Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Competitive Team(XboxOne)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Competitive Team(XboxOne) 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZyloKurosaki » August 10, 2015 12:18pm | Report
Just started playing smite literally two days ago and I absolutely love the game. I'm really trying to join a team or get a group of people together to start one so we can do tournaments and hopefully get into pros. I have pretty much the basics down I THINK,still trying to understand the roles and try to find a few gods I like to play with. If anyone has any suggestions on where to join or how to go about starting one it would be greatly appreciated.

ZyloKurosaki

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 11, 2015 2:28am | Report
my advise is to go and get lvl 30 first and gather more exp with the game and try some ranked. You may think you already know all the basics but I dare to bet you don't know what every item and god can do yet or when to build it (yes I suspect you're using autobuild).

also finding a role you want to main and learn to play all gods for it will get you far (still other roles should be learned too as sometimes people like a little bit of change you don't see it much in pro smite but sometimes mid and solo get switched because the solo player plays a better mid Ra etc.

And of course practise practise practise.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » August 18, 2015 7:44am | Report
I confirm what Devampi said, if your new with MOBA in general (which is was my case 1 month ago) there are a lot of stuff that might not be straight forward. Like understanding roles in conquest, managing the jungle bosses timing, wards and choosing gods accordingly to your role and stick with it. I though I knew how to play Hades 2 weeks ago, and I'm still learning stuff. (Now I'm level 26).
If you played Joust and Arena, most of the games don't include a lot of strategy, that's why it seems really easy...
...But there is a gap between knowing how to use one or two gods and mastering them, because it involves knowing how to counter (if possible) all your opponents...which basically mean knowing them all.
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }