Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need a mentor (or two) to help us learn Siege

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Need a mentor (or two) to help us learn Siege 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WedgeSkyrocket » September 10, 2014 1:06am | Report
Hello,

So I got into Smite a little while ago when a friend invited me and a few other friends to play, and so far I've been liking it a lot and I feel like I'm improving steadily. We get trounced more often than not, but we have our share of wins, and I'm getting the hang of a few gods now.

There's just one problem: Siege.

Okay, so we're not exactly pros at the game, but we have at least won matches in other modes. Every time we step foot in Siege mode though, we get thoroughly curb-stomped! No joke, we often lose without downing a single enemy tower. I'm not sure if we're just bad at two-man teams or if there's something else at work, but we haven't won a single Siege.

I'm tired of watching those pesky monsters tear down our towers, so I was hoping for a mentor or mentors to help two of us hone our skills and two-man teamwork in-game.

Our IGNs are WedgeSkyrocket and SaphireStarr14 if you want to add us. We'd be grateful for any kind of hands-on help or even just advice.

WedgeSkyrocket

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 10, 2014 10:09am | Report
hopefully you check back this forum sometimes otherwise you missed this.

some questions tha can help you improve on siege

team composition:
I don't know how your team mostly looks? But normally you have a gaurdian laning with an hunter or assassin. and you have a warrior laning with a mage.

jungle camps and last hitting:
How is the clearing on these guys. you need to make sure you keep the buff camps down because they give you points towards the siege minion. Also the last hitting gives points to it.

siege creep:
what do you do when you have a siege creep. The moment you have a siege creep you can choose to defend it or be aggressive in the lane without the siege creep. if you just continue normal you can get damage of them but you need to watch the enemy team if it end in a 3v2 by the siege creep you can best let someone rotate so you can keep the creep alive longer.
option number too is the aggressive in other lane by going with 3 persons in the lane without the siege creep. this gives more pressure especially early game because the siege creep doesn't die too fast. and allows you to start a 3v2 n the other lane or maybe a 3v1 (when they choose to defend with 3 in the lane) this can make 1 of them to come over to your lane letting it end up in a 3v3 and that's one less person to damage your siege creep. the guys staying behind needs to focus on clearing minions.

when against a creep it depends on the situation but you should try to bring it down asap by using abilities (mage) and basic attack (adc mostly) also you can slow it a bit by going to stand in front of him (he then stands still and proceeds to shoot you).

hope this helps a bit for more questions just ask

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WedgeSkyrocket » September 11, 2014 11:50am | Report
Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

Thank you for the tips, I hadn't thought about some of those things.

Our team composition has probably not matched that formula very well. Understandably, we tend to pick based on which gods we know, and unfortunately that leaves us a little lacking on the Warrior and Guardian side. I have some experience with Ymir and Cabrakan, so I could probably pick up the slack, but none of us has really played a Warrior yet. Guess we'll just have to learn huh? ^^

Another thing I noticed is that as you say, we probably aren't paying enough attention to the jungle. Often we just can't seem to find the time in between trying to hold our lane against the enemy team and pushing the lane in the happy event that we manage to force the enemy team back.

For the siege creep, I had considered those strategies and we have tried to implement them in the past, but it is likely our execution that is lacking.

I'll end off with a couple specific questions:
  • Are there any alternative team compositions that are effective?
  • Is there any kind of phase structure to Siege like you have in Conquest, or is it more fluid?
  • When should I/we go jungling? I don't want to leave my lane partner in a 2v1, but when we manage to down an opponent, it's more tempting to press the advantage than to duck into the jungle.
  • Positioning? When laning, I'm never sure how far up the lane I should be, relative to our tower, their tower, and where the creeps are fighting.
  • This is probably a skill I have to practice at, but what kinds of strategies are effective in denying the enemy last-hits on your creeps?

WedgeSkyrocket

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 13, 2014 12:02pm | Report
oke I will try to awnser them as good as possible.

1. well not really the best is going 2 magical and 2 physical and normally you well end up in a mage and adc/assassin for the damage and the other two are more tanky. you can go 3 magical or 3 physical but then the enemy team is going to foucs protection more on the one you have more (allowing 1 person too do a lot of damage and 3 to do less)

2. well it's normally just laning but when the first siege monster sawns you will go start and push a lot more. also rotating is a lot better because you have no jungler.

3. Well at the beginning it's clear and if they are up wait till one of them backs or you killed one you can go take them too. also when rreturning to lane is a good moment too unless the enemy has a siege creep (btw counterjungling can be very effective). But you want to clear them ASAP

4. just freeze the lane in the middle and push when fed or when you have the siege creep. then focus the gods if they don't focus you they end up dying or backing.

5. blocking shots mostly but a Kukulkan Whirlwind will get them none the less. Just make sure your team is doing good in last hitting

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » September 13, 2014 1:17pm | Report
Best team comp -

Hunter
Damage Mage
Healer Mage
Warrior

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BoredAsUsual » December 19, 2014 5:36pm | Report
Add BoredAsUsual13 on Smite. My friends and I just got the hang of Siege, unsure if you are still having problems, and we would love to get some more practice in while also teaching others. I honestly think it all has to do with timing. ^^
"Time to bring Christmas cheer to everyone. Whether they like it or not."

BoredAsUsual

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }