Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[RMDEC13] Aquilo God Concept;The Wind of the North

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [RMDEC13] Aquilo God Concept;The Wind of the North 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SlowMotionSpeed » December 23, 2013 3:58pm | Report

The Lore

God Forum Update
The Spirit of 12 Mares
All Stances Scale 5(%*) Buff.
*Percentage is only affected for Movement Speed.
Aquillo owns 12 mares that are gained every 10s. The longer he stays in combat, the horses help hasten all of his abilities cooldown to the maximum of 8s (even with CDR). The horse's majestic presence provides Aquillo an Aura Buff depending on the last ability used, and can be used to also help improve his abilities.
Aquillo can have a maximum of 12 mares at a time.

TailWind
Tornadoes
Damage: 3/6/9/12/15 (+15% Magical Power)
Slows: 11/12/13/14/15%
Cooldown: 12s
In a small radius location, Aquillo creates a strong gust which slows, and cripples all enemies nearby. The gust comes out in a ripple effect outside from the center of the ability dealing small amounts of damage every .5s and pushing enemies away from the center. This ability lasts for 5s.
A mare given to the ability will circle around the center of the ripple, providing a small movement speed buff per each mare.
Stance provides the same Movement Speed Buff, by percentage in an aura.

Reinforced Steeds
Cat Call
Lends: 25% of Protections and Power
Heals: 50/100/150/200/250(+50% Magical Power)
Steeds are sent out to help reinforce Aquillo's allies. A horse is sent to a nearby ally for a short duration lending 25% of Aquillo's Protections and Powers. (All Magical Power are converted to Physical Power) until the horse returns to Aquillo providing him a +15% Buff for all the Stats he lends.
If Aquillo has a Special Mare left over it heals the nearby ally and when the mare returns, he is healed for half of how much he healed his ally.
Stance provides both forms of protection.

Last Breath
Debuff: 3/6/9/12/15
Damage: 80/120/150/180/210 (+50% Magical Power)
A strong Icy Breath is sent down the spines of your enemies. Reducing their Protections and dealing a small amount of damage.
If there is a Special Mare nearby then the icy breath steals the enemy protections and provide them to Aquillo.
Stance provides small amounts of power.

Prize Possesion
Hangtime: 1s
Damage:200/300/400/500/600 (+60% Magical Power)
Slow: 25%
Damage Buff: 3%/6%/9%/12%/15%
Cooldown: 60s
Aquillo has a special prize in mind. He targets the enemy with a cloud. When the cloud first initiates it lifts the enemy then dropping the God down providing fall damage. Marking the enemy for death, the enemy takes more damage from allies for 5s. If the target is alive it'll receive a small slow for 3s.
If a Special Mare is available it provides vision of the enemy on the map.

Role: Tank;Support (Magical Bruiser)

Attack Progression: 1/1/1.5; Ranged Attacks

Pro's: High Crowd Control

Meant to be a very strong, High Damage, and great support team player. I wanted him to feel like a god when you play him, you can truly see the actions and effects of your choices.

SlowMotionSpeed

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 24, 2013 5:27pm | Report
Sona? Is that you?

Also, a support should not deal high damage, period. That's why they're supports. Hard CC, powerful attacks, and good support in one god is definitely overpowered.

Considering the low cooldown, Reinforced Steeds are ridiculous. If they applied a stacking slow debuff, that'd be better. Maybe make them spin.

The passives are mostly weak, and Ice Block is similarly weak. The heal is practically nothing, and the removed protections are also negligible.

Ultimate is entirely broken. Deals 160% of magical power + 1040 base dmaage and heals for 800 + 160%. Broken as ****.

It sounds like you're new to Smite, to be honest. You don't seem to have a good grasp on the numbers.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SlowMotionSpeed » December 24, 2013 9:46pm | Report
Yes, it's me Sona...

Anyway You probably can tell I threw up the ultimate, second I'll try to be more kind with the number, and add a spice of creativity.

For whom it may concern,

S.M.S

P.S couldv'e been Uldyr
P.S.S I didn't notice I added a health damage absorb shield and how did you get 160% plus mp in ult. Also I shoul've mentioned ult is very slow.

SlowMotionSpeed

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 24, 2013 10:14pm | Report
If one tick is 0.3 seconds, and the ultimate lasts 5 seconds, the tick will proc 16 times.

10% magical power x 16 = 160%.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 25, 2013 12:03pm | Report
I have no freaking clue how 12 mares works. You need to expand on that. Are they like pets? A stacking self buff like Funeral Rites? How much CDR does one give? Number-based or percentage? Do they ever leave?

If Tailwind is as strong as I think it is, it gives a 60% movement speed buff (12 x 5%), which is ridiculous. There are ultimates less powerful than that. Main problem is that I have no idea how the mares work.

Reinforced Steeds are overpowered, not to mention it seems really difficult to program into the game. A bruiser tank would give around 40 protections (with just one tank item, maybe more), and depending on the build anywhere from 20-100 power, which will be broken if put on a physical god.
A full mage build will give 150+ power, which is still overpowered on a mage but completely broken on a physical carry. (With crits, you essentially increased their damage output by 375 per basic attack)

I don't understand LAst BReath. Steals just 15 protections with a horse at max rank. Really, really weak. In every sense of the word, and this seems like a perfect spot to add CC.

Prize Possession is like, WTF? It seems really out of place. I'm reminded of those machines where you pick up a stuffed animal with a claw. Also, I don't think you can "target" enemies like in LoL or Dota or HoN or such. It just feels so...weird.

Okay, if we were to focus on what it does, here's what I think. It's a single target nuke that deals a lot of damage, with some soft CC and a debuff. It seems unavoidable, which is the biggest problem.

Overall, the problem with this god is that you give no incentive to build tanky. All of his abilities have great contributions, but this is nto a bad thing. The problem is how his kit works.

Take Hercules. His one is close range, his two doesn't deal much damage and brings enemies close, his three relies on him being hit, and his ultimate is his only true "casty" skill. His kit forces him to be in danger most of the time, which is why not all Hercules build full damage even with his great contributions.

Another example is Athena, who always felt more like a magical bruiser to me. Mage Athena fails to work because her kit is not only close range, but even her absurd contributions fail to matter when she has no way of protecting herself, not to mention her taunt becomes suicidal without some protections.

Finally, let's look at another bruiser: Thor. He has a gap closer which acts as a poke/escape, a close range damage dealer, and a stun/wall. His poke has a long cooldown and using it as a long range attack robs him of an escape. His stun is not only delayed if used at a distance, but is generally more effective at lose quarters due to it being a wall. His spin to win is his spin to win.

Aquilo, on the other hand, has several abilities with great contributions, but they are literally all ranged with great natural CDR. Who wouldn't build his as a spammy ranged mage with a few debuffs?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }