Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need major help on support in conquest and siege (possible other modes too)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Need major help on support in conquest and siege (possible other modes too) 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nerfedplayer » September 21, 2014 2:41am | Report
Recently got back into smite from a long break (basically when the beta ended) and was always goodish at support but now rusty as hell and can't seem to do any good in the role. Help in conquest and siege would be most appreciated as got no clue what to do in siege as never played the mode at all.

Nerfedplayer

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » September 21, 2014 5:49am | Report
As for how to play the roles, I'm not sure how I should approach that in particular.

However, for Siege:

-As I'm sure you know, Siege is a 4v4 match with two lanes and a jungle in the middle.

-There are 4 jungle camps on each side of the jungle, all of them being buff camps, so jungling is not really an option in Siege.

-As you kill jungle camps, minions, and enemies, you will gain points. Once you hit 100 points, you will spawn a powerful siege monster that will go down one lane. Sieges are very good for taking out towers/phoenixes/etc.

-In the middle of the jungle is mob that you can kill that will spawn another siege monster.

-There is a portal near your base that you can enter that will teleport you to your siege monster so that you can jump in the action a lot quicker.

As for some tips on Siege:

-Jungle camps are worth a lot of points (9 points each camp). Try to farm them as much as possible to keep your points going up.

-You can only have 2 sieges out at once. One from your points, another from killing the middle siege monster.

-Because you can only have two out, unless you really, really need the buff, if you already have your siege from your points up, I would advise to wait until that siege is dead because you will not accumulate points for another siege until that one is dead.

-If you are playing support, you will need Wrath of the Gods because there might be times that you'll be having to fight with the enemy team to get the middle siege kill. You'll be at a huge advantage if you have it and they don't, and even if they do, it gives you a good chance to steal the kill and get the siege spawn.

-This goes for most modes, but especially in Siege, because for some dumb *** reason, HiRez thought it was a good idea to take out normal wards from the game mode. Always call your missings. One reason many people didn't like 5v5 Siege was because of how "easy" it was to get ganked (which it really wasn't), so when HiRez changed it to 4v4, they took out normal wards to again, make it easier to get ganked. Intelligence, right?

-Your Siege is very strong and thus can survive on its own for some time. It's way more important to defend a lane that's in trouble than it is to push up with your Siege. At least it is in my opinion.

-Always remember about the ability to teleport to Sieges through the portal, but be careful when you do. Don't want to port to a Siege that's being attacked by four enemies and no teammates back you up.

There might be a few more things I could talk about, but I'm tired and losing focus. Most of it really just comes down to playing your role properly and paying attention to what's going on. You'll eventually get used to how it plays out, but hopefully those tips will give you a bit of information.

As for Conquest, I can't help with that because I don't play it.

As for helping with roles, I'm not the best with that either as I don't play CQ, and can't really tell you how you should play the role in it. I'm not even that great of a support player to begin with. I tend to just build depending on the other team and go on from there. Maybe if I could get more specifics on which characters, I might be able to give some tips, but for that, it's best to check out the guides we have written out on this site. They work very well, and I've used a guide to get me familiar with all the gods that were out when I first started playing. Of course by now, I know all the characters and items, so I don't use guides too often, but they're great for checking out as someone trying to learn/get better with someone.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 21, 2014 6:10am | Report
for CQ. 2 words: "Ward here!" Never forget to ward. Especially early game.

Just look for guides here for how to build as support for most support like Gods. As for ward placement... Search it I guess? I'm to lazy to make a fancy map or even link an img of one here.

And don't try to go for kills on your own during mid and late game if your teammates are fighting. You might not be able to get the kill if your mostly built tanky. But there are some Gods made for early rekt.

this is just little of what I can really give you. Just look around the site or search others or maybe someone might answer you better than I did.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 24, 2014 11:19am | Report
for conquest you should wards at the entrances of the duo lane (the mana buff camps). make sure you drop the mana buff for your carry. Also the first 2 wards are best used to counterward so they won't invade your buff. Make sure you start with Hand of the Gods for clearing it fast (or save it for stealing their blue)

in early game make sure you don't take last hits (you got watchers so you shouldn't be focusing on last hitting anyway) because your adc need to go to late game ASAP and you need to help him. Try to set up kills or pokes by for example freezing people as Ymir. And don't forget every time you back grab some wards to place at the entrances (especially when they are out) so you don't get the surprise of the jungle killing your adc. Also if blue is up drop it for your carry

In mid (and this starts pretty early as support) your map awareness needs to be really high especially to the mid lane. if you see that the mid furies are up (or you know theirs are) try to get them with the jungler or the mage. afterwards you can try and gank the mid lane.

If your mid is in trouble you can also go to help out by rotating to him. try to get him out safely and cover his lane to the best of your abilities until he returns.

If you see the enemy support rotating their is a high chance he is going to gank mid so you should rotate also.

in late game your going to be the initiator. try to stun some enemies and try to let them focus you while your team creates havoc among them.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }