Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I would love to join the community, but...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » I would love to join the community, but... 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GPDA01 » February 23, 2014 1:01pm | Report
I've been attempting to play Smite for about three days now, and while I would love to play, I have one big issue; Smite refuses to install files. Three days ago, the installation bar wouldn't go past .1% completion percentage and I checked back today to find that it was at 1% :D. Now, I don't know what's going on to be quite honest. I can't find anything on the official support page, I sent in a support ticket and have gotten no response so far, and it's really annoying. I've watched videos, I've seen my friend play, and it looks like a fantastic game to play. Heck, the community is why I really want to join. It's so much nicer and helpful than LoL has ever been, but I need to install the game first to experience it first hand. Any suggestions, guys?

Btw, hello!

GPDA01

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » February 23, 2014 1:24pm | Report
Hmm. Unfortunatly you may not find awsers for that probleme here though maybe some one knows.

All i can recommand is redo the basics. Restart computer, try to reinstall it and those kind of things. You'll likely have tried them already but i don't know how to help you any better.

Also hello :D
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » February 23, 2014 2:13pm | Report
Hey ! (:

Try just removing everything Smite-related. Go into your drive and delete install folder and in your 'My Documents'. Is your firewall blocking it? Try downloading the exe file from the Smite site again.

Hope you can fix it and be a part of this community. (:

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GPDA01 » February 23, 2014 2:40pm | Report
I've done all of that lol, did it all three days ago. I don't like to ask for help if I can fix it myself lol. I just redid all of that, and now it's saying that I don't even have an installation directory for the install. I'm so confused now >.<

GPDA01

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » February 23, 2014 2:45pm | Report
Try this...

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/blog/dparadox/help-i-cant-install-smite#comment-38604

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GPDA01 » February 23, 2014 2:51pm | Report
Second link is broken

GPDA01

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » February 23, 2014 2:56pm | Report
Damn.

Have you tried a different installation directory?

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GPDA01 » February 23, 2014 5:30pm | Report
Well, that's the new problem. Whenever I try to reinstall after removing all hirez files from my pc, there's no installation directory. This is way too big of a hassle, and Hi-Rez STILL hasn't gotten back to me. Lol, if I can't fix it in a day or so I'm probably going to say screw it and wait a year until it can be installed without hassle on most machines because this is ridiculous.

GPDA01

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » February 24, 2014 3:48am | Report
You can't choose where to install it?

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GPDA01 » February 24, 2014 2:55pm | Report
Not anymore. There just isn't an installation directory anymore where there used to be. I'm going to go try to redownload it one more time

GPDA01

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }