Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God selection help....

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » God selection help.... 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wrathos » March 9, 2013 5:58pm | Report
Hey guys, I am very very new to smite. I have downloaded and installed the client but have not yet played. I understand the rules and mechanics of a MOBA, but I was wondering which of the free gods to start off with?? I thought the idea of Bakasura was awesome, namely eating minions for buffs, and then vomiting them up, but I want your opinions on which God is best for a new player??
Wrathos is my name, vomiting minions is my game.

Wrathos

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 9, 2013 6:12pm | Report
Find out your playstyle first. It could really matter depending on whether or not to know which role fits you. Since you're mentioning that you like a physical AD. Try out someone like Kali or Wukong.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wrathos » March 9, 2013 6:19pm | Report
Ragingstorm wrote:

Find out your playstyle first. It could really matter depending on whether or not to know which role fits you. Since you're mentioning that you like a physical AD. Try out someone like Kali or Wukong.

Ok, if it helps, when I play RPGS like Skyrim, Dragon Age and various others, I usually prefer the stealthy, rouge class that can perform silent kills and move flawlessly through the environment.

Wrathos

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 9, 2013 6:57pm | Report
Loki. Definitely rings people like Loki or Arachne.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wrathos » March 9, 2013 9:07pm | Report
Ragingstorm wrote:

Loki. Definitely rings people like Loki or Arachne.

Sweet, might look into buying him, thank-you!!!

Wrathos

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 9, 2013 9:24pm | Report
Yeah, check his abilities. Invisibility that also serves as a speed boost, as well as huge damage bursts. An ultimate that can escape as well as kill. Just play smart against opponents especially Bakasura. Gank then hide, Guirella tactics.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » March 10, 2013 12:07am | Report
If you like stealth/ganking or maybe even jungling good gods are: Loki,Kali, Wukong, Arachne and Bakasura

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 10, 2013 4:48am | Report
I wouldn't recommend Bakasura if you are new to Smite. He relies heavily on his lane partner in the laning phase, as he has no CC of his own, and can't solo a lane, other than the occasional mid. However, his jungling is above average due to his eat minion.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }