Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Quetzalcoatl, The Peaceful God of Creation

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Quetzalcoatl, The Peaceful God of Creation 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZeroAlkaiser » November 12, 2013 6:42am | Report
Quetzalcoatl The Peaceful Feathered Serpent. V2

My Idea here is to add to both the lack of Aztec gods in smite, and to create a support type mage with a different type of theme then the normal war type gods. Also note this is Version 2 of the idea and feedback would be appreciated.

Passive: Peaceful Plea. Asking for a peaceful solution to every problem, enemy gods within 35+1 foot per god level of Quetzalcoatl have an added 25% added to the cc they take. This Passive does not go through walls but will move beyond temporary barriers, such as Thor's wall, and Odin's ring of spears

Ability 1: .Serpents Gaze: Letting his power flow through his eyes, Quetzalcoatl intense gaze forces Enemy gods within sight, fan effect, to be knocked back and take damage from the frightful gaze of the god of creation. 20/29/38/47/55 +50% of his magic power Cool down: 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 seconds.

Ability 2: Morning Star. Becoming the morning star once more all gods who behold his glory are immediately stunned and blinded. Duration: 1 second. Range 20/25/30/35/40 feet . Cool down: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds.

Ability 3: Rainbow Feathers. Quetzalcoatl pulls feathers off his body and throws them around himself becoming mines where they land for enemies or health for friendly allies. 15/22/30/38/45 +50% of his magic power. Feather Amount 2/4/6/8/10. Cool down: 15/13.5/12/10.5/9 seconds.

Ability 4: Feathered Serpent: Changing to his most famous form the brilliance of leaves enemies in awe. Any unfriendly god within Quetzalcoatl's passive is also slowed and have reduced power while allies gain movement and power. Duration 8 seconds, Slow Percentage 10/20/30/40/50%, Power lose/gain 5/10/15/20/25%. Cool down 80/74/68/62/56 seconds.

Role: Support Mage.
Pro. High Support, Sustain, Crowd Control.
Cons. Low Damage. Low Defense.

Explanation of Abilities and Reasoning: Most of the numbers I attached to the abilities were generalizations and not in any way meant permanent, I am not so inflexible nor do I want an op god. Since this god is meant to be more peaceful as per his lore all of his abilities are more about the effects they do rather than the damage indicated, knock back, stun, heal and so on. The knock back is obvious so as not to engage in direct as per his beliefs as does the feathers since he is a cleaver god and well placed mines or healing spots would be something he would do. Since most of his abilities are more based on the added effects then damage and such I felt that his ult is justified in its power. Combos involving this god: Yes I realize with certain cc abilities around it could get incredibly nasty, but that is the whole point of Quetzalcoatl here, to stop the enemy aggression Example: if all 5 gods were caught in Chang'e's ult that last god normally would have a long wait at 5 seconds, however that wait grows much longer if Quetzalcoatl is there becoming 6.25 seconds. More than likely a dead god but again this is the peaceful god's design. This is a revised Version of my previous attempt at this particular god and as such suggestions and advice are always appretiated.

Edits From Last Version:
Passive Range decreased from 55+level to 35+level.
Number 1, Creater, Changed to Serpents gaze, a damaging/knockback ability.
Duration of Morning Star stun changed to a flat 1 seconds (1.25 with his passive)
Duration of Ultimate Changed to a flat 8 Seconds before it deactivates.

ZeroAlkaiser

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZeroAlkaiser » November 29, 2013 12:39am | Report
I realize now that for the most part the new upcoming goddess, Nu-wa, has similar abilitys and I will think of how to rework this one to be its own thing or maybe tackle another deity.

ZeroAlkaiser

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 29, 2013 8:43am | Report
I like it though. Seriously, although it may be flawed, (55 feet + level is so long it is pretty much "within sight" and beyond)

I will say one thing: He cannot survive without a damage skill. I'm not joking. He'll become useless for the same reason why Ares is useless in CQ. He can't do anything without a lane partner. Just force the enemy Quetzalcoatl's partner to leave, and then you have a free lane.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZeroAlkaiser » December 4, 2013 8:17am | Report
Thank you for your feedback, I have posted an edit thanks to your suggestion. You were correct in that he would be hopeless without a lane partner and I changed his first ability to compensate as well as a few tweeks here and there to hopefully make him more balanced. Thank you Subzero008.

V2 of this god is now in the main description.

ZeroAlkaiser

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }