Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New to Smite and Mobas, looking for help!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Introductions & Matchmaking » New to Smite and Mobas, looking for help! 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rospoho » July 24, 2014 1:37am | Report
Yo guys!
I'll introduce myself, I'm Michele from Italy, i love online multiplayer games in the RPG style, and i play almost only this kind of games now.
I'm a really busy guy, i work from 55 to 70 hours a week, and i like to spend my free time on my pc, my friends, and sometimes with random girls (i'd like this last more often...)
I downloaded Smite a week ago, a friend of mine told me how awesome the game is, so i tried it, and now i'm addicted!
I never played MOBAs before, i come from a competitive scene in Guild Wars 2 in the last 2 years where i was playin in the top 500 of the leaderboards, and that game is way faster and more complicated than this one, so i understood fast how to move, dodge and kite enemies in Smite (still a noob of course).
I did almost only Joust now, i tried some Arenas, Conquest and Siege too, but i enjoied a more simple and strait forward game mode to learn the basics.
Right now i'm at level 11, i mastered Neith and Ymir, almost mastered Guan Yu, but i spent my favors to buy Loki, and i'm in love with that ninja playstyle!
I would like to ask something about the basiscs of the game:
1. I'm finding hard to understand the roles, i saw some basic guides but still dont really understand Solo/Duo, jungling etc, do you guys have some awesome guide for newbs?
2. As Loki, what am i supposed to do in counquest and siege? What about the buffs?
3. Where can i find some simple maths for stats, gold, exp and buffs, so that i can understand what they really do and how can i level up faster?
4. Can anyone add me as friend in game ( name is Rospoho) and adopt me as a player?
Thanks a lot for the attention!!!!!!

Rospoho

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 24, 2014 2:19am | Report
first welcome and enjoy your stay

part of this should be in mentoring thread. But I could take you under my wing for some stuff.

1.I don't know which guides you saw but these 2 should help out really well
[link=https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/the-complete-beginners-guide-to-smite-updated-5-27-14-4724]The Complete Beginner's Guide to SMITE![/link] and
[link=https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/a-beginners-guide-to-the-roles-and-etiquette-of-smite-conquest-up-to-date-4-7-2014-4401]A beginners guide to the roles and etiquette of SMITE (conquest)[/link]

and here I will give a short (and as correct as I can do) explanation of the roles

ADC:
this role is more a late game role because adc starts dishing out a lot of damage in late game. In the beginning they go with a support too duo to farm and trying to get some kills on the other support or adc (Prefer to kill the adc because then their behind). This is the role of getting powerfull quick (by last hitting)

Support:
As the name says he is a support this is mostly a tank but you have some healers as support too. their job is too defend their adc. and in teamfight they try to get focuss on them instead of the squishies in the back. they have a lot of CC

Mid:
well the mid lane is most of the time a pusher mage. they are constantly trying too ill the wave of minions asap. they also help securing the mid camps. and when possible (when lane is pushed) rotate too help another lane.

solo:
solo is more about sustain. It is your job too keep your tower alive and try too finish their tower (after their first is destroyed you gain roam possibility). this lane is mostly played by warriors and certain mages.

jungle:
the jungle helps out his team by dropping buffs and ganking (and farming for himself) this role is constantly rotating actually.

2. I'm not a Loki expert. but in conquest you can either go solo, mid or jungle. where jungle is the most picked for him (but he is a viable solo too) for what too do as role is in the 2 guides. I can't help you well with jungling though (I'm more of an adc/mid/solo player. that are the roles I fullfill well)

3. IDK how this system works someone else maybe well

4. I can but which server are you on?

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » July 24, 2014 3:05am | Report
Hiyas. Welcome to the forums.

1. Is answered by Devampi already.

2. Basically, Loki is a high damage - Single target assassin. Your job is to pick off 'squishy' enemy gods (gods with minimal protection and/or hp) and remove them from the lane, thus helping your laner.
In Siege, the meta is unclear though. They usually go 2 - 2.

3. Try this site

4. I can probably do that :)

Good luck on your Smite games.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 24, 2014 3:15am | Report
As Devampi posted, my guide "The Complete Beginner's Guide to SMITE!" will probably be of great use to you. It explains terminology, the user interface, stats, and more. Also, it has a buttload of links to other useful guides.
Also, this guide: A beginners guide to the roles and etiquette of SMITE (conquest).

If there's any two guides I can recommend for beginners, it would be those I listed.

For Loki, I suggest you read I'm behind you..... - Loki Arena and Solo Lane guide.

Also, this link here will take you to a page with all of Smitefire's Loki guides linked in it.

Anyway, welcome to Smite and welcome to Smitefire! Hope you have a dandylicious time :)

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rospoho » July 24, 2014 3:25am | Report
Thanks a lot guys,
when i have 10 minutes i'll read those guides and see the site that Ferrum linked!
From what i saw, i'd like to play the jungler or ADC style, i played support and tanks too much in my previous experiences.
Another fast and stupid question:
_ As a jungler how do i exp fast? Do i have to kill all the jungle monsters or just the ones with buffs i need and then go help in the lanes?
_ Do the buffs from the Jungle transfer to all the party or just the player that pick dem up?
_ how do i use that communication sistem with voice chats? I think it says [VCC]or something before the message.

Rospoho

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 24, 2014 5:17am | Report
1. clearing camps for xp and gold.
2. only the fire giant buff the others depends on who picks the buff up
3. well push v and then you will see the menu. the v-f commands are really important.

if your going to play Loki it's jungle adc is best suited for an hunter class.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rospoho » July 24, 2014 6:23am | Report
Devampi wrote:

1. clearing camps for xp and gold.
2. only the fire giant buff the others depends on who picks the buff up
3. well push v and then you will see the menu. the v-f commands are really important.

if your going to play Loki it's jungle adc is best suited for an hunter class.

So Neith is a cool ADC right?

It seems to me that farming jungle monsters give less exp than killing minions in lanes, am i wrong?

Rospoho

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 24, 2014 6:54am | Report
Rospoho wrote:

So Neith is a cool ADC right?

It seems to me that farming jungle monsters give less exp than killing minions in lanes, am i wrong?

you're not so wrong. in some way it gives less exp (I think it gives more gold) but this allows for only 1 shared lane so the solo won't have a reduction on his exp.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 24, 2014 2:09pm | Report
Junglers usually have more gold than the duo laners, but not as much as the mid laner nor the solo laner, unless you're really good and can take out all the camps and gank like crazy.

Anyway, the best way for me to prioritize is like this:
Ganking > Keeping up on Mid Furies > Grabbing Buffs (especially enemy buffs) > Dropping blue buff for your team > Killing Small Furies.

Also, Neith is a good ADC, especially for beginners. She's very easy to jump in and use. Once you get more comfortable and are confident that you can land most of your auto attacks, you should go for Apollo.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 24, 2014 3:07pm | Report
You can also drop red/Orange buff for your team

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }