Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Constantly matched up with way better players

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Constantly matched up with way better players 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghostlander » October 3, 2013 5:57pm | Report
For some reason, about 65% of the time, I get matched up with an opposing team that is clearly way more skilled, has been playing longer, and is more organized than the team I am on.

I'm wondering if this is a common issue?

My team will have like, maybe 1 or 2 guys including myself with A ranked god if not 2 at most.

Then the other team, decked out with gold skins, 4+ ranked gods and their current god being upwards of 4 gold medals. ( I went against an Artemis that was 9! wtf!)

So crazy uneven.
bro

Ghostlander

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » October 4, 2013 11:41am | Report
I find this to be a fairly common issue, every match I play there is at least four to six people with like 7+ gods mastered.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » October 4, 2013 11:47am | Report
Trial by fire, baby.

As long as your team is just as good...

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daheri » October 4, 2013 12:09pm | Report
Skins/Ranks, imo, are not indicative of skill. I met a rank 10 Xbal once and he was amazing; consequently, I also met a rank 10 Ao Kuang who was absolutely terrible and had the worst K/D of the team.

The thing that ruins games for a team, and this happened to me recently, is when your team is out of sync and the other team is in sync. I was Aphrodite laning with Anhur and he made it a nightmare for me to support him. Going in at inopportune times, falling back when he should have been pushing, etc. And when I tried to nudge him in the right direction, he did even worse. This was true for my entire team; there was no synergy whatsoever, and that was what made us lose.

Daheri

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » October 4, 2013 1:15pm | Report
Ranks do indeed indicate skill with a god, they just don't necessarily mean that someone is skillful with him/her. That is to say, it is much more likely that someone has a grasp of how to play a certain god if they're rank ten with him/her than someone who isn't even an acolyte. The exceptions are generally cases where the player has some form of cognitive disability, preventing them from understanding how to not only play the god well, but use the kit to counter enemy gods' kits - in these cases, he/she only reaches a high rank through repetition (which would improve the skill of a person without disabilities). It's also possible that a friend or family member is playing the god (which I have done on occasion, resulting in a very bad game). Ping, as well as other factors can also be of issue.

I agree that synergy is what really determines a game - one can only carry his/her team so hard.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Blissey1 » October 7, 2013 11:34am | Report

Ranks do indeed indicate skill with a god, they just don't necessarily mean that someone is skillful with him/her. That is to say, it is much more likely that someone has a grasp of how to play a certain god if they're rank ten with him/her than someone who isn't even an acolyte. The exceptions are generally cases where the player has some form of cognitive disability, preventing them from understanding how to not only play the god well, but use the kit to counter enemy gods' kits - in these cases, he/she only reaches a high rank through repetition (which would improve the skill of a person without disabilities). It's also possible that a friend or family member is playing the god (which I have done on occasion, resulting in a very bad game). Ping, as well as other factors can also be of issue.

I agree that synergy is what really determines a game - one can only carry his/her team so hard.

also possible is that they built rank 10 exclusively in conquest and then go and try arena and fail horribly. Or vice versa.

Blissey1

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 10, 2013 9:07am | Report
I was level 20 for my first real Fenrir game (assault doesn't count IMO) and i'm used to not having masteries, i play too many people too much. Thing is everyone else on both teams had 7+ masteries and one guy was cacodemon ymir, so he was lvl 30. oh, and they had a gold Loki AND Freya and we had a gold loki too. I didn't let it get to me, I just played. I think i would have done better if loki hadn't stolen my kills early, but he carried us so, as Ne Zha says, "I'll take one for the team!"
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }