Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[RMDEC13] Balder, The Mistleteinn Prince

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [RMDEC13] Balder, The Mistleteinn Prince 11 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Siinrajiaal » December 25, 2013 4:48am | Report
His passive is simple: He gains stacks which increase attack speed (before items ideally). These stacks dont have a duration, they only expire when consumed with an ability. I use mages that are basic attack based, and their basic attacks certainly don't seem weak. His Attack progression takes longer with the second and third hit, but the length is also the damage multiplier. the 1.3, 1.7, 2. He's designed to meld attack basic attacks and abilities.

His 1, might not seem simple, but it's simple too. You activate it like Xbalanque's Bolo, and every time you swing your sword, it attacks as both a ranged attack and a melee attack, giving it the potential to hit two enemies with one swing if used right.

His Mark. I didn't really see it as that weak initially, but the numbers are just for example sake. As for the powerful slow, it might make more sense to just use a flat 25% slow, and just scale the duration?

And for Quantum of Light. I didn't think of 375 as a high value for a spell. Especially since he has to hit 9 basic attack hits before that move even does damage. I tried to scale to scale the damage a bit more like a tank would do, because he's not going to be effective played glass cannon by most people. Realistically the damage from this move is comparable to Ra's Celestial Beam, and will cause damage notable less often.

Regarding his Ultimate. It's strange, and I could see why you would think that it encourages suicide bombing, but it's not actually the case for a user that tried to figure the character out. Most of the damage from the ability is done based upon damage taken. To best make use of that, high HP would be built. The scaled damage from the ability upon death is miniscule in comparison to the benefit of the damage return. Ideally Baldur would survive the fight, using his ult much like a damage version of Hercs mitigate wounds. Balder gets ambushed and is GOING to die anyway, he has the ability to deal some serious damage on the way out. If he has 4000 HP, but low protections, he will take a lot of damage. If they kill him from full health with the Ult active, he deals out a combined total of like 4.5k damage. The faster the enemy deals damage without him dying, the more damage that enemy will take. If the enemy is nearly dead and Baldur is about to die, he can pop Aegis to finish the duration without dying, killing the enemy.

I really appreciate you taking the time to read the god idea and offer input. I'll admit i'm not expert. If the character was real, and as I laid it out, I know it would go through balancing phases. Overall Balder is an underpowered god. That's why he has a 1 second blind, a brief CC immunity, a life tap that lets all of his allies leech health off of a specified target, and the ability to land on hit effects on more than one enemy at a time.

He's not a true mage, or a warrior. certainly not an assassin, and not really cut out for a pure tank role. His biggest benefit is his ability to disable an opponent caught out of position, to get an assist or possibly a kill.

I think off the top of my head I would first build level 1 of demonic grips and warlocks sash. I would then complete Demonic grips and grab level 1 of fatalis. Next I would finish Warlocks sash. After this I would finish Fatalis (not Hastened. A slow attacking character doesnt get the benefit from Hastened fatalis, because the 1s stack of no attack movement penalty vanishes before you can attack again.) Next I would grab gem of binding. Then ethereal staff. and I would finish with Rod of Tahuti. Situationally gem or fatalis could be replaced with proterctions items with hp like Bulwark of Hope to increase survivability, or even Bancrofts Talon to take advantage of the high hp and damage focus of the ult. I think built in that basic way, Balder would be powerful enough and attack fast enough to dish out decent damage.

I'm always open to hear more suggestions and ideas, or even just to know someone took an interest lol.

~Siin

Siinrajiaal

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }