Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Medusa vs Ullr tips?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Medusa vs Ullr tips? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Salehaza » July 19, 2015 12:35am | Report
I'm having a lot of trouble playing heads up against this particular ADC. Normally i run ullr, charged morning star start>transcendence..

Her board damage might be the highest among ADC's at that early level, 90 board dmg on her 2.. While mine starts much lower. I just get out cleared and highly out poked so fast, I really can't do anything but clear a handful of waves and back... Am i doomed to let her out farm me and wait for a gank?, Because in a heads up 1v1 battle she seems practically unbeatable, and also freakishly tanky for an ADC at lvl 1-10 ... Also,, ullr's strength is his fast clear and high utility skill shots and poke... But medusa counters all of that with her sideways speed and even faster clear.. She can easily juke out of your 3, and even if you can hit 50-70% of your skill shots, if she builds lifesteal, She has enough board damage to still full clear mobs with a skill and 1-2 auto's. Granted, mid game, ullr will catch up. and surpass her, once her skills lose utility and ullrs retain value.. Im just tired of looking like an idiot and losing my lane in 15 minutes because im getting constantly backed, pressured or killed.

Any advice or jousting practice would be amazing to help.

My original plan was trying to keep her in front of me instead of letting her cone me behind minions, but that seems like a losing battle with her speed. She easily just flys accross the minions before you can react.

My next thought is bluestone pendant and morning star to start... More health and dmg to make it until transcendence... Then, once i have a huge mana pool, i can leave my Rain of arrows at lvl 1, and actually prioritize leveling my 2 and 1.. Boosting the dmg of my 1 and hopefully full clearing waves faster. With the bluestone pendant... I will be regenerating 1.5% mana.. Which with 1kish mana from trans, is alot of mana a second. Which should allow me to use 2 skills to farm until i can get stronger.. If the minions arent fighting on my tower because im clearing at her speed... I can play farther back. and just let her snake *** clear.

Salehaza

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 20, 2015 2:35am | Report
The problem is mostly on the gods as you say she beats you early game as dusa is a more early mid game adc (late game she isn't as good as in early mid)
while ullr is more a hyper late game carry. he has good poke and clear early game but it's not where his strength is.

I would recommend just staying out of her cone range and if your support allows it play a really aggressive early game. this should help forcing her back before you (take a support with good early lockdown.

Also be very careful when dusa is laned with an thena as this is a guaranteed stun and full damage

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » July 26, 2015 7:17am | Report
I would recommend leveling your 3 before your 2 as if you only put points into your 1 and 3 at level 10 your 3 is going to chunk enemies and at that point you can use it to poke the enemy out of land so long as you land it whenever you get an opportunity

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reversegods » August 23, 2015 7:12pm | Report
Bluestone isn't worth getting anymore since the nerf, and if you go trans start, you already have plenty of mana to sustain, you just need to know when to use it. Don't always 1 shot the wave, don't get me wrong, you do hit the wave with your 1, but is there really a reason to do so if your main goal is to farm. After you finish trans, you guys both will probably be 5 if everything goes normally, no early kills. I would get beads for her ult, and if the medusa your facing is using 2 on the wave in a pattern over and over for ever wave, then let her use it first, then go in, Or go up use your 1 on the wave and back away. Also i'mma just assume that your new to the game, and that if you hit medusa with a basic, or with your 3 while minions are alive, they WILL turn on you. You don't want to take extra poke from minions, dont under estimate there damage, it will stack up. Honestly the mistake most people make is, Why are you even fighting, you yourself said that she does more damage than you, then don't fight her unless your team rotates, you can poke, and if she ult just turn around and run away. You counter medusa actually, your 2 gives you a speed buff, and her ult, assuming that you turned around, slows you. SO when she ults you, turn around and use your 2 or jump if you need to. Also if your getting ganked, then thats your teams fault, dont always rely on your support, especially if you don't know them. If they don't buy wards, then you do. Also read Medusa's kit, see what her abilities do, know her cooldowns, what her ult does, so when you fight her you will know how to. If you want to practice 1v1, my ign is ReverseGods.

Reversegods

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » August 24, 2015 7:44am | Report
Yea honestly Ullrs early lane matchup against almost everyone plays similar clear the wave (not always with abilities and poke the enemy hunter out. Ullr has possibly the best long range poke in the game and it has 120% scaling so it will still hit stupid hard lategame as well.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 24, 2015 10:15pm | Report
ah creep agro always fun. still ullr can poke without taking to much of it.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }