Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Redemption - SMITE Gametype Idea!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Redemption - SMITE Gametype Idea! 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » December 28, 2013 8:51pm | Report
Hello everyone! Guess who's back with more Ideas for SMITE! N-No...It's me. Me. Oh. You don't know who I am? Darn. v.v. Guess I should be a little more active.

BUT I'M BACK and I'm here to share my idea for a gametype I like to call 'Redemption' (originally called 'Reclaim the Land!' But it seemed too 'unepic' for SMITE.)
Description:
The worshipers are losing their faith in the gods. Help them from their certain damnation by descending into the mortal realm. Redemption is a 5v5 capture gametype where your goal is to gain complete control of the map in order to win the game. Average game time is 20 - 30 minutes.
-Map and Design
Rough Look (will have sketch soon)

The map would be an ancient Chinese themed battleground set in the Yellow River Valley (welcome home He Bo :D). I imagine it to have old fashioned buildings, all of which basically in ruin. The remaining soldiers would all be in their 'camps' looking depressed/hopeless.

The would be no lanes. All of the battle takes black in basically a straight line [except the jungle camps and secret paths.] The 'jungle' would be the paths around the mountains and in the middle of everything would be the yellow river. The jungle camps consist of red buff, blue buff, speed buff, and gold camps.
-The red buff monsters are the 'Nian Shou' (or 'New Years Beasts'), which are "lion-esque creatures said to live high in the mountains or underwater, they traditionally approached and attacked villages but once a year, massacring the population." I think they fit perfect for this map because they are beasts who are cloaked in red and wander in the mountains.
-The blue buff monsters are the 'Shui Gui' (or Water Ghosts) which are creatures that died due to watery causes. I think they fit perfect for this because they could have died in the Yellow river and water is blue, making them perfect blue buff mobs.
-The speed buff monsters are the 'Jiang Shi' (Chinese Demon Zombies) which are those demons in purple suits with the paper on their hats. I think they fit well because...Chinese zombies. Nuff said.
-The gold camps monsters are the Nu Gui (Ghost Women). I haven't done enough research on them, but they are women ghosts with a thirst for vengeance.

The camps themselves (no, not jungle camps) will consist of a small bonfire with tents and one or two buildings in separate camps. They will have soldiers beaten and depressed with their horses casually eating hay or grass. When a camp gets captured, the soldiers will cheer up and give a response. Some responses:
- 'I will fight for you, my lord!'
- 'Praise the gods have come once again!'
- 'Lead us into battle.'

Also, special responses will be given to Chinese gods. Some consist of:
- 'We serve you because we must, [enter Chinese god name here].'
- 'Let us exile their Demons' [if captured by Zhong Kui]
- 'All shall know the wrath of the great sage.' [If captured by Sun Wukong]
- 'Lead us to freedom once again.' [If captured by Ne Zha]
- 'We shall take them by storm.' [If captured by Ao Kuang]
- 'Use the might of the river!' [If captured by He Bo]
- 'Creation brings destruction.' [If captured by Nu Wa]
- 'Let the moon shine upon our armor.' [If captured by Chang'e]
- 'Lead us in these times of war.' [If captured by Guan Yu]

The minions will be the soldiers that are captured with the camps. The minions are average soldiers in ancient Chinese armor. Melee minions wield swords, the ranged minions are gunmen, and the tanky minions are men with spears on horses.

-Gameplay
To win a team must have all camps locked and captured. After which, waiting 15 seconds, the team will win the game.

What do you guys think? This is a rough draft and I will edit ALOT. But I need your help! Please post down below on improvements/changes I can implement to this gametype!

EDIT 1: CAMPS ARE LOCKED WHEN CAPTURED. SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT I FORGOT TO MENTION. TIMELIMIT UNTIL CAPTUREABLE IS STILL BEING DECIDED.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 28, 2013 9:04pm | Report
I'm conflicted about this. It seems like it's an Assault gamemode with a jungle, except you have to take 5 camps instead of 2 towers into a phoenix and minotaur.

Additionally, this gamemode may never end, as you have to own ALL 5 places, including the one right next to their spawn. Assault is one thing - when a tower is down, it's down. Get both towers down, and the next ace is likely the win.

In this gamemode, everything is recapturable. Give both sides a very escape-y, mobile god (I can imagine Mercury being a required pick, with Apollo, Thor, Loki, and Fenrir being next picks) that, when defeat is imminent, runs through the jungle to the end of the lane and nabs one quick camp to annoy the entire team.

I think 20-30 minutes is giving too much credit to a team being able to steamroll. I like the idea of a capture-to-win mode, but I think the single lane, or at least its execution, needs...touch-ups.

I'll try to dwell on this and give you better constructive criticism than an elaborate "no", but until then, hopefully we can brainstorm seperately-together, albeit an oxymoron?
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 28, 2013 9:07pm | Report
Also, with 150 posts and 7 upvotes (I have over a thousand and 45, which is about on par with you proportion wise.), you're basically equivilent to myself, an editor.

You've got nice comments and a pleasant attitude with how you present yourself. We'll learn who you are if you keep it up, buddy. :D
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » December 28, 2013 9:12pm | Report
Thanks! And about that...

I guess I forgot to mention (or maybe I was rushing) that they are locked for 90 seconds. Granted, that may make the game too short? And yes, about the assault with a jungle is basically correct, except the design doesn't separate the jungle from the lane, it's all one map.

Perhaps the average 'take towers, win game' fundamentals aren't preped for a 'capture-to-win' game type, but we'll see just where I can take this. But the camps are locked for a limited time to ensure something of the sort doesn't happen. Will be sure to edit the first post.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » December 28, 2013 9:14pm | Report
Oh! Thanks for the compliment. I guess I don't make myself known enough to become a staff member or an editor for that matter but I appreciate the compliment! (Also may have to do with my on/off activity).

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 28, 2013 9:16pm | Report
Okie dokie. I'd suggest a way that gaining multiple camps provide a slight snowball effect so it's not a ridiculous back and forth, but when only one camp remains, the team gains a buff or minion buff of sorts that provides the ability for a comeback.

In that sense, one team is able to gain an advantage, but that advantage is reversed when the other is pushed up against the ropes.

Also, I'd suggest a Fire Giant buff in the very corner of the map. In the sense that this is a square with a single lane along the diagonal, put the fire giant at the very corner of the map. This uses up a VERY big amount of time, but the buff may or may not be worth it! And will the other team ignore it and push the lane, or go to steal and/or fight? I think that'd provide a very big strategy factor past "shove the lane" :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » December 28, 2013 9:21pm | Report
Hmm...Interesting ideas! I had a Boss Mob in mind called the Ba She which is basically a mountain dwelling Serpent with proportions comparable to Jormungandr. Is it a good idea? Or should I keep looking for other monsters better suited for boss battle material?

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 28, 2013 9:26pm | Report
How about catching a camp Greece tickets. This sounds good to exchange dom

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » December 28, 2013 9:38pm | Report
I was going for a Chinese themed map, since we already have Greek, Nordic, Egyptian, and Roman themed maps. But I don't fully understand. Something like Crystal Scar, right? I was originally going for a Worshiper count where you kill minions and capture camps to decrease enemy worshiper count, is that something like you're comment?

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 28, 2013 10:07pm | Report
Lol, somehow I wrote reduce and it auto correct to Greece. Yeah, I mean something like crystal scar

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }