Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hello everyone, new and relatively lost.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Introductions & Matchmaking » Hello everyone, new and relatively lost. 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sylor » January 13, 2016 10:23am | Report
Greetings,

I got this a couple of days ago and it is my first MOBA.

I have some understanding of the game now, but I'm still quite bad at it.
I guess it's a combination of not being familiar with most of the items yet and not having found the "right" god for me.

What do you suggest I do, as a new player? Any particular tutorials/guides?(particularly for items/what to buy when/current state of the low-level meta).

I've been playing mostly arena to get used to the gods.

I'm EU, and anyone wants to play with me, feel free to add me. IGN is Sylor41

Sylor

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 13, 2016 10:40am | Report
As S3 is coming soon you can better delay learning items a little bit (building by recommended page is a good thing to do if you do want to build yourself)

Also I'm going to recommend to also go into other modes (even conquest) since your probably not lvl 30 yet (also below lvl 30 meta can be weird especially for conquest). I don't recommend you to stick to one game mode (and because it's arena too) as most game modes play differently some game modes are a bit more the same and easier to get into (conquest-joust-clash-siege-assault) and others are really different (arena is the one being not close to any other game mode)

all game modes are useful for things though especially to train several skills for conquest

-Conquest: The main game mode you can learn a lot here but it's not very focussed and hard to get into. teaches rotating and jungling (onkly game mode to have a consistent jungler)
-Arena: Teaches teamfighthing pretty well as it's a constant teamfight
-Assault: Also Teaches team fighting especially low health team fighting and gives a better feel for conquest (as there is less space) and it can help with mana preservation. Also useful to learn to make weird compositions work and know strengths and weaknesses of comps)
-Joust: teaches teamfighting on a smaller scale but is better to use for getting a feel how laning goes.
-Siege: Also gives you a bit of a feel about laning. this mode helps a lot with rotating.
-Clash: well this can be considered a small version of conquest IMO but is a randomness fest too. can't learn a lot from it probably maybe towerdiving as it's easier to do and "less" dangerous (you can get away with diving deep more easily)

Also if you are searching for some guides we have some general guides on the site that should help (if someone can link them)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sylor » January 13, 2016 11:57am | Report
Thanks a lot for the reply, and the solid advice.

I've played a couple of Joust games and one Conquest game. Level 8 atm.

I like the breakdown you gave of the modes; helps me wrap my head around them. I'll give the other modes a shot as well.

Thanks again!

Sylor

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }