Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Still derpin on Chang'e

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Still derpin on Chang'e 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shakz180 » September 18, 2014 1:01pm | Report
For a very long time since Nu Wa was remade and was put off my list of my favorite mages to play, I decided to go and try to master Chang'e.

Anyone else feel that her overall damage and lane presence is much more limited than other mages, IF not? then I do not know what I am doing. at all

Any advice?

shakz180

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » September 18, 2014 1:40pm | Report
I mastered her pretty quickly, doing great in most if not all games with her.

Chang'e is not like Scylla, Janus, or Kukulkan in that matter of doing a lot more damage. She's a half-breed, between sustained damage (aphro) and burst (agni). Much like Ra except Ra is a bit easier to play and is a little more straight on damage based.

Chang'e's kit is meant for sustain. She can heal, restore mana, and even buy items from outside of base. So tip: get blue buff and stay in lane to farm asap. Don't go overboard and give out an easy kill.

If not obvious, this is the skill priority unless going support -> Waxing Moon -> Crescent Moon Dance -> Moonflower Dance -> Moonlit Waltz. You have to play passively and wait for that mistake the enemy will do. Before hitting your ultimate, make sure to have some knowledge of the enemy god's skill set. If their main damaging ability is down or their burst abilities are on CD. It's a general idea but it helps a lot.

Gameplay with Chang'e is just clear -> clear -> enemy mistake -> poke -> clear -> enemy mistake -> kill. She's insanely powerful in the right hands, but you gotta be patient.

edit: you have to build cooldown on her. It's essential whether CD boots, Breastplate of Valor or both. I tend to get both.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shakz180 » September 18, 2014 1:50pm | Report
Ahh I guess her kit is very gradual.

But how would you go against enemies who can clear waves way faster than you? ( Ra, Kukulkan, Anubis)
Her damage just cannot keep up

shakz180

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » September 18, 2014 2:04pm | Report
Your early waveclear is not the best compared to them. You will have to lose some gold and have your tower tank it until you have your 1 to a respectable level and you can clear your wave with your 1 and 3 combo.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 18, 2014 8:17pm | Report
Felt the same way you did when I needed to master her.

Like he said. Just let tower tank till you can one shot the minions. Her dmg may seem nay early game. But once you have full cdr. You can out dmg and out play a high burst mage as long as you make them waste or miss their shots with Moonlit Waltz. It's all about the "Dance of the fight".
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }