Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thoth - Smite God (Idea)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Thoth - Smite God (Idea) 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by XiiPhyn » January 9, 2014 3:00pm | Report
Hey guys, I'm XiiPhyn. I play Smite regularly, and my friend RarelyDelicious and I thought that Thoth would be an awesome god to have added to the game. He is god of knowledge, and I think that the abilities and description we have right now is a very good idea.

All the abilities are inspired by the actual Egyptian Mythology (such as the ability Book of Thoth, which contains two abilities that are spells in the mythological book).

I linked a google document open to public commenting. Please feel free to comment whatever you think should be changed (for example an OP or UP ability or attribute).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10zc7I2WQTGKsFRY9jOul618YknBgwlu4Lvo7GODlg9A/edit

XiiPhyn

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shamu » January 9, 2014 3:46pm | Report
I think he's a bit strong.
You want to give him a 1s stun every second for 5 seconds? Starting at 0.5 which is 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5. Which means it would last the whole duration between 0.5->4.5. Even at level 1 that's too strong. 0.2 second It's like 0.3s not stunned for 5 seconds.

Ult seems a bit strong too would make him tanky without needing anything. If he's meant to be a tank then he shouldn't have strong area damage, but he has no threat/aggro/reason to attack him. Seems like he can heal once per fight, stun once per fight then turn into a giant monster who can't really do anything.

Maybe I understand it wrong but his kit doesn't really fit, although it's a nice idea with some nice skills, they just don't really mesh together to form 1 god in my opinion.
Username: Shámu.
Currently playing: Athena and Chang'e.
Always accenting new friend requests for games!

Shamu

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by XiiPhyn » January 9, 2014 4:02pm | Report
Shamu wrote:

I think he's a bit strong.
You want to give him a 1s stun every second for 5 seconds? Starting at 0.5 which is 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5. Which means it would last the whole duration between 0.5->4.5. Even at level 1 that's too strong. 0.2 second It's like 0.3s not stunned for 5 seconds.

Ult seems a bit strong too would make him tanky without needing anything. If he's meant to be a tank then he shouldn't have strong area damage, but he has no threat/aggro/reason to attack him. Seems like he can heal once per fight, stun once per fight then turn into a giant monster who can't really do anything.

Maybe I understand it wrong but his kit doesn't really fit, although it's a nice idea with some nice skills, they just don't really mesh together to form 1 god in my opinion.

No, you must have misread. The stun is only at the beginning of the ability - it doesn't stun for every tick. The stun is supposed to be fairly minor, and the poison I am changing the stats on (giving it a huge nerf)

For the ulti I'm changing the health to 200% instead of 300%, and he is still vulnerable to basic attacks (which still deal a lot of dmg). And he would be a HUGE help in team fights, not mainly a tank. This could prevent many people from using abilities, allowing your teammates to attack them - you can even make them do more damage.

I also disagree with the point that he doesn't come together to make a god. He has a CC ability that applies poison, a main wave clearing ability, a heal, and a protective/team fight ability. I would say that his 1 and his 3 do a lot of area damage and his ulti can do lots of damage and turn the tides of a team fight.

However, thanks for you point of view. I'll definitely nerf some of his abilities and take into mind that his ult may be too tanky.

XiiPhyn

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » January 9, 2014 6:39pm | Report
For future reference this should belong in the "God & Item Ideas" section of the forums.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 10, 2014 3:04am | Report
Passive is ridiculously overpowered. So what if you get 50% damage reduction on a god's basic attacks? You only specified "attacks," and never put down how long this buff lasts. Congrats, this should read as "Thoth receives 50% damage from an attack if he's been hit by it before." May not be your intention, but that's how it stands.

Book of Thoth is odd, and I can't really visualize the attack without any additional info like projectile width and speed, distance, etc.

Balance is a bit too high. Maybe reduce the base healing by 25% or make it give a buff or something when at lower health. The healing beats Hel by a huge amount, and while it lacks her speed boost, I thought this was supposed to be a damage AoE mage, not a heal and blast mage.

How wide are the targeters? We need to know this stuff. For instance, I have no idea about Judgement. Stun time is tiny, and the damage is ridiculous (130% of magical power beats most ultimates.)

Ultimate, I believe it works on Thoth's basic attacks. Well, I think the damage reduction and increased damage should be static. After all, damage and defenses already scale with level; there's no need to turn Thoth into some kind of mage hyper carry. The mark duration increase itself is already tremendously useful. (Also, the stats on the end are way too high for my liking.)

I do like how you put it on google docs.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by XiiPhyn » January 10, 2014 4:43am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Passive is ridiculously overpowered. So what if you get 50% damage reduction on a god's basic attacks? You only specified "attacks," and never put down how long this buff lasts. Congrats, this should read as "Thoth receives 50% damage from an attack if he's been hit by it before." May not be your intention, but that's how it stands.

Book of Thoth is odd, and I can't really visualize the attack without any additional info like projectile width and speed, distance, etc.

Balance is a bit too high. Maybe reduce the base healing by 25% or make it give a buff or something when at lower health. The healing beats Hel by a huge amount, and while it lacks her speed boost, I thought this was supposed to be a damage AoE mage, not a heal and blast mage.

How wide are the targeters? We need to know this stuff. For instance, I have no idea about Judgement. Stun time is tiny, and the damage is ridiculous (130% of magical power beats most ultimates.)

Ultimate, I believe it works on Thoth's basic attacks. Well, I think the damage reduction and increased damage should be static. After all, damage and defenses already scale with level; there's no need to turn Thoth into some kind of mage hyper carry. The mark duration increase itself is already tremendously useful. (Also, the stats on the end are way too high for my liking.)

I do like how you put it on google docs.

Thanks for a thoughtful response. The passive does not stack, so it only works if someone uses the same attack or ability twice in a row. The second one does 50% damage. If they do a third one, it is back to 100% damage.

BTW, for the poison, look at xbalanque's poison darts, which do 100% extra magical damage just for the poison (20% per tick). Also, they slow enemies and have impact damage.

And, yeah, I forgot to do the radius for the third ability, but I'll fix other stuff later.

XiiPhyn

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by XiiPhyn » January 12, 2014 5:47am | Report
UPDATE: Cooldowns are changed, poison now has less damage (scales 7-23 and adds 7% of magical power), but also slight slow. Please take a look at the changes

XiiPhyn

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by XiiPhyn » January 15, 2014 10:20am | Report
UPDATE 2: Redid his passive and ultimate, they fit him much better now.

XiiPhyn

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }