Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New player with general Questions

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » New player with general Questions 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by zulgathor » March 24, 2013 5:05pm | Report
I'm coming from LoL so I have a general idea on how to play the game. I've also played WoW for 5 years and Diablo for a while so i'ts like a mixture of the 3. Anyways my questions are: How does the minions kill gold/exp work? Like is it split evenly with gold and experience or does last hit give more? Is the meta a tank/carry left ap mid and tank/carry right? What is a good lane for 2 players new to the game to use and win easily? (lol) Should I follow the recommended in game build or look for a guide? Who should be going into the jungle and when? I think that sums up all of my curiousity so thanks to anyone who can help me!

zulgathor

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 24, 2013 8:52pm | Report
You get minion gold/EXP for being near the minions as they die. If you last-hit minions, you get 25% more, so while you are encouraged to last hit, it is by no means necessary to do so, though it can add up over the course of a match.

Lane composition isn't necessarily fixed in this game comapred to LoL, and it's one of the things I really like about this game. So long as you can find some kind of synergy with two gods, most compositions can work. For the most part, the best duo lanes tend to involve a carry or assassin paired up with a tank, bruiser, or support god. I have, however, seen comps like Loki+ Agni that can be pretty nasty when played right due to the high damage burst and zoning, despite being very squishy. As for the midlane, it too is quite flexible. While most prefer mages simply because of their scalings and push power, I've seen non-mages like Loki, Kali, Neith, and Xbalanque work just fine.

For Jungling, I consider it to be more of a bonus in this game than a necessity. The reasons why is because the current meta expects your to clear about three or four camps right off the bat before hitting the lanes. This would leave a dedicated jungler with only a few camps left to farm EXP+gold, and the buff camps which comprise 2/3rd's of the jungle take 4 minutes to respawn. Aside from that, you solo laner actually gets punished with less EXP+Gold if he has to kill minions under the tower, which removes any possible level advantage someone could get from playing a solo lane. I personally like to treat the jungle as an alternative source of farm outside of lanes if you are having difficulty farming, either because you're too extended to feel safe in the lane or you're being zoned out of farm.

For new players, I'd say the easiest duo lane would be something like Artemis+ Ymir. Artemis has good harass, while Ymir is very tanky with good CC, and they have a good ult synergy. Both gods are probably the simplest in their roles to understand, and since neither of them have an escape move, they also help you understand positioning better as you play them so you aren't relying on escape moves as a crutch.

I would personally advise against using in-game recommended builds and turn off the Auto-Buy. This is because it sticks you with the actives Meditation and Sprint right away, with no option to trade them back for different abilities. Meditation in particular is basically a crutch ability much like Clarity in LoL, which only encourages newbies to spam their abilities rather than actually using them conservatively. By waiting until later to pick up an ability, you can take a look at how your enemies fight, and then pick the two abilities that would best help you against them.

My best advice for builds would be to check out the "Popular" tab at the shop, which shows some of the most commonly built items on each god, to give you an idea of what usually works on them. As you begin to understand the game more, you can try deviating from those builds if you can find something else that works for you.

With all that said, I hope you have a wonderful time playing SMITE!
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 24, 2013 9:45pm | Report
One more thing to add, due to this new and improved map, a full time jungled wont work as well. In fact, soon you'll find yourself underleveled. So what you want to do is simply hit a buff when nessacary and then run and go back to laning with your partner.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by zulgathor » March 24, 2013 9:56pm | Report
Thank you so much! 1 more question is: If you don't attack minions do you get less, ie: if you are just standing around them while a tower kills it?

zulgathor

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 24, 2013 9:59pm | Report
Yeah, basically you get more gold+xp if you last hit a minion. Standing close to them increases your xp a little less. Which in the long run that xp and gold you gain is noticable if it keeps on occurring. Standing too far from enemy minion wave causes you not to gain any at all.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }