Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ares conquest help/mentoring greatly appreciated

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Ares conquest help/mentoring greatly appreciated 3 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Do you like Smite?
Yes!
Yes
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ChainsOfRabbits » May 6, 2014 11:10am | Report
Hello there, I'm semi-new to the game; I say that as I'm not really new but I am far from experienced. I usually play conquest with a bit of assault thrown in the mix. My main used to be Ra/Apollo, but then I decided I needed a change so I've gone through a few Gods and found that I quite like the support role. I'm looking for anyone who is willing to lay out how to play Ares in conquest.

I've done a fair bit of reading on the site and from what I gather Ares is a tank/brusier support(?)

As I say, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to playing support (melee and I didn't really play Ra as support) so any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
ChainsOfRabbits

P.S. when trying to post this thread, it kept saying that I had to put a poll. Not sure why so that is why it is there :)

ChainsOfRabbits

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 6, 2014 10:10pm | Report
Ares is a lane bully.

He has high damage output, like, really high. If you can land Shackles in lane, and if your adc is decent, it'll most likely be a kill. You need to be aggressive and you need to have follow up.

The problem with Ares is that he has bad peeling. What that means is that he doesn't do very well in protecting his adc. All you can do, really, is dish out a ton of damage. Your ultimate could be used to prevent enemies from attacking your ADC, but it's quite slow and ineffective and could be easily countered by Beads.

Bottom line, play aggressive with him. If you land your shackles, proceed with another 2 shackles and then Searing Flesh. But, if you miss Shackles, disengage. Do not attack if you have missed them.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ChainsOfRabbits » May 7, 2014 8:25am | Report
Thanks man, that's a big help!

ChainsOfRabbits

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }