Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Beginner here

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Beginner here 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Moodkill » September 27, 2014 8:38pm | Report
I'm a Dota player that just recently tried smite, anyone can tell me the most important basics of the game? Like things that I definitely must know. Also I might need suggestions on easy to use heroes.

Moodkill

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » September 28, 2014 9:13am | Report
I'd love to!

The gamemodes are Conquest, Arena, Assault, Siege, and MOTD. There are also ranked queues but you need to be level 30 with some other reqs.

Conquest is the main gamemode with the roles being mid, solo, adc, jungle, and support.

The solo lane is the lane where the towers are closest to each other (right or left side if map) and the duo lane (adc+support) is where the enemy and your tower are farthest from each other. The possibility of solo or duo lane being on right/left is randomized.

I will tell you the basics of each role and link you to some guides.

Mid - Usually a mage (ranged magical) with a good waveclear/push. Your main objective is to secure mid camps, outlane your midlaner, and rotate to gank (mid-late game). Your jungler may or may not drop red buff for you occasionally throughout the game.

Solo - This lane can consist of any god, but warriors and mages are mostly played here. You take blue buff at start and try and outlane your opponent while rotating efficiently.

Jungle - Gets farm from jungle camps while usually being an assassin (melee phys.). But warriors, mages, and even guardians are sometimes played here. Your main job is to secure mid camps, "outjungle" the enemy jungle, secure mid camps and gank. You will gank the most early-mid game out of all of your team since that is your job. Map awareness is key to jungling.

Support - There are different types of supports being a tank, healer, or bruiser support. You should take damage, help feed your adc, rotate for support in other lanes, secure mid camps, and tank objectives (gf,fg,titan).

Adc - Usually a hunter, rarely a mage. You want to stick in lane the most and farm up for your lategame autoattack potential. Doesn't mean you rotate but there's no need to ever single minute. Farm up.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 28, 2014 12:03pm | Report
Green covered most of it, I'll just give some easy to learn people.

Mage: Kukulkhan, Ra, Poseidon
Tank/Guardian: Ymir, Athena, Sobek
ADC: Neith*, Apollo, Artemis
Warrior: Thor(ish), Guan Yu, Odin
Assassin: Loki, Fenrir, Mercury, Kali

Neith is technically pretty dense in her kit, but because there's so much she's easy to do well on and learn. Some of these gods are dense, but most are straightforward.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Moodkill » September 28, 2014 11:08pm | Report
Thx for the tips guys, will learn to play it properly <3. I've played dota so I hope there might be slight similarities with smite. It already looks good.

Moodkill

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 28, 2014 11:23pm | Report
And don't worry about towers. They deal huge damage on minions BUT deal less than half to players, so you can tower dive without worry!
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Moodkill » September 29, 2014 4:08am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

And don't worry about towers. They deal huge damage on minions BUT deal less than half to players, so you can tower dive without worry!

That is so different from Dota lol.

Moodkill

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 29, 2014 8:04am | Report
WARNING! i see you have met maddanny. take everything he says with a grain (10 kilo) of salt as he is the site's main troll.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » September 29, 2014 8:15am | Report
All4Games wrote:

WARNING! i see you have met maddanny. take everything he says with a grain (10 kilo) of salt as he is the site's main troll.

As much as him being a troll, the fact that towers don't deal too much damage is partly true. If you're careful, and look at the interval the tower fires, a squishy god might take 4/5 shots before dying (that is, considering you can avoid the enemy skillshots/the enemy sucks in aiming). Careful, though. Tower damage gradually increases.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 29, 2014 12:31pm | Report
Every god in smite, compared to Dota, is easy as **** to learn to play. The hardest part for new players is adjusting to the new mechanics, like how minions deal a **** ton of damage, skillshot autoattacks, active items, ****py itemization, etc.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Moodkill » September 30, 2014 5:55am | Report
All4Games wrote:

So there even is a Kyfoid(Dotafire) in Smitefire huh.

Moodkill

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }