Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking for mentor for Hel

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Looking for mentor for Hel 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Skasper » July 29, 2013 2:52am | Report
I am trying to get a grasp on ranged damage/support to better help my clan. I am used to the up close melee battles and am having a difficult time building and surviving (specifically with Hel).

if you want to try and help let me know either here on in game. IGN: Skasper

Skasper

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 29, 2013 3:00am | Report
don't use hel, it is better to be aphrodite or chang'e

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 29, 2013 3:17am | Report
Breastplate of valor can be a godsend for you if you're being dived. Otherwise, Ethereal Staff and Gem of Isolation can be good choices, along with an Aegis Amulet.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 29, 2013 10:48pm | Report
Skasper wrote:

I am trying to get a grasp on ranged damage/support to better help my clan. I am used to the up close melee battles and am having a difficult time building and surviving (specifically with Hel).

Breastplate of Valor will be a core item in every game if you have even a single physical enemy (so, every game, lol). If your team is unable to peel melee gods off of you, then I would recommend getting a Gem of Isolation, as you will be able to have a high uptime on it due to how often you will be able to cast Repulse, Decay, and Restoration.

I'm aware my guide is meant for Arena, but feel free to take a look at it as I'm sure there could be some useful tips in it regardless of the game mode.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 29, 2013 10:57pm | Report
Skasper wrote:

Breastplate of Valor will be a core item in every game if you have even a single physical enemy (so, every game, lol). If your team is unable to peel melee gods off of you, then I would recommend getting a Gem of Isolation, as you will be able to have a high uptime on it due to how often you will be able to cast Repulse, Decay, and Restoration.

I'm aware my guide is meant for Arena, but feel free to take a look at it as I'm sure there could be some useful tips in it regardless of the game mode.

RazeMage wrote:

don't use hel, it is better to be aphrodite or chang'e

The fact that Hel can nullify CC on multiple teammates on a 6.5 second cooldown gives her uses that neither Chang'e or Aphrodite can offer, so she's not totally outclassed. ~.^

Edit x like 6: I need to learn how to code better...

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }