Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Leaping to dodge abilities

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Leaping to dodge abilities 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WhatHaveIDone » June 14, 2016 2:05pm | Report
Been watching smite top plays clip on youtube

Seems that pros like to jump to dodge abilities and it seems really cool.

Say that you are playing a Fenrir, having full rune, and you know you are being targeted by Thor's Anvil of Dawn because you see the crimson marker on the ground. Can you just leap ( Unchained) in place and stun him instead when he hit the ground?

It's such a hard thing to try out so I am just wondering if this move is even possible.

WhatHaveIDone

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 14, 2016 6:06pm | Report
Yeah, the only attack I can think of that can hit a leaping god is Awilix's Gravity Surge. Leaping to dodge abilities is a pretty important skill, I would definitely recommend trying to learn to do it on instinct. Admittedly though, the reaction time required to leap before an Anvil of Dawn hits would be really small.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Meta Science » June 15, 2016 11:39am | Report
That's great you noticed this. Leaping is an i-frame (meaning you're completely invulnerable - except during specifically designated abilities like noted above), other iframes would be a chang'e 2 or ravana 2. remember that iframe generally refers to both cc and damage immune. Things such as aegis which is only damage immunity or chronos ult, beads, or a cleanse only provide cc immunity would not usually be considered an i-frame.

It is very possible to jump on top of a falling thor, and at high level play it's actually very easy with practice, same goes for thanatos. In many high level matchups where its leap god vs leap god, the one that leaps first will lose as the other can just leap on the first leapers landing location.

Meta Science

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }