Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Phobos: The God of Fear)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Phobos: The God of Fear) 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 5, 2013 1:27pm | Report
Lore
Pantheon: Greek
Primary Role: Mage

Pros: High CC, Good damage, Sustain
Cons: No escape, Squishy, Shortish range, CC makes victims run from him

Passive: Reign of Terror: Dealing Damage through basic attacks or spells (not counting additional procs) to a feared enemy gives Phobos a 5% buff to his Magic Power, stacking up to 3 times. In addition enemies feared by Phobos receive a buff making them immune to further fears by Phobos for the next 2 seconds.

1: Face of Fear: Phobos lifts his veil, dealing damage to enemies in the conebfearing enemies.
Cooldown: 10 Seconds Fear duration: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/ 2 seconds

2: Drink their Terror!: Phobos deals damage to all enemies in a circle near him. Gods who are feared take more damage and Phobos is healed for the amount of bonus damage dealt, but their fear is removed.
Cooldown: 8 Seconds Damage: 110/160/210/260/310(+60% of Magical power) Bonus Damage/Heal: 40/70/100/130/160(+30% of magical power)

3: Nightmare: Phobos flings horrid visions at his foes, the first enemy (including minions) hit take damage. If they are Feared they take double.
Cooldown: 9 seconds Fear Duration: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds seconds Damage:90/160/230/300/270(+100% of Magical Power)

Ult: True Terror: Phobos fears all enemies in a small cone in front of him, and for the next 6 seconds all enemies that have fear within an 80 ft radius are inflicted a DoT, dealing damage every .5 seconds for 3 seconds. New fears renew the DoT.
Cooldown: 100/90/80/70/60 Fear Duration: 1.5 seconds Damage per Tick: 15/25/35/45/55(+10% of magical power)

changelog
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 6, 2013 7:42am | Report
The passive is odd. I've never heard of a negative passive before. It feels like a weaker, more situational version of He Bo's passive.

His one seems a bit weak to me. Even at max rank and with doubled damage, it only deals 170 +60% of your magical power; even Chang'e's 1 deals more damage than that. But it sounds pretty interesting.

Drink their Terror sounds pretty unbalanced. By itself, it's fine, but with the rest of his kit, Phobos will almost always be healing himself and dealing the bonus damage. 470 + 90% sounds overpowered when it has a 6 second cooldown. (Also, with no limit on the enemies affected by the bonus damage, Phobos can heal himself for a ridiculous amount by attacking a minion wave.)

Nightmare is weird. Is it a projectile? A cone attack? Also, a 2.5 second fear is absurd. Athena's taunt lasts up to 2.0 seconds, and I'd say fear is a worse effect due to being unable to do anything except beads.

I do not like the first True Terror, especially with the scaling contributions. That makes very little sense, since it'll deal piss damage early levels, and scaling will be ridiculous. It also sounds needlessly complicated, and it kinda shuts down the possibility of Deimos coming in on his own.

The second one sounds pretty cool, even if it sounds kind of broken. The DoT lasts 3 seconds, and a careful Phobos will be able to refresh it three times, if they get max CDR on Face of Fear.

I'm worried about this guy being able to shut people down for a long time. Starting with Face of Fear, fearing them for 1.5 seconds, then using Drink Their Terror, then juking for about 1.5 seconds, then fearing them again, all while gaining increasing scaling on his magical power. That bit of combat would last about six seconds, and the enemy will be completely helpless for most of them.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 6, 2013 8:41am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

His one seems a bit weak to me. Even at max rank and with doubled damage, it only deals 170 +60% of your magical power; even Chang'e's 1 deals more damage than that. But it sounds pretty interesting.

It is meant to be used as an avoidable CC, not damage.
Subzero008 wrote:

Drink their Terror sounds pretty unbalanced. By itself, it's fine, but with the rest of his kit, Phobos will almost always be healing himself and dealing the bonus damage. 470 + 90% sounds overpowered when it has a 6 second cooldown. (Also, with no limit on the enemies affected by the bonus damage, Phobos can heal himself for a ridiculous amount by attacking a minion wave.)

The secondary effect only procs on gods, forgot to mention that. And i will raise the CD.
Subzero008 wrote:

Nightmare is weird. Is it a projectile? A cone attack? Also, a 2.5 second fear is absurd. Athena's taunt lasts up to 2.0 seconds, and I'd say fear is a worse effect due to being unable to do anything except beads.

Projectile, alot like Hels 1, maybe a bit thinner. Shrinking the CC as well, the whole reason I put it so high was so that Face of Fear wouldn't outshine it so much.
Subzero008 wrote:

I do not like the first True Terror, especially with the scaling contributions. That makes very little sense, since it'll deal piss damage early levels, and scaling will be ridiculous. It also sounds needlessly complicated, and it kinda shuts down the possibility of Deimos coming in on his own.

The second one sounds pretty cool, even if it sounds kind of broken. The DoT lasts 3 seconds, and a careful Phobos will be able to refresh it three times, if they get max CDR on Face of Fear.

Yeah, as i was writing that it felt like it was way too complex. And pretty much all Mage Ults are a little broken, and with his passive I believe he can only proc it twice, and it does not stack.
Subzero008 wrote:

I'm worried about this guy being able to shut people down for a long time. Starting with Face of Fear, fearing them for 1.5 seconds, then using Drink Their Terror, then juking for about 1.5 seconds, then fearing them again, all while gaining increasing scaling on his magical power. That bit of combat would last about six seconds, and the enemy will be completely helpless for most of them.

Subzero008 wrote:

The passive is odd. I've never heard of a negative passive before. It feels like a weaker, more situational version of He Bo's passive.

Hence the negative passive, it gives people an opportunity to dash, sprint, or jump away. The reason he has so much CC is so that he will be ABLE to proc his special effects, the passive prevents him from completely locking someone down.

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 7, 2013 10:09am | Report
Fear effects: Even with the 2 sec downtime, that doesn't change how he can shut people down. Let's say Athena could only taunt a person in 2 seconds after she taunted him last, and had multiple taunts. That doesn't change how she could, in 6 seconds, shut down any caster for 4 seconds, all while being free to pound on them.

Look...you can have a "signature ability" without making almost all of the abilities fear. You tried to put fear effects on a pedestal, but you ended up ruining the show by flooding the stage, so to speak.

Take Athena, for example. Her taunt became her signature ability, without making half her abilities afflict taunt. She's not any less effective because of it. (And on a slightly promotional note, Mist the Valkyrie had one stealth effect, but it's the centerpiece of her kit.)

If you want, I can give a version of Phobos that shows an example. It's your call.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 8, 2013 2:45pm | Report
Not yet. How about now?

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 8, 2013 9:11pm | Report
K, this will be a quick sketch and not a fully formatted god. So it won't be pretty-looking.

Phobos is a mage.

Passive: Feast of Fear: Phobos is empowered by the fears of his enemies. Phobos gains 20% lifesteal when he attacks a feared target. When Phobos gains 20% of his maximum health through this way, he gains a 10% bonus to his magical power for 4 seconds and his cooldowns are reduced by 2 seconds, after which the meter resets.

1: Awakened Terrors: Phobos warps and empowers the fears of his enemies, dealing 10/20/30/40/50 damage (+10% of your magical power) in a 20-foot circle every second for 5 seconds. Every enemy hit is slowed by 10%, and Phobos gains 10% movement speed for each enemy affected, up to 40%. Feared enemies are rooted for the duration (no longer feared). Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds.

2: Phobia: Phobos unleashes terror on his enemies, fearing them for 1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0 seconds and making them flee in a random direction away from Phobos. Area is a narrow but long cone. Cooldown: 17 seconds.

3: Nightmare: Phobos channel for 1.5 seconds, moving at half speed, then flings nightmarish visions on his enemies, dealing damage in a piercing line and dealing 90/155/220/285/350 damage (+100% of your magical power). Feared enemies take 20% more damage. Cooldown: 12 seconds.

4: Reign of Fear: Phobos gains 15/25/35/45/55 protections and 30% movement speed for 10 seconds, and becomes immune to soft CC. He gains 25% magical lifesteal. Cooldown: 70/65/60/55/50 seconds.

Commentary: This guy is a weirdy. His one is his mass CC attack. His three may do more damage to a feared target, but his one will be more useful in a teamfight overall. It's also his psuedo-escape.

His two is his signature skill, and the main reason why the fear goes to 3 seconds is because he cannot control where the feared targets are going (but I'm thinking or reducing it anyway).

His three is a fairly risky move. It requires a bit of luck and aim, but it can deal good damage, and can poke pretty well. Of course, he's vulnerable while channeling, which is intended to balance it's damage.

His ultimate is less of a huge burst skill and more like a massive self-buff. Enemies ganging up on you? Place a Awakened Terrors beneath your feet and activate this skill, and you will start gaining massive lifesteal from five enemies while moving stupidly fast. I'm also considering changing the CC immunity to mere soft CC immunity.

So...what do you think?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }