Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bakasura Laning Partner and Laning Advice

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Bakasura Laning Partner and Laning Advice 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Clanqaz » May 14, 2013 2:50pm | Report
I'm currently new to smite and MOBAs in general. So far I have been trying to become a better player and not get my team screwed over by using the guides and advice on Smite Fire. I have also been watching steamers some, but I only started during this current god rotation, so I don't always catch everything. In addition I have been trying to play this game with my friend, but neither of us have unlocked any gods yet because I am only level 9 and he is level 6. I'd love any help people can give me with my two questions.Also, I tend to ramble a bit so I have made short and long versions of my issue for those who don't like blocks of text.

(Short Version)
1. What gods work well with a new Bakasura? Would Ares work or is he too squishy? How important is it to have a god that can 2v1 well? (baka play styles differ due from full jungle to lane to gank)

2. We currently die a lot, I think it is because we cannot balance when to push and when/how to farm without pushing. What basics to laning would you recommend? We currently know a. play defensively. b. watch the minimap and jungle to avoid ganks. c. Be aware of enemy the player comp and items so you don't get outplayed.(we do anyway) thanks!

(Long Version)
First off, my friend really likes Bakasura and is going to make him his first god purchase. From the practice jousts we have done it seems to be his best god. I on the other had have been waiting for him to decide on a god before I pick mine so I can compliment it. (I do know that we will not always play our favorite gods as we should play what works best with the team, but having a good lane comp helps when playing as a duo). Up to this point I have been playing Ymir and my friend has been Artemis, a comp recommended for growing players due to the synergy and lack of crutches.However, I would like to make this new comp work, and I am wondering what would work well. We have had success with Ares+Baka in tutorial, but I don't think ares is tanky enough. It may be better not to tank,I don't know. However, I am with Mages(Zeus), Carries(Xbalanque), and Assassins (loki).Lastly, I know there is a baka guide out there that shows workable comps, but I am not sure which is best for newer players or what is outdated.

Secondly I currently don't understand how to lane effectively. Most of my early levels were spent in mid with Zeus using people's ignorance to kill with charges.(doesn't work so well anymore) Since then I switched to this Ymir build and have liked it. However, it seems that whenever my friend and I work together we always get outplayed or ganked. We tend to have difficulty maintaining a good farm rate while staying safe. Also, sometimes we just get destroyed by the other comp due to better play. (Odin+Loki+Leaps+Ubers=Art death followed by getting pushed to the tower and out-farmed.) Thanks, and thanks for reading!

Clanqaz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » May 14, 2013 6:08pm | Report
Guan Yu is very good with Bakasura and a good Sobek as well.I never played with Ares when Im Bakasura, so I don't know, but going against ares, watch out for his chains and don't play aggressively. When laning, if u r going to get into a fight either u or partner initiated, make sure a enemy minion is around to eat to get health and have protections. Always get the slow active, it is very useful on Bakasura and will assure that the enemy will have a low success of escape.
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }