Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

{New God Idea} Yum Kaax, God of the Wild (or God of Corn)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » {New God Idea} Yum Kaax, God of the Wild (or God of Corn) 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reaper27 » February 24, 2014 8:08pm | Report

Reaper27

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » February 25, 2014 12:58pm | Report
His passive is Bumba's mask.
His 1 is 27 Transformations.
His 2 is alright.
His 3 is a ward.
His ult is Pillar of Agony + Thunderstrike.

You seem to be new here. We don't really copy things. Creativity is valued and sought after here, and what makes a good god idea is balance+fun factor. This god seems pretty boring, since I've basically already played him.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reaper27 » February 25, 2014 2:36pm | Report
Thank you for your honesty, however honesty can be conveyed without being offensive. If you want to break things down, many abilities of many gods are virtually the same, or mixed and matched. I apologize for making a suggestion and will refrain from such in the future since it's unwelcome. Thank you.

Reaper27

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » February 25, 2014 2:53pm | Report
hey at least it was a good try, if you change them a bit it could be a really cool idea

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » February 25, 2014 2:57pm | Report

hey at least it was a good try, if you change them a bit it could be a really cool idea

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reaper27 » February 25, 2014 3:44pm | Report
As stated at the end of the post, this is a very ROUGH idea. Instead of shutting it down outright, helpful advice, and comments would aid in taking the raw idea to shape it into something polished. This consideration was ignored, when discouragement was thrown upon it.

Can it be adjusted more? Yes. I said as much already when I posted. But this was discouraged.

Reaper27

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » February 25, 2014 3:55pm | Report
It didn't seem like he was trying to be rude, just it came off a little blunt. Don't be discouraged keep trying!

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » February 25, 2014 5:51pm | Report
Reaper27 wrote:

As stated at the end of the post, this is a very ROUGH idea. Instead of shutting it down outright, helpful advice, and comments would aid in taking the raw idea to shape it into something polished. This consideration was ignored, when discouragement was thrown upon it.

Can it be adjusted more? Yes. I said as much already when I posted. But this was discouraged.

I didn't shut it down. This would be shutting it down.

"Your post is horrible, never make a god idea every again. This is the worst thing I have every seen and you are a disgrace to the community"

I didn't say that, did I? You seem to have exaggerated my "discouragement"

Honestly a rough draft implies that the abilities are original and polished, but the numbers need to be tweaked. Stealing ideas is not "rough draft" as that would require a complete rework.
Sorry for any offense, but I think you took it a little too harshly.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reaper27 » February 25, 2014 6:11pm | Report
Sloogz wrote:

I didn't shut it down. This would be shutting it down.

"Your post is horrible, never make a god idea every again. This is the worst thing I have every seen and you are a disgrace to the community"

I didn't say that, did I? You seem to have exaggerated my "discouragement"

Honestly a rough draft implies that the abilities are original and polished, but the numbers need to be tweaked. Stealing ideas is not "rough draft" as that would require a complete rework.
Sorry for any offense, but I think you took it a little too harshly.

Stealing ideas...there is not really any other way to take that but to be offended. If you look at many of the already integrated gods, you will notice a great many of their abilities are incredibly similar.

What you describe as a rough draft would not be rough, it would be a final draft that's being tweaked. A rough draft is a basic compilation of the concept to get a very early idea of what the final could eventually look like, a rough draft lacks polish and sometimes rough drafts need to be entirely reworked or adjusted, it's a foundation to begin with. Which is what I had posted. To approach it with "you are stealing, so this is trash" attitude does not lend itself to any positive advice to fix the problems that may be seen.

Yeah, the numbers need to be tweaked, and some of the ways the abilities function need a tweak here and there as well before it could be considered a complete concept. What you came to the concept with is, "this is not original nor creative and boring." Met with immediate rejection, and not a single word or suggestion for improvement. I took it for what it said, if i am taking it harshly, it is because that is how it was presented.

Reaper27

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » February 25, 2014 6:26pm | Report
I'm sorry, but I disagree. I will draw comparisons between abilities of gods and the characters of other MOBAs, but not between gods. Except for MAYBE the heals (and even then they tend to have small variations that set them apart) most if not all abilities in smite are different. Also, yeah, Literal Bumba's passive makes this guy useless outside of the role you chose (Bad) Sun's dash but less cool and seemingly needing to target someone (...how?) an essentially true damage cone with fairly hard CC (Bad) a needlessly simple ward (Not really bad, but come on man add some flare!) and an ulti that is essentially Enigma's from Dota2 but with less detriment to those inside it and no channeling, I'd suggest reworking this. Like, a lot. I will post actual suggestions at a later date, for now HW calls.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }