewhat confident to play whats needed. later on I may try to specialize more but in the beginning I feel like its good to get an understanding of whats important for each positions individual job.

why i tried to pick only 1 or 2 gods for each is so I can become strongly aware of their strengths and weaknesses. This allows you to be more aware of good and bad positioning, when to go for a kill or stay back when to return to base and when to stay in lane. and what items work well for that god specifically.

one of the hardest things for me personally is to try and stay in good position. I have found that this term is relative as no 2 gods have the exact same place thats considered safe or good, and this can change even for the same god from one match to the next depending on who you are laneing against. All I can really say is trial and error will help you get a feel for where to be and when. I have found for me personally a god with an escape like a dash or leap has helped me when i stray out of position but I am also starting to think i use them as a crutch sometimes so try not to depend on them all the time. I have a tendency to stray to the aggressive side and have to constantly remind myself to be more conservative.

While in lane remember that winning the lane is the most important kills are second or even third to survival. your job early is to farm xp and stay alive an early kill is nice but not mandetory to winning your lane. The key imo is to try and push your enemy under their tower costing them valuable xp from farming and pressuring their towers. this will lead to others having to rotate over to help them so the rest of your team will have an advantage in their own lanes. remember that while you are winning your lane the chances of getting ganked goes up exponentially so keep situational awareness up and dont be afraid to fall back, staying alive is very important.

my last hint is learn to use the in game communications. its v by default i think. this lets you tell your team valuable info like enemies missing or your returning to base and many others use it frequently as imo good communications helps get wins as much as anything else in game.

and lastly have fun

hope this helps
GeekyFatKidd

GeekyFatKidd

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 2, 2015 3:01am | Report
only thing I don't agree with is the most important thing this is different in every role. also kills are never as important as an objective or survival.

next the most important things is for an adc to farm (by creeps mostly and kills when possible)
support to protect the carry and help mid camps and the mid laner.
mid is a push fest but be carefull of the jungler
solo mostly survival but also a push fest
jungle ganking dropping buffs and a lot more

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by puncakeface » March 19, 2015 4:23pm | Report
My gold tip for you is kill camps and minions in rotation,leave the buffs who need it,
try hard to become top gold top exp player, and everything will be easy chips

puncakeface

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » March 20, 2015 11:02pm | Report
Hey there I main ADC and the thing I have found most beneficial is watching the pros, like I watch almost every video BaRRaCCuDDa puts on YouTube as he is arguably the best adc in the world today. Also on Smites main YouTube page there was s a list of videos called know your enemy that are designed for beginners, however I have found out things that I didn't know every video I watch so I would not say it is exclusively for begginners

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }