Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Next God Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Next God Idea 26 posts - page 2 of 3

Poll Question:

Next God Idea
Egyptian
Norse
Greek
Roman
Mayan
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » April 14, 2014 7:44am | Report
I'm a big fan of Norse gods, its probably the pantheon I have he most gods mastered, I feel like we have too many Greek gods and not enough of other pantheons I would love to see more roman, Mayan, and Chinese gods ..... And of course Norse :P

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » April 14, 2014 9:21am | Report
I just like the Greek gods and mythology. Yes there are many Greek gods but they are just so awesome :<

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » April 14, 2014 5:41pm | Report
To me, the Greek gods are really cool, yet extremely overused, usually when people think mythology, they think "Oh hey!, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades". I feel like there is so much more potential in other pantheons, especially Norse, Roman, Egyptian, Chinese, or Mayan. Plus I would love to see other pantheons such as Hawaiian (there are really cool god ideas out there) or other pantheons like Japanese or possible Native American, or even Finnish! Again there is tons of potential out there, people should get out of the Greek funk and head to other pantheons as their inspiration.

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » April 14, 2014 6:12pm | Report
Huh, that's a bit weird. I guess I don't get notified by the orange logo next to the thread when a new question comes up. I definitely would have replied to all the dudes on here, but I just pop open the forum real quick to see if there's any orange logos.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback, yo.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » April 14, 2014 7:20pm | Report
Sloogz wrote:

You sir, I love your signature. Thanks for the ideas!

You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » April 14, 2014 7:26pm | Report

To me, the Greek gods are really cool, yet extremely overused, usually when people think mythology, they think "Oh hey!, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades". I feel like there is so much more potential in other pantheons, especially Norse, Roman, Egyptian, Chinese, or Mayan. Plus I would love to see other pantheons such as Hawaiian (there are really cool god ideas out there) or other pantheons like Japanese or possible Native American, or even Finnish! Again there is tons of potential out there, people should get out of the Greek funk and head to other pantheons as their inspiration.

I'd love to see shinto as a new religion in smite, that would give a great variety of gods.

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 14, 2014 7:40pm | Report
I STILL WANT THE SLAVIC PANTHEON OMG IT HAS SO MANY COOL GODS
TRIVGLAV, THE THREE HEADED GOD OF WAR
PSOGLAV, "A demonic creature described as having a human body with horse legs, and dog's head with iron teeth and a single eye on the forehead"
Shishiga - A WOMAN WHO DOES NOTHING MORE THAN HARASS PEOPLE AND MAKE DRUNK PEOPLE UNLUCKY

SLAVIC PEOPLE RULE
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » April 14, 2014 8:58pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I STILL WANT THE SLAVIC PANTHEON OMG IT HAS SO MANY COOL GODS
TRIVGLAV, THE THREE HEADED GOD OF WAR
PSOGLAV, "A demonic creature described as having a human body with horse legs, and dog's head with iron teeth and a single eye on the forehead"
Shishiga - A WOMAN WHO DOES NOTHING MORE THAN HARASS PEOPLE AND MAKE DRUNK PEOPLE UNLUCKY

SLAVIC PEOPLE RULE

What about Baba Yaga - A witch-like character who eats small children and lives in a house which stands on chicken feet. That sounds pretty cool. :)

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » April 14, 2014 9:21pm | Report
Alright, I've come up with a list of awesome gods/mythical beings which completely and totally rock. :)

Tsuchigumo (Japanese) - A spider limbed dwarf - He commands an army of tarantulas. Ewww
Vukodlak (Slavic) - Undead Vmapire Horse Wolf
Bugbear (Celtic) - child eating hobgoblin
Drop Bear - Carnivorous marsupial, unconfirmed legendary animal (Australian) - It says it unconfirmed, does that mean it might be real? :3
Bicorn - Part Panther Part Cow with a human head, you better watch out for the Panther Cow. :)
Tanngrisnir and Tanngnjóstr - Thor's magical goats
Uchchaihshravas (Hindu) - a seven-headed all white flying horse, also the god of mispronunciation
Bunyip (Aboriginal) - A dog-like face, a crocodile like head, dark fur, a horse-like tail, flippers, and walrus-like tusks or horns and duck-like bill, in the form of a starfish that lives in swamps.
Cipactli (Aztec) - sea monster, part crocodile, fish, toad and has thousands of mouths.

Did I mention that most of them would be completely ridiculous?
+Rep if you like any. :)

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 14, 2014 9:30pm | Report
How about the original Basilisk, where it's a 10 story tall chicken with a tail? xD
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }