Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Beginner Smite lover. pointers pls.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Beginner Smite lover. pointers pls. 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by hiro1221 » March 28, 2013 8:32am | Report
Hey all. Name is Hiro1221, also my in-game name, and I'm loving this game so far. I finally decided on a God to work with, Artemis, and now looking to get a build for her. I have looked all over and seem some great builds, especially on this site, but I would like to make my own. I always tend to copy others and tired of it really. Anyways, have some general questions that would help me get started. Please answer if you can:

1- How much Gold do you start with? Like to know so I know what I can afford at first.
2- Is it better to buy one item and keep lvling it to max or better to buy a few?
3- My instincts tell me to work on one skill at at a time until max, not much experience in MoBAs, or stick to a few? Maybe upgrade each one and keep doing a rotation?
4- Is there a way to upgrade skills without going into menu?
5- Heard mix things but is jungling needed or that great?

I'd also wouldn't mind some tips and tricks to help me get started, really want to get to lvl 30 before beta ends (which does anyone know when it will?) so I can get the Ymir Skin, either for game in general or for Artemis. I tend to play games with main focus on damage. I'm very aggressive or least like to be. Thank you all very much for your time. Can add me if want to, Hiro1221, and maybe play some games some time. See you all on the battlefield.
Hell Hath no Fury like a BAD-A$* MOFO WITH A BOW SUCKA!

hiro1221

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 28, 2013 9:00am | Report
hiro1221 wrote:

1- How much Gold do you start with? Like to know so I know what I can afford at first.
2- Is it better to buy one item and keep lvling it to max or better to buy a few?
3- My instincts tell me to work on one skill at at a time until max, not much experience in MoBAs, or stick to a few? Maybe upgrade each one and keep doing a rotation?
4- Is there a way to upgrade skills without going into menu?
5- Heard mix things but is jungling needed or that great?

1- 1500 gold
2- max it... the passive is the best part of the item but boots can be an exeption
3- get 1 rank in all skills and then lvl the one which benefits you the most
4- F1, F2, F3, F4
5- not needed but useful also a full jungle in smite is practicly impossible.....
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by hiro1221 » March 28, 2013 9:22am | Report
Thank you very much. Very helpful.

hiro1221

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » March 29, 2013 4:36am | Report
You can also look up streamers who play the game at high level and give good tips. Names like (--- apparently I don't know ---) come to mind. You can look up their Twitch streams or their YouTube videos. There are probably dozens and dozens more, so just do a little searching. And the tips they provide are invaluable.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 29, 2013 5:16am | Report
mellojoe wrote:

Names like DryBear, SteveSchwindt, and Smitten come to mind.

LOL NO

drybear maybe,

steveschwindt hell no

and smitten sucks at playing the game
almost everything she says is writen by soapbox.....

good streamers are RGwolfy, ROOTallied, Cursezapman and CursePonPon.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » March 29, 2013 5:58am | Report
mellojoe wrote:

You can also look up streamers who play the game at high level and give good tips. Names like DryBear, SteveSchwindt, and Smitten come to mind. You can look up their Twitch streams or their YouTube videos. There are probably dozens and dozens more, but it will give you a look at how other people play. And the tips they provide are invaluable.

Drybear is awesome, Steve is pretty much a noob and Smitten only shouls how she fails...
Edit: if you don't wanna watch streams feel free to pm me, I don't consider myself the best player of the world but I can give tips about: tanks in this game and general tips for beginners. Other usefull people are Animous (he also streams) and Levask on this site (other people can also help like hifrombuddha but he is a lot less active)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 29, 2013 6:36pm | Report
Quoted:
good streamers are RGwolfy, ROOTallied, Cursezapman and CursePonPon.

I'll agree with PonPon and Wolfy, but Allied rages a lot and when Zapman streams I feel like i'm being violated.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by hiro1221 » April 1, 2013 5:35am | Report
Thanks everyone. I'll check the streams out.

hiro1221

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rkraz3d » April 1, 2013 7:49am | Report
Bro, Smitten, to be honest is not good. Sorry to say, no offense to her, and Steve is also not that great. Drybear, I feel like knows the mechanics to the games but isn't the greatest. If your planning to get better at Artemis, I highly suggest using the replay system that Smite has. I understand you are new to the game, so Ill give you the basics to it, although Animus might be better at explaining it considering hes a caster.

1. Go to this link:https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx
This will give you access to any players stats in the game. If you are looking for a good Artemis player I suggest looking up in this searchbar: Shing. He is the leftlane carry for Root gaming and is amazing with her.

2. Look for a Artemis game that he played in the 'Recent Matches' section, and click on view match. (This is not for all games, but considering it is a big player like Shing, most likely, most of his games are on replay.)

3. You will get a number, open your smite, and in your lobby chat, type in: /replay [Insert the number you found here].

4. Your Smite game should load a replay of the game you found the replay to, and run it.

5. Now watch the player and learn.

Lol, this was probably VERY confusing, I understand. I personally love Artemis, she is one of the Carry's I use most. Anyways, if this was confusing, ask Animus!

Rkraz3d

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GankFirstGaming » April 13, 2013 6:58pm | Report
Hi there!

This is Smitten and I ran across this post today and wanted to drop my 2 cents into the conversation.

1. If you are wanting a high-end player to watch and really analyze their moves and playstyles then I definitely recommend PonPon from curse gaming. This guy is insanely good and knows the game inside and out. If you're wanting a youtuber than I recommend DryBear. (His youtube is www.youtube.com/drybeargamers) He has a great understanding of game mechanics and streams on Smite TV 5 days a week. Curse Gaming also has their own youtube where they will be posting more guides soon. There is a plethora of good players who are worth following and analyzing.

2. Of course I suck at this game! XD It is the whole point to my how to fail series! I haven't been playing for very long and this is my first MOBA. So the room for error, and therefore improve, is limitless. However, because I want to become a better player I started recording my matches to see where I made mistakes. Post analysis of your game play is one of the most effective ways for anyone to improve as a gamer.

3. As far as what I say in my videos, yes SoapBox does assist in the scripting, he has been playing this game far longer than I have and is one of my mentors that is helping me to be a better Smiter. It started off as a way for him to be an active role in my learning that didn't involve him backseat gaming and has become the preferred means of instruction for me because he can be quite the competitor.

I love that you are just as excited about Smite as I am! I literally dropped every other game I was playing to do this one. I hope to see you in the queue sometime! Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions! I may be new but I have learned quite a bit!

-Smitten
<3

-Smitten
Gank First Gaming

GankFirstGaming

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }