Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Lanes confusion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Lanes confusion 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Takeer » August 3, 2014 7:47pm | Report
Hello. I am a League of Legends player who recently got into Smite. I must say I am enjoying the game a lot, but a few things confuse me a lot.

In League we have Top, Middle, and Bot lane. But in Smite we don't have that.

I assume what is present is Solo, which is left lane, Mid, and Duo lane which is the right lane. Correct me please if I am wrong with this.

The classes confuse me as to where they go. Take Ares, for example. I read that he can go Solo lane, but he can also support. But he is a Guardian. How can he support if he is supposed to be the team's tank?

Guardians, Warriors, Assassins, they are confuse me because of where they should go. Hades is a Guardian, but he's a Ranged Mage if I am not mistaken, so shouldn't he go in the Mid lane?

Can anyone support? Can I take Zeus in the Duo Lane, even though I read he's a Mid laner?

It just confuses me about specifically what role goes in what lane. Can you take Guardians middle lane and put Tanks in Bot lane with the ADC? Like, would Ymir support Ullr in the Duo Lane?

And apparently, Guan Yu is a Warrior, but he can also support. So which lane should he go in?

I'm sorry for the questions. I'm just very confused as to which role goes to which lane.

Takeer

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » August 3, 2014 10:57pm | Report
Takeer wrote:

Hello. I am a League of Legends player who recently got into Smite. I must say I am enjoying the game a lot, but a few things confuse me a lot.

In League we have Top, Middle, and Bot lane. But in Smite we don't have that.

I assume what is present is Solo, which is left lane, Mid, and Duo lane which is the right lane. Correct me please if I am wrong with this.

Which lane is solo and which lane is duo depends on which side of the map you are on.
The short lane is the solo lane. You can identify the short lane by looking at the distance between towers, because in the short lane, the two tier 1 towers are closer together than they are in the duo lane.
The long lane is the duo lane, where the two tier 1 towers are furthest apart.

Takeer wrote:

The classes confuse me as to where they go. Take Ares, for example. I read that he can go Solo lane, but he can also support. But he is a Guardian. How can he support if he is supposed to be the team's tank?

Ares is one of the worst solo laners in the game. Some people try it, and most fail. He's best as a support. And I don't know how things are in LoL, but in Smite, the support is almost always a tank.

Takeer wrote:

Guardians, Warriors, Assassins, they are confuse me because of where they should go. Hades is a Guardian, but he's a Ranged Mage if I am not mistaken, so shouldn't he go in the Mid lane?

Hades is a tank and can be used as a support, however most people build him like a mage because he's quite a bit better that way, and most people use him in mid lane.
Assassins are usually junglers, Guardians=tanks=supports, and Warriors can play solo lane, support, and even jungle.

Takeer wrote:

Can anyone support? Can I take Zeus in the Duo Lane, even though I read he's a Mid laner?

Not everyone can support. The best supports are guardians and warriors, especially ones with lots of hard CC (crowd control).

Takeer wrote:

It just confuses me about specifically what role goes in what lane. Can you take Guardians middle lane and put Tanks in Bot lane with the ADC? Like, would Ymir support Ullr in the Duo Lane?

Mages usually go mid, and a tank and an ADC usually go to duo lane.

Takeer wrote:

And apparently, Guan Yu is a Warrior, but he can also support. So which lane should he go in?

I'm sorry for the questions. I'm just very confused as to which role goes to which lane.

Guan Yu is actually a pretty bad god in general, he's not good at much, but his best role imho is support.

Anyways, I recommend you read this guide I wrote; The Complete Beginner's Guide to Smite! It's full of information that will probably answer a lot of your Smite-related questions.

This is also a pretty good guide, I would give it a read.
A beginners guide to the roles and etiquette of SMITE (conquest)

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 4, 2014 1:56am | Report
Firraria wrote:

Which lane is solo and which lane is duo depends on which side of the map you are on.
The short lane is the solo lane. You can identify the short lane by looking at the distance between towers, because in the short lane, the two tier 1 towers are closer together than they are in the duo lane.
The long lane is the duo lane, where the two tier 1 towers are furthest apart.

to clarify this some more solo is fire giant side and duo gold fury side

Takeer wrote:

Uhm guardians are mostly support (you have 1-2 mages who can support like Aphrodite because they are healers) And Ares is a pretty bad example for his role

Takeer wrote:

well Hades is one of the odd guardians. He functions better as a mage

Takeer wrote:

Well you have some people who go duo with mage but IMO most of them shouldn't be the support then. (like Chronos he makes a pretty good adc) In case of Zeus I wouldn't support with him.

Takeer wrote:

guardians: support
mages: mis (with exception of a few)
warrior: mostly solo
hunter: adc
assassins: jungler

Takeer wrote:

Guan Yu isn't pretty good anymore (you don't know of the big warrior nerf which messed up his good spot) He can be played support because of the heal on his 1

Firraria wrote:

Anyways, I recommend you read this guide I wrote; The Complete Beginner's Guide to Smite! It's full of information that will probably answer a lot of your Smite-related questions.

This is also a pretty good guide, I would give it a read.
A beginners guide to the roles and etiquette of SMITE (conquest)

can't agree more with this statement

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }