Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[RMDEC] Skadi, the Midwinter Maiden

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [RMDEC] Skadi, the Midwinter Maiden 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » December 20, 2013 2:26pm | Report
Well, well, well,here we are again. This is my idea for the December competition. Now, I did originally write another text about my thoughts, the message and the feeling I wanted this character to give the player, although I accedently deleted the text and had to start all over again, therefore this is not excactly the same as the original. Hopefully this is still enjoyable and interesting for you.

Skadi was a fun character to ocome up with. I am currently working on a BIG smite-releated project (not gonna tell what it is yet, but it includes norse gods), and while working on that I had a thought about norse hunters and norse women. There are a lot of norse goddessess, but sadly only two have made it into the game so far. I saw that there was another competition this month and thought I'd dissapoint you if I didn't enter it myself. Therefore I had three things I wanted to do at the same time: A god releated to snow, cold, winter e.t.c., a norse goddess and a hunter. Skadi was perfect. A graceful markswoman of the north, with a cold embrace but with a warm heart, a Midwinter Maiden.

I wanted to give the player the feeling that he/she is constantly freezing the enemy before immediatly shattering them into tiny little baby pieces. I wanted the players to shiver when Skadi is in the game. I wanted to bring the essence of winter into my creation, while still bringin fun gameplay that fits with the role and theme of the character, as well as throwing in some lore here and there.

Now, look at me still talking, you've probably already skipped ahead to look at the character herself already! Very well then, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my entry for the December god idea competition created by RazeMage! She is known as the goddess of winter, the mountain skier, the j�¶tun of hunting, but in this case she is Skadi, the Midwinter Maiden!

Passive: Permafrost:

Skadi's basic abilities apply a certain amount of Permafrost to enemies hit. Basic attacks against enemies with Permafrost applied to them take bonus damage and are slowed, as well as increasing the duration up to a cap.

Bonus damage: 0,5% per stack applied
Slow: 0,5% per stack applied
Debuff duration: 3 seconds
Basic attack duration increase: 1 seconds
Maximum debuff duration: 6 seconds (bonus 3 seconds)
Maximum stacks: 46
Maximum bonus damage: 23%
Maximum slow: 23%
First Ability: Ice Spikes:

Skadi summons ice spikes from the ground in a line. Enemies hit by the spikes take physical damage and are stunned. Applies Permafrost.

Ability: Line
Physical damage: 70/135/200/265/330 (+80% of physical power)
Stun duration: 1/1,25/1,5/1,75/2 seconds
Permafrost stacks applied: 20
Cooldown: 13 seconds
Mana cost: 65/70/75/80/85 mana
This ability has about the same length as a Spirit Arrow, but is a little bit wider. Also, the spikes travel very slowly compared to other hunters' main damaging abilities. Think of Stop Time, just a bit slower.
Second Ability: Snow Storm:

Skadi creates a snowstorm at the targeted location. The snowstorm deals physical damage every second and reduces the healing of enemies within, while granting Skadi additional movement speed inside it. The snowstorm slowly increases in size during its lifetime.

Ability: AoE
Physical damage every second: 10/20/30/40/50 (+10% of physical power)
Duration: 6 seconds
Total damage: 60/120/180/240/300 (+60% of physical power)
Healing reduction: 50%
Bonus movement speed: 15/20/25/30/35%
Minimum AoE: 17,5 feet
Maximum AoE: 32,5 feet
Permafrost stacks applied every second: 2
Total permafrost stacks applied: 12
Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds
Mana cost: 65/75/85/95/105 mana
Comment:The minimum AoE is the same as a fully upgraded Made You Look. This should make it easier to compare this ability to other abilies.
Third Ability: Glacial Slither:

Skadi transforms into a glacial snake and moves quickly to the targeted location. Any enemies she passes through or are near her when transforming back into her original form are disarmed for a duration. Applies Permafrost.

Ability: Dash
Disarm duration: 1/1,25/1,5/1,75/2/2 seconds
Permafrost stacks applied: 14
Cooldown: 14 seconds
Mana cost: 70 mana
Comment: This ability is simular to The Moves, but with a slightly longer cast range and slightly smaller AoE. Disarm means that enemies cannot use basic attacks.
Ultimate: Midwinter Inferno:

Skadi blasts the targeted location with powerful ice crystals, dealing damage and freezing enemies. The damage and freeze duration is increased based on how many stacks of Permafrost the target has, and all stacks are removed by this ability.

Initial physical damage: 100/130/160/190/210 (+30% of physical power)
Initial freeze duration: 0,3 seconds
Bonus damage per stack of Permafrost applied: 9/10/11/12/13 (+2% of physical power)
Maximum bonus damage: 414/460/506/552/598 (+92% of physical power)
Total maximum damage: 514/590/666/742/808 (+122% pf physical power)
Freeze duration per stack of Permafrost applied: 0,07 seconds
Maximum bonus freeze duration: 3,22 seconds
Total maximum freeze duration: 3,52 seconds
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Mana cost: 120 mana

Apperance:

She would look about the age of Isis, but wearing a dress of ice and snow that covered the majority of her body, much like Chang'e. She would wield a bow of ice that shoots frost arrows. She would be proud and queen-like in personality, but still be nice and polite.

Well then, that about concludes my entry for the December competition; Skadi, the Midwinter Maiden! I hope I have succeeded in bringing a new, fun play style and unique mechanics to this character, and I hope you liked the idea in general! Any feedback is welcomed with open arms, the entry I made for the last competition was changed a lot based on feedback, and it won!

Thank you for staying, and as always, have a woderful day. //VultokoFredrik

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » December 22, 2013 2:03am | Report
Any thoughts? I would love to know things I could change/improve. I'm sure I could do something, but I need ideas and thoughts from others in the community to do so.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 22, 2013 10:00am | Report
Well, the only time you mention the maximum amount of stack you can have, is in your ultimate description, so that was kind of hard t find. Then getting 46 stacks onto an enemy is really hard to do, and because the initial damage is so low it becomes a weak ability. I would say that a person would have anywhere between 10-20 stacks on someone. So I would increase e base damage, but lower the scaling a bit.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » December 22, 2013 10:15am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Well, the only time you mention the maximum amount of stack you can have, is in your ultimate description, so that was kind of hard t find. Then getting 46 stacks onto an enemy is really hard to do, and because the initial damage is so low it becomes a weak ability. I would say that a person would have anywhere between 10-20 stacks on someone. So I would increase e base damage, but lower the scaling a bit.

That sounds reasonable! Also, I will add the max amount of stacks in the passive deiscription.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 22, 2013 4:53pm | Report
I think you have the comma key mixed with the period key.

What is she? Physical caster, physical basic attacker, physical tank, physical bruiser?

Passive is quite interesting, although a max of 46 stacks is odd. Why not 40?

I wanted to know her role because that stun on her second ability is quite long for someone who isn't a tank, not to mention a stun for 2 second from point blank range will destroy any melee gods. I think the stun should be 0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25/1.5 seconds, increasing to 1.5x the duration as travel time increases.

Snow storm is an interesting ability, but I think a 32.5 radius circle is a bit too long. That's longer than Kali's ultimate, and I think it'll clog up about 3/4 of a lane. Maybe 25 feet max?

Glacial Slither will be ridiculous against certain gods. You can use this, making Zeus useless for 2 seconds, then stun him, making him useless for another 2 seconds, all while slowing him and dealing good damage. Either remove the debuff or find a way to tone this down, because that's way too long to shut someone down. I would change the disarm to a regular ol' slow, perhaps a reduction in attack speed, in the spirit of the ability.

Ultimate: Nope nope nope. 3.5 second stun, even with the hassle of building stacks, is way too powerful. In some ways, it'll be even easier to use than Chang'e's ultimate.

I do like the idea of having an ultimate that depends on stacks, but a 3.5 second stun, combined with the damage, is essentially a free kill. Why don't you keep the damage flat and make only the stun increase?

Overall, some buts of this goddess worry me, but I like the concept of a ice-related hunter. Also a golden opportunity for cold puns. Stay cool!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » December 23, 2013 1:42am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I think you have the comma key mixed with the period key.

What is she? Physical caster, physical basic attacker, physical tank, physical bruiser?

Passive is quite interesting, although a max of 46 stacks is odd. Why not 40?

I wanted to know her role because that stun on her second ability is quite long for someone who isn't a tank, not to mention a stun for 2 second from point blank range will destroy any melee gods. I think the stun should be 0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25/1.5 seconds, increasing to 1.5x the duration as travel time increases.

Snow storm is an interesting ability, but I think a 32.5 radius circle is a bit too long. That's longer than Kali's ultimate, and I think it'll clog up about 3/4 of a lane. Maybe 25 feet max?

Glacial Slither will be ridiculous against certain gods. You can use this, making Zeus useless for 2 seconds, then stun him, making him useless for another 2 seconds, all while slowing him and dealing good damage. Either remove the debuff or find a way to tone this down, because that's way too long to shut someone down. I would change the disarm to a regular ol' slow, perhaps a reduction in attack speed, in the spirit of the ability.

Ultimate: Nope nope nope. 3.5 second stun, even with the hassle of building stacks, is way too powerful. In some ways, it'll be even easier to use than Chang'e's ultimate.

I do like the idea of having an ultimate that depends on stacks, but a 3.5 second stun, combined with the damage, is essentially a free kill. Why don't you keep the damage flat and make only the stun increase?

Overall, some buts of this goddess worry me, but I like the concept of a ice-related hunter. Also a golden opportunity for cold puns. Stay cool!

Yeah, I think I'm using the wrong key. I'm from Sweden, and in the swedish language we don't use that symbol at all :P
Skadi is a hunter.
I agree with everything you just said, this is the kind of feedback I love to have! I am writing this in a hurry, I'll soon be off to meet family and friends for christmas, therefore I don't have time to write all these changes down. People will have to look at your comment to get the whole idea of the chages.
Anyway, thank you once again for the feedback, and Merry Christmas to everyone!

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }